jkljoshh

Forum Expert
MVP+
jkljoshh
jkljoshh
MVP+
Ratings
192 43
Not to seem ignorant, or pushy, but I'm litterally just going to quit KitPvP until:
-Staff actually go on and moderate/watch for hackers
-Better anticheat is added
It is hard for us players because litterally 2/3 of the players on Manacube KitPVP are hackers coming to just kill everyone, making us lose our kits that take 30 mins to get back (if you're a rank) and lowering our KDR and death amount. Not very fun.

Thanks for reading, have a good day.
~Bly

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
I agree, there are a significant amount of hackers always online. However, staff are not able to be online 24/7, you have to understand that. If you come across a hacker, /report them. If no staff member responds, then record a sufficient, clear video and report that player on the forums.

Complaining never gets you anywhere, simply just report someone if they’re hacking. You shouldn’t expect or rely on the staff and anti cheat to detect and ban every single cheater you come across.

Archon

MVP+
archonists
archonists
MVP+
Ratings
73 1
Not to seem ignorant, or pushy, but I'm litterally just going to quit KitPvP until:
-Staff actually go on and moderate/watch for hackers
-Better anticheat is added
It is hard for us players because litterally 2/3 of the players on Manacube KitPVP are hackers coming to just kill everyone, making us lose our kits that take 30 mins to get back (if you're a rank) and lowering our KDR and death amount. Not very fun.

Thanks for reading, have a good day.
~Bly
I'm going to break this down bit by bit. I'm going to make your quoted parts in times new roman font just so people realize that it's not me speaking.

"Not to seem ignorant, or pushy,"
Your intent and how you sound are completely different. You might not want to come off as ignorant or pushy but that's literally how you're coming off. You should've, if you really didn't want to come off as such; re-read what you were typing before sending it and think on how people could interpret this. It just sounds like some salty kid complaining if I can be honest.
"I'm litterally just going to quit KitPvP"
Join the club. People have made posts like this and have said this for months. One angry post that's fairly ignorant isn't going to change anything. Actually coming up with logical ways to fix it and doing your part as a member of the server is how you can fix it.
"Staff actually go on and moderate/watch for hackers"
As both @Tywone and I have stated, it's also your job to do your part as a member of the network. Staff members cannot be around 24/7, and staff members are not global here. So, a staff member on Survival, for example Speediare, cannot go on KitPvP and ban someone for hacking. Even they need to request a ban (as far as I know - this may have changed).
"Better anticheat is added"
Sorry, but do you know how much this costs? The free or cheap anti-cheats are not good at what they do. Every single anticheat on SpigotMC has a hack that will bypass it, and most of them have free clients that can bypass it. A (better) custom anticheat is what will rid hackers, but that's far too expensive for it to be worth it with how few people play KitPvP. To put this into perspective, a developer on another network that was tasked to make an anticheat charged $15/hr and worked 5+ hours a day, spending ~$75 a day, or ~$2250 a month on an anticheat (for months at a time until it reaches a usable level).
"It is hard for us players because litterally 2/3 of the players on Manacube KitPVP are hackers coming to just kill everyone"
Are you 100% sure that you're not just dying to someone on an alt that's better than you? Back when Tywone and I played, I'd get bodied by people who were just better than me; I felt like they were hacking but after fighting them a few times I realized that it was a mix between ping and the fact that they're just insane. As I said above, and as well as Tywone, report them. You have to do your job as a player too, staff members aren't here to serve you 24/7. Help make the community better instead of making threads like this.
"making us lose our kits that take 30 mins to get back (if you're a rank)"
There are free kits. I never used my VIP/VIP+ kits when I was on KitPvP. I was fighting people in VIP/MVP kits while in default armor and I would usually get the kill and split the gear with Tywone. This is a moot point. You don't need a donor kit to have fun. Think about the people who lose their gear to hackers who have P3 Dia.
"Not very fun."
Then do your job to make it a better place, don't complain about something you can easily fix or at least do your part to contribute. Almost every server has hackers, and Mana is no exception.

I always dislike people when they come up saying that they're going to quit a gamemode because of something they can help fix, when it sounds like they haven't done their part to try and fix it either. I'd understand it if you reported players and they weren't banned, but when I used to play KitPvP regularly, I never had that problem. When I reported a hacker to someone, they were banned within 8 hours and I'd either take a break and play another gamemode, go on another server for awhile, or just keep playing in non-donor kits to pass the time. Additionally, I think there are far fewer hackers than you're making it seem, because "2/3" of the community is a lot. There were 20 people online yesterday at one point, are you telling me that ~13 of them were hacking? Unlikely.
tl;dr - stop complaining and be proactive, make reports, and try to reduce the amount of hackers yourself.

Kindly,
Reece.

jkljoshh

Forum Expert
MVP+
jkljoshh
jkljoshh
MVP+
Ratings
192 43
I'm going to break this down bit by bit. I'm going to make your quoted parts in times new roman font just so people realize that it's not me speaking.

"Not to seem ignorant, or pushy,"
Your intent and how you sound are completely different. You might not want to come off as ignorant or pushy but that's literally how you're coming off. You should've, if you really didn't want to come off as such; re-read what you were typing before sending it and think on how people could interpret this. It just sounds like some salty kid complaining if I can be honest.
"I'm litterally just going to quit KitPvP"
Join the club. People have made posts like this and have said this for months. One angry post that's fairly ignorant isn't going to change anything. Actually coming up with logical ways to fix it and doing your part as a member of the server is how you can fix it.
"Staff actually go on and moderate/watch for hackers"
As both @Tywone and I have stated, it's also your job to do your part as a member of the network. Staff members cannot be around 24/7, and staff members are not global here. So, a staff member on Survival, for example Speediare, cannot go on KitPvP and ban someone for hacking. Even they need to request a ban (as far as I know - this may have changed).
"Better anticheat is added"
Sorry, but do you know how much this costs? The free or cheap anti-cheats are not good at what they do. Every single anticheat on SpigotMC has a hack that will bypass it, and most of them have free clients that can bypass it. A (better) custom anticheat is what will rid hackers, but that's far too expensive for it to be worth it with how few people play KitPvP. To put this into perspective, a developer on another network that was tasked to make an anticheat charged $15/hr and worked 5+ hours a day, spending ~$75 a day, or ~$2250 a month on an anticheat (for months at a time until it reaches a usable level).
"It is hard for us players because litterally 2/3 of the players on Manacube KitPVP are hackers coming to just kill everyone"
Are you 100% sure that you're not just dying to someone on an alt that's better than you? Back when Tywone and I played, I'd get bodied by people who were just better than me; I felt like they were hacking but after fighting them a few times I realized that it was a mix between ping and the fact that they're just insane. As I said above, and as well as Tywone, report them. You have to do your job as a player too, staff members aren't here to serve you 24/7. Help make the community better instead of making threads like this.
"making us lose our kits that take 30 mins to get back (if you're a rank)"
There are free kits. I never used my VIP/VIP+ kits when I was on KitPvP. I was fighting people in VIP/MVP kits while in default armor and I would usually get the kill and split the gear with Tywone. This is a moot point. You don't need a donor kit to have fun. Think about the people who lose their gear to hackers who have P3 Dia.
"Not very fun."
Then do your job to make it a better place, don't complain about something you can easily fix or at least do your part to contribute. Almost every server has hackers, and Mana is no exception.

I always dislike people when they come up saying that they're going to quit a gamemode because of something they can help fix, when it sounds like they haven't done their part to try and fix it either. I'd understand it if you reported players and they weren't banned, but when I used to play KitPvP regularly, I never had that problem. When I reported a hacker to someone, they were banned within 8 hours and I'd either take a break and play another gamemode, go on another server for awhile, or just keep playing in non-donor kits to pass the time. Additionally, I think there are far fewer hackers than you're making it seem, because "2/3" of the community is a lot. There were 20 people online yesterday at one point, are you telling me that ~13 of them were hacking? Unlikely.
tl;dr - stop complaining and be proactive, make reports, and try to reduce the amount of hackers yourself.

Kindly,
Reece.
lol k sorry jeez