Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
She has to work for it. She can't get Mod imediately, as she said in the discord, she's been helper for a week. After Helper, she will get ChatMod then Mod.

Lazarus

VIP+
Rubempre
Rubempre
VIP+
Ratings
43 2
You made a thread. One single line, a link to a strawpoll that offers a biased selection of three 'yes' answers. Not only is this a waste of space but it's absolutely unnecessary. If you wanted to compliment the concerned member, then do it in Discord or in the respective server. They're just a helper, not some celestial deity that lives off the nice messages people send them. Treat them as you'd treat others.

Aloro

Forum Master
ELITE
aloro
aloro
ELITE
Ratings
529 26
She has to work for it. She can't get Mod imediately, as she said in the discord, she's been helper for a week. After Helper, she will get ChatMod then Mod.
That is not true. You go from Helper to Mod. Chatmod is not inbetween. Staff get chatmod on servers they do not apply for.
An example being; I am Mod+ on parkour and Mod on creative.. As I applied there. I am Chatmod on Olympus, Survival, Islands and Skyblock as I did not apply for those servers.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
That is not true. You go from Helper to Mod. Chatmod is not inbetween. Staff get chatmod on servers they do not apply for.
An example being; I am Mod+ on parkour and Mod on creative.. As I applied there. I am Chatmod on Olympus, Survival, Islands and Skyblock as I did not apply for those servers.
oh ok thought it was helper to chatmod then mod. Well thanks for the info on that huge help for me and others.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
As I don't know the person, a "Neutral" answer on the poll would be much appreciated.

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
I hope you're aware of not only how biased this feels, how unfair it is that there is no actual way to give an opinion on the poll, but also the fact that Anxiety, as a staff member, is required to work, and working hard is the best way to do it. Your biased opinion on them is unfair towards other helpers on the team that work twice as hard and receive no recognition whatsoever. All of the staff team works hard to keep this server clean, moderated and fun to play and promoting a poll that requests a rank upgrade is unfair not only to the team itself but towards the player system, in the eyes of "S/he got mod in a week! If I want to be staff, how do I do that?!"
To be fair, not everything is about the rank. Actually, very little is about the rank. Helper, moderator, chat moderator, moderator plus or admins or managers- The only real difference is the admins and managers versus the helpers and moderators and what their job requires of them. They all have to moderate the chat and the community all the same, and while some have different reasonings, it's still the same goal. I hope Anxi gets their promotion as it is earned, and I hope the rest of the staff are under the same treatment. I'm happy that you appreciate one of the staff members this much, though!

AlfieJay

Parkour Mod+ | Survival Mod
Moderator+
AlfieJay
AlfieJay
Mod+
Ratings
341 10
Can we please knock it off with the whole "bias" thing? This poll is not determining her future, it's a complement to Anxi that has been ruined by people taking it WAY too seriously. If she gets promoted it will be a result of hard work, not because of a poll on the forums. So let's try and be nice in the comments please ;D

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
Can we please knock it off with the whole "bias" thing? This poll is not determining her future, it's a complement to Anxi that has been ruined by people taking it WAY too seriously. If she gets promoted it will be a result of hard work, not because of a poll on the forums. So let's try and be nice in the comments please ;D
I apologize then, but if it's a compliment, it should be more in the form of "i think anxi should get a promotion", rather than a poll.

Lazarus

VIP+
Rubempre
Rubempre
VIP+
Ratings
43 2
It's an entire thread dedicated to something that can be said at the press of a button in Discord or on the server. We never said it determined her future, or at least I didn't. It's not about taking it seriously it's about caring for the community's wellbeing and professionalism. Life isn't all about just being nice, remember, discipline and harsher words are also necessary; if we were to use an example, you cannot raise a kid with constant positivity. What if they were to witness crime, would they laugh it off? If they were to be insulted would they compliment the harasser?

Hm. Maybe it's best to leave this thread and talk no more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.