Anxi :(

Ratings
18 2
I was recently temp muted on survival for "starting fights not ending the conversation when i was told to". I didnt start a fight i meerly said to the public chat that i was "on the fence" believing this player who was stating in the chat that they had a daughter with the same name as mine that had passed away. I never ever said anything hateful about this woman and her child. I know I say stupid stuff but that would be stepping over the line for me. I dont understand what is wrong for being cautious about information that is presented to me in a childs game. Its the internet. I am cautious about all information I recieve because its very easy for people to lie. I was on the fence about this because the last thing I would do as a mother is talk about the loss of my child on a video game of all places with a lot of impressionable children that are going to believe that and give compliments. There was also this girl openly talking about suicide on a video game for children that was very personally triggering for me as i have dealt with mental health and could have been for other people. I would never in my life openly talk about my personalstruggleson a video game to strangers unless i was fishing for compliments so i made the assumtion and everyone turned on me. Im assuming she got upset because i made some jokes about her minecraft boyfriend which i was told to do by blooptydoo and oceanbirds (i have screenshots). i later apologised and i was making minecraftpuns not hurtful things. I promised anxi that i would stop being toxic and I really have and I have been trying but being muted for being cautious and speaking my opinion leads me to believe that theres something wrong with how the server is regulated. I was literally told to shut up because the whole server was against me. It didnt matter who was morally right or wrong it was a majority rules which is completly messed up. I definetly deserve to be unmuted. It is wrong on so many levels to mute a player because theyre speaking their opinion. Yet people can openly talk about death and suicide which not only is triggering for me and other people its highly innapropriete to be talking about on a childrens video game. There is really something wrong with the way the server works in terms of punishment and free speech and its disgusting.

Ratings
18 2
I feel like the server is so insecure about their reputation. If a ranked player isnt the "victim" they remove the other person from the situation because the ranked players put money into the server. It doesnt matter whos morally right or wrong. I feel like the server is self aware of what state it is in from what I have heard from players and mods but they dont do anything about it because they dont have the power to or because it makes them money. It doesnt matter if youre ranked MVP+ or you dont have a rank, if there is conflict everyone should be treated equally. In the 7 months I have been on this server I have witnessed several accounts of hate speech and bullying from ranked players but I have never ever seen one of them punished. Its always the new players or unranked players which is also really bad because youre driving new players away from the server. Look at what happened to TF2. Youve driving me away from the server.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Evidence is needed for punishing players. I can’t get on right now as I’m at school but if you @ mods on the discord server someone will look into the mute for you. The server is fine, we have a very steady player base with amazing and dedicated staff (talking about others not myself, that’s narcissistic haha) All conflicts should be and are treated equally and I’m sorry you feel that they aren’t. I’ve banned countless ranked players. If you see a ranked or literally anyone breaking the rules, please screenshot it and report to staff.
I’m sorry this has been your experience on Mana, but I guarantee you it does not depend on the rank of the player.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
If you wish to speak only to me about the issue, I’ll be home in 3 and a half hours.

Ratings
18 2
Evidence is needed for punishing players. I can’t get on right now as I’m at school but if you @ mods on the discord server someone will look into the mute for you. The server is fine, we have a very steady player base with amazing and dedicated staff (talking about others not myself, that’s narcissistic haha) All conflicts should be and are treated equally and I’m sorry you feel that they aren’t. I’ve banned countless ranked players. If you see a ranked or literally anyone breaking the rules, please screenshot it and report to staff.
I’m sorry this has been your experience on Mana, but I guarantee you it does not depend on the rank of the player.
Thank you Anxi. I appreciate you taking time out of school for helping me. <3

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Glad to see you ranting here instead of chat! Don't worry about the trolls and stuff in survival they're frequent Ella! They suck and are just trying to get a reaction out of you. Hope you're going okay!
- Raptor

Capporo

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Capporo
Capporo
ELITE
Ratings
108 6
Anxi is really a great person I personally believe that she is nothing than kind, sweet and helpful in any case she has the ability to solve!
Have a good day/night!

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Chiefella, I don't know you but I am truly sorry for the upsetting things you've seen. I respect your ability to publicly criticize something you disagree with. As a former member of staff, I have strong roots as moderator and player and if you ever want to talk things through, please feel free to contact me on Discord. I hope all goes well and a mute appeal/staff report goes well.

Cheers.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
i agree. the staff are useless at understanding basic human rights
I can guarantee you that a temporary mute does not violate any of your “human rights” - and before you go around claiming free-speech ... I’d just like to point out that we do have rules, and nowhere is it stated as part of the rules that you’re entitled to say whatever you want ... in fact, it definitely says the opposite.

Communities tend to have their own rules and terms of service ... which is exactly what we have - I assume you must have violated one or two of these, which is where your deeply rooted (and unnecessary) anger and comments are coming from - but if your punishment is over a day, you can appeal it.

I’d urge you not to be rude though, or it might just increase any current punishments you have, or make them harder to appeal!
Have a nice day/night!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I feel like the server is so insecure about their reputation. If a ranked player isnt the "victim" they remove the other person from the situation because the ranked players put money into the server. It doesnt matter whos morally right or wrong. I feel like the server is self aware of what state it is in from what I have heard from players and mods but they dont do anything about it because they dont have the power to or because it makes them money. It doesnt matter if youre ranked MVP+ or you dont have a rank, if there is conflict everyone should be treated equally. In the 7 months I have been on this server I have witnessed several accounts of hate speech and bullying from ranked players but I have never ever seen one of them punished. Its always the new players or unranked players which is also really bad because youre driving new players away from the server. Look at what happened to TF2. Youve driving me away from the server.
I have to disagree with this statement, I've had ranks for just over a year now- and I have been punished numerous times. But what you most likely witnessed was the staff unable to catch everything that happens, they can't know about something they don't witness themselves or something that isn't reported to them at all. And I'm not the only ranked player who's gone punished.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I always find it amusing when players who are about to be muted protest a violation of their right to free speech. Any chat service integrated with rules dictating what you can or can't say does not have free speech; this is plain and obvious. You're not free to say whatever hateful or offensive things you want when there are rules against it. There is no free speech on Manacube, or any other regulated chat.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I always find it amusing when players who are about to be muted protest a violation of their right to free speech. Any chat service integrated with rules dictating what you can or can't say does not have free speech; this is plain and obvious. You're not free to say whatever hateful or offensive things you want when there are rules against it. There is no free speech on Manacube, or any other regulated chat.
With that being said, end of discussion. If u wish to talk further, my DMs are open!

generalgila

Ratings
50 13
i seem to have touched a nerve with some of you people haha. i guess you are unfamiliar with hyperbole. that's alright, we'll just assume Poe's law in this situation because otherwise it just makes you seem super duper giga dumb. anyway, while i dont think that actual human rights codes were violated i do believe that the moderator/staff team on this server is particularly unsatisfying, if you say otherwise and are satisfied with the quality of these individuals and their work that is entirely acceptable. you just probably happen to be a very agreeable and nonthreatening person with no real opinions other than those that reflect the status quo. nothing to be ashamed of. but some people have something called: sentience :) anyway you people that keep claiming anecdotal evidence can continue to do so, though i am skeptical of your claims regardless. my experiences that ive spoken about, you might say, are also anecdotal in nature, but no, unfortunately there is plenty of proof about my many encounters with negligent moderators. and like i have said previously somewhere else, these situations are usually handled with but, again, unsatisfying: we are not given details into what happened to the staff member and we are not compensated for our time that they wasted. i can only assume that you people defending them are trying to become moderators? or are perhaps good friends with the moderators? i assume this because you all have ranks, anyone who does not possess a rank would know how obnoxious it is to deal with trigger happy staff members. those with ranks are usually on good terms with the staff members and have many close friends in the staff team. "oh but i have been punished many times generalmongtits :(" yes in these situations i am willing to bet that a. the staff member that punished you was not one that you were particularly familiar with or b. the other party involved was an even closer friend of the staff member or a more well received individual by the standards of the community. stop your self centered world view from corrupting your ability to think clearly and critically about the disturbing lack of professionalism within the staff team. its annoying and arrogant.

okay i go buy 3 new mansions today. good bye and enjoy your breakfast/lunch/dinner hihi its me generalmarbhseutasitnss :D

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Hi again General. As I've told you before, the forums isn't an ideal place to be slamming staff members. Report them if you feel they are doing a bad job.
As you seem to have very strong opinions about the staff team, I'm not going to try to change your opinion, but tell you to try to keep an open mind. It looks like you had a bad encounter, and I apologise for that, but you cannot make the assumption that because one staff member is bad, the entire staff team is also bad. I'm sorry our rules and our moderation has made you feel you need to make countless essays on how we suck. Maybe even just message us and politely discuss with us about how we can do better. Or have that discussion with an admin, or make a staff report as I've suggested you do before.
Thank you!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Yeah, Anxii is right... it's best to just message the person, instead of talking behind their back.
THAT isn't right, and... I'm going to be quite frank, I do have lots of opinions, and I can be quite threatening if I want to be. I care about this community a lot, as much as any of the other staff do. Keep in mind all these people are volunteers (except for admins) and we're all human so no one can be perfect.

Ratings
18 2
Ive had the exact same experience as general, Anxi. You dont know how annoying it is when staff members tell you to not talk about staff members on the forums and to report them instead. If we were to do that we would be reporting every single staff member, excluding a couple like you Anxi. I believe the staff members mean well deep down otherwise they wouldnt have applied for the role but what general and I are trying to do is change this ideology that ranked/staff members are above "free to plays". There is no denying it. Ive heard from many people that they feel the same way I do about how cliquey the server feels, Ive also experienced it myself. Take it as if survival is highschool and the ranked/staff members are the popular kids and everyone else are the nerdy kids. I really want this to try and change on the server because I love this server, I love the people on the server and I love you Anxi youre one of the best staff members Ive ever had to deal with on a server and you really should be promoted. Youre efficient, open minded and youre willing to take personal time out of school to help players. You dont determine players punishments on who they know or what rank they are and I appreciate that. Anyway, what Im trying to say is that the ideology people carry is a bad habbit and its personally bad for the server. Multiple people have come to me to discuss the same feelings I do and its drawing people away. Look at TF2 for example. The community is toxic when it comes to free to plays because they havent payed like $100 for an unusual and then players get made fun of because TF2 is a "dead game". Gee I wonder why. Instead of pointing fingers and trying to deny this could we please just try to work together to make the server feel more inviting and equal. No one is to blame here and it may have seemed I was pointing fingers at ranked/staff members but thats meerly because of my experience. I hope you understand what Im trying to say and that we can all come together to change this. <3