Anyone else think that the forums kind of suck?

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
Anyone? Or am I the only one? I mean the stats thing alone is fucked to be honest. I can't search my name "WoahBroNoHomo" nothing comes up, yet I can search my old name "FranksRedHot" and even then the actually stats are a million years off.

https://gyazo.com/bcd57dd914f213704da5212dd40d5cc2

The only thing right are the votes I think. But only 1 hour of playtime? I got to 60 or at least close to 60 hours with my old name before changing. And I got almost all of those hours, maybe like 1 on prison, on kitpvp. Yet no kitpvp stats show. Only parkour, creative and skyblock. Parkour I played for like 5 mins and stopped, creative I only have been on for a few minutes as well, never played skyblock, I played islands but I guess it counts as skyblock on the forums for some reason?
Also why is the website domain "forums.manacube.com" I mean to get to the actual forums it's "forums.manacube.com/forums" like, why? You can go to "manacube.com" but that just links to the home which is basically the same as the forums home/news section. Just with the recent threads on the left instead of the right. If you go to "manacube.com" then click on forums it still doesn't take you to the forums.Just the second home page basically.

https://gyazo.com/534d035790030bbe415bdfd1739d4a1c
https://gyazo.com/d213282321cc3fe690e5d2c6540bcc8b

Just why? It's so weird.
Also a problem I feel with the forums is it doesn't really seem active. Pretty much the same people going onto it. The only sections really active are General Discussion which isn't really all that active. At least not in the way of having new threads. Just people commenting on the same ones a lot. Unless you count those weird threads about random healthy stuff which I don't understand why they keep showing up. Staff apps are active but it's mostly just people creating a forums account for the first time to apply. And most of the time they don't even meet the word count. xRawrIsIlyInDino for example is less than 500 words. WITH THE QUESTIONS. Without the questions it doesn't even reach 400 words. Also, why are staff apps public? Now I don't have too much of a problem with that, other than it's something mostly done on really small servers trying to grow and in my opinion, mana is big enough to not be like that but whatever. But also Archived, aka denied, and Accepted apps, aren't public? WHY? But player reports aren't public?
Apps should be private and player reports, denied apps, and accepted apps should be public. What if someone is a "good pvper" but is actually hacking and someone reports and staff deny the report because that one staff member who made the decision couldn't tell. Wouldn't it be good to have more people help decide if someone is hacking or not? Not just a handful of people with only even fewer people can do the punishment.
Something that is a slight problem to me is when making a comment on a thread or making a new thread and I forget to deselect the "and receive email notifications" option. It's kind of a minor annoyance but still can be quite annoying depending on how active the thread is. Which isn't much anyway but eh.

In conclusion, I would want to see something done about some of these, the stats search thing, the homepage and the second home page (forums home/news section), obviously I doubt they can really do anything to get more players on the forums since most people just use discord anyway. So nothing that can really be done for the forums. I would like for the player reports and the staff apps to be public and private respectively. Probably someone will think or reply to this thread with "Well it doesn't matter for the reports to be public." Well, if it doesn't matter...then why make them private in the first place? Like I already said, it can probably be more beneficial to have many people help determine if someone is legit or not. Plus can probably get people punished way faster.

Well, that's it for now I guess.

Last edited:

OneOfTheStars

MVP+
Nihilxstic
Nihilxstic
MVP+
Ratings
Yeah I agree the stats could be updated and name change compatable. Maybe even add a fixed leader board for each server (sections on whos top on what).

As for the domain, I don't really see how that matters. You can still navigate through the website fine and the domain not being a certain thing should not affect you being able to do so. So I don't see it as an issue, there are many things on the website and sections that can't all be manacube.com alone. So to me the domain isn't much of a problem, it could be to you because it annoys you or something. Personally I don't mind as long as it works.

Applications are public so the community can have an opinion for who applies for staff, This was explained in application guides. If people know someone applying isn't who they say they are and act rude in game, the player can comment such on forums in a respectful mannar. This helps us avoid unfortunate situations. It can go vice versa someone is really good in game someone can comment about how they believe people would be a plausible candidate.

I don't know the real reasons for the following but heres what I think why:
Accepted/archived applications are definitely closed so people can't copy accepted applications and closed threads are still able to recieve ratings which can be annoying in notifications. Another reason is the official response is private between the applicant and staff. Its also helpful so people can focus on open applications.

For reports a player should be able to have some privacy to their report as it can cause issues between players defending/agreeing upon the reported player. Sometimes the reported player can see their report and try to delete clients (screenshares) or argue. Its is between staff and the player. More goes on behind the scene on banning players than you may think.

Anywho I think this was an in depht little thread you got here. I agree on some things and I hope I cleared a couple things up. Have a nice day! :D

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
As for the domain, I don't really see how that matters. You can still navigate through the website fine and the domain not being a certain thing should not affect you being able to do so. So I don't see it as an issue, there are many things on the website and sections that can't all be manacube.com alone. So to me the domain isn't much of a problem, it could be to you because it annoys you or something.
Considering how big Mana is I feel like they could have at least fixed not having 2 web pages be pretty much identical. Makes it seem sloppy in my opinion. Also it's weird if being on the home page and having to press forums twice.

Accepted/archived applications are definitely closed so people can't copy accepted applications and closed threads are still able to recieve ratings which can be annoying in notifications. Another reason is the official response is private between the applicant and staff. Its also helpful so people can focus on open applications.
1. If someone were to copy accepted threads, then they would be denied. On the staff app ----> "You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application" Lying is already an automatic rejection. Couldn't someone just take like 2 minutes out of their day to add "If you copy another application, then yours will be automatically denied." or something on the rules for applying.

2. They could find a way to prevent that. I don't believe it would be so hard to find a way to lock a thread so you can't even rate anything on it. If not, it's just a notification anyway I doubt it would really affect a normal person after getting like 10 or less random rates from something. Which I doubt would even happen much anyway.

3. The official response probably doesn't matter much anyway. If someone gets denied the response will say something about why they were denied. If anything this could be beneficial to other people who see it because they can see if they qualify or if they have the same reasons to be denied as that person.

4. Accepted official responses...what could be so important about them? "Congratulations on becoming a new staff member!" I don't know what your app said when you got accepted but I would imagine something like that. If it was something personal, which I doubt it would be, they could just PM you on the forums or on discord.

5. If a staff app was closed, it would be moved into either "Accepted" or "Archived" so then all the ones that are open can be still seen by people and any staff member still needing to go through apps.

For reports a player should be able to have some privacy to their report as it can cause issues between players defending/agreeing upon the reported player. Sometimes the reported player can see their report and try to delete clients (screenshares) or argue. Its is between staff and the player. More goes on behind the scene on banning players than you may think.
1. Which player? The one making the report or the one being reported. If the person is hacking why would that matter? If they aren't, so what? If they are legit, no harm done. It would be an honest mistake on the player reporting and the legit person wouldn't get punished because he wasn't hacking and the report will be archived or something. What privacy would be invaded from a report?

2. Chances are most reports will be easy to identify someone hacking. Hardly anyone I've seen hack was hard to tell, most are pretty obvious. And most people who come to hack on Mana don't even play for very long. They either quit or get banned by staff. Hardly anyone who's a donor or has dozens of hours on Mana hacks. And why would anyone argue? If they are innocent they won't be punished because, well they're innocent, if they're guilty, then they'll be banned whats the point?

3. If there really is more to banning someone than I think, then mana has a problem. It shouldn't be that hard to decide a punishment on someone. Or to determine if they're innocent. If you're referring to screen shares. Those are only really effective during in game. Not after the player has been logged off for 2 days.

Catmaster2000

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
117 5
Hello!
I see you are annoyed with how staff applications are closed to the public, may I ask why? In my opinion there's no issue with the applications being closed to the public after the final decision.
Also I don't see why player reports should be public? It's just someone reporting a player, no need for everyone to give their opinion or have the person being reported see themselves there.

I agree the forums should be revamped.

hoju

dopeium
dopeium
Ratings
We're getting the website revamp soon right? They'll probably be revamping a lot of things with it, so I say be patient till it comes out and then address its problems.

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
I see you are annoyed with how staff applications are closed to the public, may I ask why? In my opinion there's no issue with the applications being closed to the public after the final decision.
What's point of it being closed after the final decision? If they're accepted than it gets broadcast on the server and on the server's discord. If they're denied then it won't matter anyway.

Also I don't see why player reports should be public? It's just someone reporting a player, no need for everyone to give their opinion or have the person being reported see themselves there.
Sometimes staff would take a long ass time to determine if someone is legit or not. When I responded to Nihilxstic I pretty much explained this but whatever. So wouldn't it be good to have more people help to find out if the player is legit or not? And it would probably get staff to respond faster to reports. And what would be bad about someone being reported see themselves on the forums getting reported? Most hackers on kitpvp for example are just coming on for a little bit before leaving or being banned a little bit after. But sometimes it could take DAYS for someone to get banned. Even if they keep coming on daily for hours. So I hardly doubt they would come onto the forums. And if it was someone that was spamming or saying some other bad shit in chat. It's not like they can argue about it. Why would it be bad for someone to see themselves being reported?

Catmaster2000

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
117 5
Accepted applications are closed so they can surprise the server/staff team and so they can set up a training date before they are actually staff.
Rejected applications are closed so the applicant can see why the rejected and see what the need to work on in their application/in-game behavior.

I still don't see why we need those open?

Player reports are often taken care of quick. Players often show proof with the post so it's really easy to deal with.

Really no need for these to be open to the public ...

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
Accepted applications are closed so they can surprise the server/staff team and so they can set up a training date before they are actually staff.
Rejected applications are closed so the applicant can see why the rejected and see what the need to work on in their application/in-game behavior.
1.I still think it can be public. Maybe after they get on the staff team move it to accepted? Or maybe do the training period and accepting them while their application is in "reviewing". And then move their app into accepted.
2. Well why does it need to be private for them to read the rejection message? Why would it be bad for someone to read someone else's rejection?

Player reports are often taken care of quick. Players often show proof with the post so it's really easy to deal with.

Really no need for these to be open to the public ...
I have multiple reports on hackers in kitpvp (with video proof) and almost all of them took at least 3 days to be dealt with that is not very fast at all. The fastest one was done in the same day. However I messaged hotu (the one who commented on it) on discord about it. Before he got staff it took a little while for the reports to be taken care of. Or even get a reply with something like "your report has been passed to someone who can deal with it." or something. Why doesn't it need to be public?