Accepted Apocalypse - Medium (Resubmission)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Apocalypse
Medium
Built by Tasses
Parkour by Kubikit
40 jumps, 5 checkpoints
/plot v Tasses 4 (far left of the plot)

Resubmitting this map as a Medium with a less cluttered ground and clearer path for parkour. Because both the length and difficulty were too much for Easy, this should hopefully work as a slightly easier-than-average Medium.
2019-10-10_20.26.38.png
2019-10-10_20.26.28.png

P.S. In this map, there is a war going on. Bombs have been dropped, planes have crashed, and building have been destroyed. This is why the build is "messy". The building in the corner exploded. So did both trucks and the graveyard. I know it's a "messy build", but I think it's realistic and wouldn't be considered unrealistic. I'm aware it's an unusual style for parkour maps; I was trying things out.

P.P.S. Please wait at least a couple days before judging this. I really benefit from the feedback in the replies to this thread.

P.P.P.S. If there's a really minor thing wrong with my map, please don't reject or put the map into reviewing. I'm online every day, and all the map judges have my Discord. I'm happy to fix any issues.

LeiSkule

Dedicated Member
Mapper
LeiSkule
LeiSkule
Ratings
50 2
Apocalypse
Medium
Built by Tasses
Parkour by Kubikit
40 jumps, 5 checkpoints
/plot v Tasses 4 (far left of the plot)

Resubmitting this map as a Medium with a less cluttered ground and clearer path for parkour. Because both the length and difficulty were too much for Easy, this should hopefully work as a slightly easier-than-average Medium. View attachment 18655 View attachment 18656

P.S. In this map, there is a war going on. Bombs have been dropped, planes have crashed, and building have been destroyed. This is why the build is "messy". The building in the corner exploded. So did both trucks and the graveyard. I know it's a "messy build", but I think it's realistic and wouldn't be considered unrealistic. I'm aware it's an unusual style for parkour maps; I was trying things out.

P.P.S. Please wait at least a couple days before judging this. I really benefit from the feedback in the replies to this thread.

P.P.P.S. If there's a really minor thing wrong with my map, please don't reject or put the map into reviewing. I'm online every day, and all the map judges have my Discord. I'm happy to fix any issues.
i have a issue with YOUR FACE

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
+0.5. The Medium difficulty is definitely more suitable for this, although I still think this would've been fine as a difficult easy. I do agree with Smxthie's point about the build, though, it seems very chaotic, and although this does fit the whole "apocalypse" theme and I totally understand what you were going for, it also makes it hard to distinguish (at least for me) what each structure is. Nevertheless, it's still a rather nice map, so good luck!

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
+0.5. The Medium difficulty is definitely more suitable for this, although I still think this would've been fine as a difficult easy. I do agree with Smxthie's point about the build, though, it seems very chaotic, and although this does fit the whole "apocalypse" theme and I totally understand what you were going for, it also makes it hard to distinguish (at least for me) what each structure is. Nevertheless, it's still a rather nice map, so good luck!
Great attention to detail with the build! Parkour could go as a medium, and I love how you used the slime blocks to create interesting transfers between sections. Fits the theme, and the signs defenitly helped me, because without them, no way I could have actually seen where to go. +0.75 from me!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Tasses and Kubikit,

I am happy to inform you that your map is being accepted!
The theme is original, as we don't have any maps relating to an apocalypse, so good job on that!
The build; yes, it is quite
messy, but considering the theme, it is quite good and accurate. I can tell that a lot of effort went into this map, especially when it came to figuring out which blocks would go where in this apocalyptic scenario.
The parkour is
fun to play and it is well-varied. It fits the difficulty quite nicely! I didn't find any exploits while testing, so good job on that as well!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.