Reviewing AxerionTheDoom - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by AxerionTheDoom, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AxerionTheDoom

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Your Minecraft username
    AxerionTheDoom

What server are you applying for
    Survival

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Joseph

Country or Timezone
    Eastern Time Zone

Discord username AxerionTheDoom#9234

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
    I really only want to become a helper, I don't believe it would be fair for me to become a Mod given the amount of money I invest and the fact I don't know if it will remove my ability to build freely. I know the Survival server needs help with admins not exactly right now with summer vacation but when school begins again for Mods. They will need someone who can be around periodically to check up on the server. Especially more so someone who can keep an eye on all the hateful people that join in. Given the times I come on are random, no one will really know when i'll be around so they wouldn't know when a safe time is for them.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    Since SS3, I believe it has been a few months

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    I can use all of my free time but the advantage that I have, is that I can stop at anytime during my trip to deal with matters at hand. So should an emergency arise where a mod is needed in that moment; I can stop for a brief period to deal with the situation. This would allow me to deal with any problems over the course of 16 hours or so a day. During my 34 hour break, I can use more continuous time since I wouldn't be as time constricted.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    Well I tend to take a unbias approach to problems. Since I am more of a thinker I believe that I may have a fair way of dealing with situations without the use of any perms. I am a good problem solver too and can think of solution to most problems I encounter. I have worked in servers before and I have managed people in multiple games as a leader. I will add on that I am pretty insightful and can usually observe what is going on at a current situation.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    Given the many games i've played and all the various people i've dealt, I have practically seen everything before. I also have worked as builders, beta testers, and admins before. Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy as a builder (level designer) and Admin
    Rift as a Beta Tester and was able to figure out many exploits and problems. One I tried to address to them and they ignored which caused their Beta servers to crash all the way to the end of their Beta test...
    World of Warcraft Emulator.. I was helping a friend with the construction and also helped them in their MySQL servers to do everything they needed to do

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    The three attributes that I believe would best describe me are: Honest, Patience, and my Logic. I always am honest since that is how I was raised. I believe that honesty is the best policy. I am a very patient person, to the point where it has annoyed and amazed some people. I believe patience helps you determine the best course of action in a given situation. People who rush, may not make the best decision. Last, but not least, I am very logical. I mean, don't think that I don't have empathy either. But I believe that if you tend to get emotional about something or towards someone. It may impact your decisions in dealing with them, which cause also cause more problems.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    To help keep the peace and uphold the rules in the server to help keep it fun for everyone. So in a sense you could pretty much say they are the peacekeepers of the server. But the role of a staff member can also be to learn and teach so they can always strive to make the server a better place for everyone. Since we all know a dynamic environment is the only way to keep people interested.

Are you able to use recording software?
    I do have the capability of recording videos and capturing my voice yes

Anything else we should know?
    As I mentioned before I only wish to be a helper. I wouldn't want people seeing me putting so much money as the reason I would get this position. So if I get the position, I got it because I can help. I don't know entirely what perms helper alone has, but I believe that if I can do anything to help keep the server positive then I will.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. SleepyDiva

SleepyDiva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 9
    Hi there,
    First of all, you have met the majority of the requirements, which is great as most players who apply for staff do not, but you are missing a few so I will leave a link here for you to read over them: https://forums.manacube.com/threads/new-application-info-requirements-need-to-know.10605/
    Although I have not seen you in game (as I do not play survival), in my opinion, you seem very mature and approachable. I can see you understand the importance of this role as you have put a lot of detail and effort into this application. I think you would make a great staff member, but I recommend you add a bit more detail to some answers e.g “How many hours can you dedicate to manacube” and “What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper”.
    Nevertheless this is a pretty good application, I’m going to give you a +1
    Good luck! :)

3. AxerionTheDoom

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yea I probably missed the 500 word/700 word mark.. completely forgot about that but yea pretty much my free time from work i'm always on the game and even while i'm working I get time to get on the game. As being a truck driver allows me to get on during the times i'm getting loaded/unloaded or while i'm doing a 30 minute break. As for the three words I could have gone into more detail. I doubt what I write here will get counted but for the sake of those reviewing I will go into detail just so they understand why. I said Patience, Honesty, and Logical Thinker. I am annoyingly patient to a lot of things. Especially when it comes to building because I tend to stick to a method and if I know it will work then I will stick it all the way to the end. I always keep the "Honesty is the best Policy." I pretty much was raised with morals and Honesty is one of them. I am not afraid to tell it how it is or admit to any mistakes. But I will withhold the truth if it escalates the situation since I am not a big fan of drama. Logical thinking comes into play there since I have a good read on the situation and I know usually what is best for that situation in order to reach a resolution. Comes from dealing with people online for practically all of my life and I do believe this could be an asset. I wasn't sure if I could fit this into the text boxes but i'm guessing there isn't a limit to the text box. Haha but i'll answer any questions and such..

• Like Like x 1
  4. HonigBiene

HonigBiene Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 3
    Uhm... He have met all requirements? He just have 4 posts
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 3, 2018 ---
    Hey, I like ur application, you have put much effort in it and you seems like a friendly dude :D
    But you dont have met all requirements, you just have 4 forum posts, you need 20.
    So I would give you a +0 and wishing you good luck :D

5. PancakezRule5

VIP+

Ratings:
    +157 / 24
    Hey Joseph!

Your application looks great, other then missing the word requirement. But as playing in a community with you, I have seen you start and own a party that you help people in it, and around it. Because of just a few requirements missing, I am going to give you a +0, Good Luck tho!

-Kyle

• Like Like x 1
  6. AxerionTheDoom

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I don't see them having the 20 post min on the app requirements o.o rip

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. SleepyDiva

Ratings:
    +105 / 9
    The requirement for applying for staff is 20 posts, not 4. Or am i thinking of the old requirement list?

8. HonigBiene

HonigBiene Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 3
    ??????????????????? wtf xD
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 4, 2018 ---
    I never said that he need 4 i said he need 20

9. SleepyDiva

Ratings:
    +105 / 9
    You said, “Uhm... He have met all requirements? He just have 4 posts”

10. HonigBiene

HonigBiene Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 3
    Yea? That was a question, but i can explain you why I asked xD. i thought u wrote You have met all requirements so i was just confused, dont mind me sorry xD, and sorry for that disagree :/

11. SleepyDiva

Ratings:
    +105 / 9
    Look, I’m not having a discussion on a staff application, but I’m just as confused as you to be honest. :p

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  12. HonigBiene

HonigBiene Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 3
    But can u atleast undo the rating xd? Did the same on you :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 4, 2018 ---
    But can you atleast undo the rating xd? Did the same on your post :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. sweetener

sweetener Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 14
    +1 gl

14. AxerionTheDoom

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well I am sure to get 20 by the time this is over lol, but I didn't see it on the requirement list.. or i'm blind as crap but it says:

he following items are the guidelines used to determine whether you will become a helper or not.
    • The required amount of time in-game is 50 hours total (we can tell when a user was AFK).
    • You must have never been permanently banned/muted
    • Your application must also be at least 500 words (700 if you include application questions)
    • You must have Discord for staff communication.
    • You must be 13 or older to apply.
    • You must have a Google Account (G-Mail)
    • You must have an excellent understanding of the rules and punishment guidelines found here
    Tip: try not to just meet these requirements but instead exceed them to stand out.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 6, 2018 ---
    Maybe it was an old requirement or maybe it's a requirement to go beyond a helper so dunno... or it's a hidden requirement O.O

15. mhms

mhms Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    http://prntscr.com/jrxn7c

Maybe explain your attributes a little bit. +0 Good luck.

16. HonigBiene

HonigBiene Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 3
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 7, 2018 ---
    • You must be at least 13 years old
    • 50 hours played on the network (We can detect AFK hours)
    • Never been permanently banned or muted on the network
    • You must have Discord.
    • Have at least 20 forum posts
    • You must have a Google Account
    • Application must be at least 500 words (700 if you include application questions)
    • You must have an excellent understanding of the rules and punishment guidelines found here

17. KiteBetter

KiteBetter Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 16
    +1 I believe you would be great as a staff member!

18. AxerionTheDoom

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Aye the requirements Dacon posted on 2014 had the 20 forum posts but the new requirements that Dynsalir posted in 2016 doesn't require the 20 anymore so I don't think that is a requirement anymore. But like I said, i'm most likely gonna end up getting 20 by the time this is over haha

19. ChaosityZogg

ChaosityZogg Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    When your on your always friendly, helpful and have been extremely generous to many +1 good luck

20. SunsetMagic

SunsetMagic Network Manager
    Manager MVP+ VIP+ VIP Helper Management QA Team

Ratings:
    +685 / 21
    SunsetMagic
    Just a note, you are allowed to edit your application once it has been posted. So if you wish to add in your extra paragraph, you may.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.