#BanAlts

Would you like to see ALT accounts banned from Olympus?

• Yes

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 79.4%

• Total voters

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I‘d imagine far too many people would be unhappy if alt’s were banned. I think disallowing people to claim extra plots with them, and having an alt limit is reasonable enough.

While Season 2 is an attempt to encourage mining as the main income source, we do still want players to be able to use the secondary sources of generating a steady income; like farms & mob grinders for example.

Also while obviously the recent “AFK kick” has caused a lot of problems, you are allowed to use auto-rejoin scripts/programs, and are still definitely allowed to use console clients. And I’m fairly certain these rules will never not change.

It’s great hearing players’ opinions and you’re more than welcome to express your thoughts, especially here on the forums, I’m just curious as to why you think alt’s should be banned altogether? (Also to make suggestions, I’d recommend doing it here on Feature Upvote).

Last edited:

Jordy

VIP
_Jordyy
_Jordyy
VIP
Ratings
I think alts should be banned since it just makes the original ban pointless because they can still play on the server freely without really taking a punishment. Bans are supposed to act as deterrents as well as punishments and if alts aren't banned it doesn't really discourage people from committing bannable offences since they only get banned on that account and not the rest.

When I was Guard/Mod on another server, we couldn't ban alts unless they admitted to being another banned player. So if we didn't have any clear proof of them saying it, we couldn't do anything about it and just had to let them play.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I think alts should be banned since it just makes the original ban pointless because they can still play on the server freely without really taking a punishment. Bans are supposed to act as deterrents as well as punishments and if alts aren't banned it doesn't really discourage people from committing bannable offences since they only get banned on that account and not the rest.
If a player is banned then comes on with an alt the alt account gets banned too. If we suspect a player is using an alt to bypass a punishment, we speak to higher staff and find out if it is in fact an alt or not, and then we ban/mute for the same length as the original ban/mute.

We do not want to IP ban every single player for minor offences, but if they continue to evade then we do in fact IP ban.

If you suspect a player is bypassing a punishment on an alt account, report it to a member of staff via the forums under “Report a Player” or DM us directly, so we can check it out!

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6

When I was Guard/Mod on another server, we couldn't ban alts unless they admitted to being another banned player. So if we didn't have any clear proof of them saying it, we couldn't do anything about it and just had to let them play.
Hoi Jordy
Thanks for contributing with information to the thread, I appreciate it!

I don’t think alts should be banned without a proper reason, first of all, because we don’t ban/mute/warn without having a reason, second of all, as Hallow said above, having alts is allowed, and we do have a limit for alts, but it is allowed.

I get your point, and as Hallow said above, we do ban accounts that we suspect they are evading, anyways, we do sometimes nor get it in time, and we apologize for it, and we do our best.

¡Hope you have a good day and found this information useful!

Jordy

VIP
_Jordyy
_Jordyy
VIP
Ratings
"Would you like to see ALT accounts banned from Olympus?"

The title of the thread/poll makes it sound like alt accounts aren't banned when ban/punishment evading etc *facepalm*
I've just always been used to the term "Alt Account" being someone who is banned and then other accounts which are just being used as "Alts" and got cofuzzled -.-

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78

The title of the thread/poll makes it sound like alt accounts aren't banned when ban/punishment evading etc *facepalm*
I assumed they meant for AFK purposes, hence my original response. I didn’t even consider this haha, but we do definitely enforce punishments when they are being evaded. <3

FadingGeneral

MVP+
FadingGeneral
FadingGeneral
MVP+
Ratings
An alternate account ban sounds interesting. However, it seems a bit too harsh; I think it would be better if more than one connection from the same IP would not be allowed, essentially making people unable to use their alts for additional afking. That way if they wanted to maybe play on another account for a while (ex. starting over their Olympus journey, possibly with a new challenge to make it interesting for them), they would still be able to. However, I'm not sure if it would block people who live in the same house from playing at the same time.

To add, if blocking multiple connections from the same IP is possible and considered, reversing the afk timer decision made recently would likely make up for it in my opinion.

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
Personally, for myself, I need an alt. I only use one as that serves as my account that I can do the stuff without needing to be a moderator. I believe excessive amounts are too much but having 3 or 4 alts are fine.

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6

I've just always been used to the term "Alt Account" being someone who is banned and then other accounts which are just being used as "Alts" and got cofuzzled -.-
Oh!
If you thought alt was a second account so if your main gets banned you get in that one, it’s not like that.

To be clearer, ALT (from what I know) in Minecraft, means alternative account, to be used maybe as a secondary account or do more than one job at a time.

We have rules that say that we do not allow to use ALTs if you are banned, as it is considered evading.
If you find someone doing so, do not doubt and report it to staff in-game (/report or /helpop) or in the forums, here.

¡Hope you have a good day and found this information useful!