Rejected BiomeLabyrinth | Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
4 1
Username: Deeeeeep
Map name: BiomeLabyrinth
Theme: Biome + Labyrinth (obviously)
(Note: A labyrinth does not equal a maze. A labyrinth refers to a series of complex paths, which is different from a maze in the sense that the routes are more complicated and less branched)

This map is built by me and tested by rmc22.

Plot id: -46;-41 or /plot v Deeeeeep (Walk to the right)
Difficulty: Expert
Number of checkpoints: 5
Number of jumps: ~120

Photos:
Entrance:

(Note: the entrance jump cannot be tested on creative because it will send you flying)
Side view 1:

Side view 2:

This map is a labyrinth of 9 cubic rooms of different biomes and/or structures:

Ravine / Underground
Extreme Hills / Cold Taiga
Ice Plains Spikes
(Deep) Ocean
Mushroom Island (Shore)
Desert (Temple)
Nether (Fortress)
The End
Forest / River

The biomes are of varying difficulty and style. Even though it is a bit long for an expert, I believe the number of checkpoints (some floors also act as natural checkpoints) makes it fit for the difficulty.

Last edited:

peachay

Dedicated Member
Ratings
105 9
Hi there,
First of all, there are huge amount of "biome" themed maps, concluding this, your theme is very unoriginal. Furthermore, although I do like the interior of the cubes, I believe the exterior looks unattractive, as 9 glass cube boxes isn't the prettiest thing to look at. I recommend changing the layout of your biomes, this might require some work, but it'll probably be worth it, for example you could get rid of the glass boxes, and have the biomes leading out and in from one another, and have parkour to separate them. Although I have not tested the parkour, from the photos you have provided I can see a variety of jumps, (fences, ladders, solid blocks) but there's no harm in adding a bit more of a variety. 0

Good luck,
Allie

~Jesus

MVP+
_3G_
_3G_
MVP+
Ratings
96 11
In contrary to what SleepyDiva said, I like the style of the build and although, yes, there are many biome builds, this does stand out in its execution. It would be better to add some more biomes to it though, but other than that I think it would be a nice addition.

Oh and also, you could try to spice-up the containers of the parkour by changing their shapes.

Ratings
4 1
Thanks for the feedback.

Adding more biomes would be tough geometrically. It is hard to add just a few cubes but still fit them in tidy ways.

The glass cubes are also part of the theme, beside biomes. So their general shapes won't be changed, or my map will just look like the other biome maps. However, I do think I can make the tallest spike of ice plain spike biome stick out of the cube (it is cut due to the height of the cube) and make the "translation tubes" look better for actual biome translation. I believe other changes would remove the original ideas of this map.

~Jesus

MVP+
_3G_
_3G_
MVP+
Ratings
96 11
I think it would make it better to extend the cube. Maybe make it a 3x3x3 cube and have the player start in the center. I understand you don't want to change it much, but the feedback is only to help increase your chances of getting your map accepted.

Ratings
4 1
I think it would make it better to extend the cube. Maybe make it a 3x3x3 cube and have the player start in the center. I understand you don't want to change it much, but the feedback is only to help increase your chances of getting your map accepted.
If you go into the map you will understand why I build my map that way. My central cube (Ravine/Underground) is connected to one of the other 8 cubes throught the intersecting corner. So it is hard to move the cubes in that way. ;)

Last edited:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
no the theme is unoriginal and i just dont like the idea of the biomes in cubes and it just doesnt look attractive and the parkour fits easy difficulty.

~Jesus

MVP+
_3G_
_3G_
MVP+
Ratings
96 11
If you go into the map you will understand why I build my map that way. My central cube (Ravine/Underground) is connected to one of the other 8 cubes throught the intersecting corner. So it is hard to move the cubes in that way. ;)
I understand, but seeing that you seem to be opposed to accepting any feedback i'm going to have to give you a -1

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
Map Review:
Theme (Originality) : -1 I really think the fact that this is a biome parkour took away from the actual concept of the map.
Build: (Appealing, fits theme) : +0 I think it looks bad but the actual concept is something very original, so if you possibly changed the shapes, changed the theme and did some other stuff I would really like this.
Parkour (Variation) : +1 The parkour was great to do, lots of variating jumps and blocks.
Overall: -0.5
Good luck c:
-Bun

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Deeeeeep,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is clearly not good, there is already a lot of "Biomes" parkour, making your map unoriginal. The build is not really good too, it's not really attractive from the outside. The parkour is also a weak point, it's pretty repetitive, and pretty long for an expert.
However, the parkour is varied.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.