Buff alternative spawners?

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee

VIP
heeeeeeeeeeeeee
heeeeeeeeeeeeee
VIP
Ratings
So, I understand pork was briefly nerfed in an attempt to bring down it's dominance as the only type of grinder used. I'm sure it's been suggested, but why not simply buff the other spawners to be more in line with piggies. It's quite obvious that both cow and sheep spawners don't give nearly as much yield for the same value. Is there a good reason not to do this?

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I can see your point, however this is just my opinion on the spawner situation;

Pigs are the cheapest, easiest to farm and rack up a lot of income per double chest. Technically cow spawners would give you more money per chest, considering the price of beef AND leather. Similarly for sheep, they have mutton AND wool. Lastly, chickens while being relatively difficult to farm automatically, they have chicken AND feathers.

My point being, if the prices of the drops for the other mobs were buffed, it’d just be way too OP. Currently at the moment, it’s way too OP with pig spawners, but that’s just my own opinion as traditionally mining should be the main income on prison servers, and it’s just how I personally prefer to play. However, I’m not totally against mob grinders. For the other spawners however, taken into account that they have multiple drops, they already make significantly more than pig spawners, buffing it would only make it more drastic. Reason people prefer pig grinders is because they’re easier to farm, easy to make, cheap(er) to buy, and the income they bring in is something like $1.3mil per double chest.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee

VIP
heeeeeeeeeeeeee
heeeeeeeeeeeeee
VIP
Ratings
I can see your point, however this is just my opinion on the spawner situation;

Pigs are the cheapest, easiest to farm and rack up a lot of income per double chest. Technically cow spawners would give you more money per chest, considering the price of beef AND leather. Similarly for sheep, they have mutton AND wool. Lastly, chickens while being relatively difficult to farm automatically, they have chicken AND feathers.

My point being, if the prices of the drops for the other mobs were buffed, it’d just be way too OP. Currently at the moment, it’s way too OP with pig spawners, but that’s just my own opinion as traditionally mining should be the main income on prison servers, and it’s just how I personally prefer to play. However, I’m not totally against mob grinders. For the other spawners however, taken into account that they have multiple drops, they already make significantly more than pig spawners, buffing it would only make it more drastic. Reason people prefer pig grinders is because they’re easier to farm, easy to make, cheap(er) to buy, and the income they bring in is something like $1.3mil per double chest.
I could definitely support a boost to mining income perhaps a sell multiplier that scales with your mining level?

However, just doing the maths a cow spawner (for the price from /shop) does not make the same returns as a pig spawner. (Hence no one uses it). The price could just be brought down a bit on /shop and it would become a more viable alternative to pigs.