Rejected Calculator-Expert (probably my best map yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microgear

Dedicated Member
VIP
microgear
microgear
VIP
Ratings
14 2
I know i say every map is my best map but this map probably is my best i put so much work into this map and i hope u enjoy

-Calculator
-/plot v microgear 2
-84 jumps 1 of 85 im so sry
-4 checkpoints i think
-expert

Attachments

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
Jesus, this gave me a mini heart attack, for a moment I thought you had copied something from my plot. Thankfully not. I’ll check this out when I get home later

piebrian5

Ratings
One major problem with this is the build. It’s alright, it resembles a calculator one thing you could do would be to maybe add a border around the edges. But a calculator is a very hard thing to build and make it look good as it is a very 2D, blocky thing and you can’t get much shape to it making is something that will be very hard to get to a level that it could be accepted at. Good luck!

Microgear

Dedicated Member
VIP
microgear
microgear
VIP
Ratings
14 2
One major problem with this is the build. It’s alright, it resembles a calculator one thing you could do would be to maybe add a border around the edges. But a calculator is a very hard thing to build and make it look good as it is a very 2D, blocky thing and you can’t get much shape to it making is something that will be very hard to get to a level that it could be accepted at. Good luck!
yep i agree with u so r u saying that i should add a border to it ? if so im doing that right now ty for the feedback

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10
In my opinion this is very similar to some of the phone maps already existing on the server, But I do give it a +1, it’s some of your best work :) Decent Build, Good Parkour it’s varied and fun! Good job

Good Luck!!
Cam

Microgear

Dedicated Member
VIP
microgear
microgear
VIP
Ratings
14 2
In my opinion this is very similar to some of the phone maps already existing on the server, But I do give it a +1, it’s some of your best work :) Decent Build, Good Parkour it’s varied and fun! Good job

Good Luck!!
Cam

Ayyy ty so much

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
It kind of sucks for me that you made a calculator map, I've been working on one that features a calculator for awhile now :( Anyway, the parkour in this map is great, it fits the difficulty well and has plenty of variation. The only thing here that would prevent this from being accepted would be the build itself
. 2019-11-12_15.38.23.png
It seems too flat and could be considered a pixel art. If you were to add more detail to this to make it look less like a box, I don't see why this wouldn't be accepted

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
so i will give you a -0.5 :c

Theme: there are phone maps which could be considered similar to this one, but no calculator maps 0
Build:
I really don't think this is your best build at all, it's flat and needs depth as said above, and the buttons could use some detail with stairs and slabs. -1
Parkour:
you need 1-2 more checkpoints, your variation is okay but nothing special, and the parkour looks really easy for an expert. -0.5

contradicting every other review on this post, i don't believe you could save this map due to the theme (not because it's unoriginal, but because it gives extremely limited build options). that being said, good luck c:

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello microgear,

Unfortunately I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is original, but the build isn't great. It does feel quite 2d and blocky. I would suggest trying to add a bit more shape and definition to the build.
The parkour is quite repetitive. You did use a few different jumps, but a lot of the jumps consisted of brewing stands, ladders and fences. Please try to use a larger variety of blocks and items in your jumps, it will make your map overall more enjoyable to complete.
The length is good for an expert map, and the difficulty suits a hard map, with some expert jumps.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.