Can't we all agree that politics should be left out of the game?

Jacon

Forum Master
Ratings
463 119
Ok so I was playing this morning and when I got on factions people were talking about President Trump and politics, like its a Minecraft game. There's already enough politics on all the other social media we should not allow it to spread to this server.

I suggest that the mods add a rule to prohibit the talk of politics, for this reason, politics creates division and has an aurora of hate.
I get it, politics is fun, I study it. But not for a Minecraft server because there are a bunch of young teens who don't have a clue about politics and ignorance is bliss.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I think politics should be allowed as long as the discussion is calm and civil (and hopefully informative). Mods definitely keep a close eye on all political chats that start up, and are always ready to mute if it goes too far or gets personal.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
idc really. im a kid

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Ok so I was playing this morning and when I got on factions people were talking about President Trump and politics, like its a Minecraft game. There's already enough politics on all the other social media we should not allow it to spread to this server.

I suggest that the mods add a rule to prohibit the talk of politics, for this reason, politics creates division and has an aurora of hate.
I get it, politics is fun, I study it. But not for a Minecraft server because there are a bunch of young teens who don't have a clue about politics and ignorance is bliss.
"Flame Wars
Intentionally bringing up sensitive topics to start arguments, make people emotional or harass other players is not allowed. If players make personal attacks on others rather than discussing the topic at hand, they are in a Flame War and risk punishment."
This is posted in the general rules section so I'd assume discussion of politics should fall under it

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
"Flame Wars
Intentionally bringing up sensitive topics to start arguments, make people emotional or harass other players is not allowed. If players make personal attacks on others rather than discussing the topic at hand, they are in a Flame War and risk punishment."
This is posted in the general rules section so I'd assume discussion of politics should fall under it
Political discussions can be had without intentionally harassing others or arguing with them. Therefore, discussing politics is allowed, but the discussions must be kept civil. The moment that players start throwing insults, demeaning each other, etc, it transforms from a civil discussion into a flame war.

lybby

Dedicated Member
ELITE
lybby
lybby
ELITE
Ratings
109 1
i think political discussions should be allowed to happen, however, you shouldn't get violent about it. i think they should still be allowed and staff shouldn't intervene unless insults and threats start getting thrown around!