Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodin11

ELITE
rubier
rubier
ELITE
Ratings
Recently there was a situation on the server of Survival. A player unnamed said the C word, which is not allowed, so a moderator warned them and so it went on to the n word. I Find out the n word with the ending as the letter a is allowed. For example n***a but the word n****r ending in the letter of r is not allowed. This got me thinking. Why is the C word not allowed as well as the N word ending in r as well why is the word N***a allowed? Isn't this still a racist remark? Shouldn't people not be allowed to say it in general? Should the rules be changed that it can not be allowed? I am trying to get this word banned from survival chat so help me out, or leave your opinion.

Josh/P2

Survival Mod
IP2I
IP2I
Mod
Ratings
284 21
In my opinion the word 'Nigga' is not racist, depending on what context you put it in, if you were making fun of someone while using the word then maybe but if just using it in a sentence then I think it is fine. I would like to see further comments and opinions on this topic and I'm glad you brought this up. <3

Dyss

MVP+
Dyss
Dyss
MVP+
Ratings
33 1
First and foremost, The word n-ER or n-ga is not allowed to be directed at another group, ethnic group, or player/group of players in a disrespectful or racist manner, so regardless you need to make sure the word is used in a context that is not racist, in order for you to be using the word fairly, according to the server rules. So your argument that the word is racist or insulting, is invalid because there are restrictions in place for the way you are allowed to use the word, in the ingame chat. the "C-word" you mentioned was directly used to insult another player, which is why they were warned for using it.

Ratings
To avoid stuff like this happening again i think the rules should be altered and a filter system should be added. The less conflict we have on the server the better

Ratings
10 1
First and foremost, The word n-ER or n-ga is not allowed to be directed at another group, ethnic group, or player/group of players in a disrespectful or racist manner, so regardless you need to make sure the word is used in a context that is not racist, in order for you to be using the word fairly, according to the server rules. So your argument that the word is racist or insulting, is invalid because there are restrictions in place for the way you are allowed to use the word, in the ingame chat. the "C-word" you mentioned was directly used to insult another player, which is why they were warned for using it.
Even if it is not aimed at a ethnic it is still a racial slur, no one should be able to say it, and they are allowed to stay it, which we do not want to happen, it is just as bad as n-er.

Ratings
Nigga is just one of several versions of the ****** word.

Nigga, Niggas, Niggaz are just some of them and in all of the war games that I have played they are banned.
I complained after I was called Nigga and was told it is allowed which is damn bloody annoying.
I have worked as a moderator on war games which is more adult than MC yet many words banned on them are allowed on here.

Why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoodin11

ELITE
rubier
rubier
ELITE
Ratings
What other ways would you be using the N word?

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
What other ways would you be using the N word?
If you are a person of color, it is said that saying the n word is more "acceptable" and so it's sometimes used in common speech without a second thought. I mean all respect here, this is just what I've seen.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
i'm white and i get called the n word all the time at school and its so annoying. just remove it because i don't like seeing it in chats as of it feeling racist to me.

Dyss

MVP+
Dyss
Dyss
MVP+
Ratings
33 1
Why would you find it okay to say a racial slur in any form of speech, you can clearly do well without the n-word, so why include it?
Why use a racial slur when you can just not do it?
for nonracist, nondisrespectful, comical purposes

Dyss

MVP+
Dyss
Dyss
MVP+
Ratings
33 1
i'm white and i get called the n word all the time at school and its so annoying. just remove it because i don't like seeing it in chats as of it feeling racist to me.
Can we just take a second to look at this white guy saying that seeing the word nigga in chat makes him feel racially oppressed

Ratings
10 1
for nonracist, nondisrespectful, comical purposes
It is a racist word, POC do not want to be jokingly called the n-word, no one wants to jokingly hear a racial slur to be used by someone, who is a race that has not had that specific word, used to shove them down. The N-Word is a slur, in the same way f**got is a slur toward people who are in the LGBT community, they all have been used to make that minority feel small, fell like they are lesser than someone else. Context does not matter. A racist word, will always be racist.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
It is a racist word, POC do not want to be jokingly called the n-word, no one wants to jokingly hear a racial slur to be used by someone, who is a race that has not had that specific word, used to shove them down. The N-Word is a slur, in the same way f**got is a slur toward people who are in the LGBT community, they all have been used to make that minority feel small, fell like they are lesser than someone else. Context does not matter. A racist word, will always be racist.
I respect that you feel that way but I know many african-nova Scotian people who call themselves, family members, and classmates the n-word all the time. They are my friends and I don't mind. They find it funny and the way they use the word is funny to me, too. It's not racist in the context they're giving. Again, I understand feeling strongly about it because the n word is so often used for racism, but not always. You don't speak for all people of colour. I'm not trying to start an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.