• Checkerboard Race
  • Photos of your Parkour
    • 2019-08-28_15.42.23 copy.png
      2019-08-28_15.43.25.png
      2019-08-28_15.43.36.png
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it
    • ID- 70; 26
    • Quad333
  • Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane)
    • Medium
  • Number of jumps (Optional)
I hope my map is considered for submission! Thank you for taking the time to judge it :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Quad333,

I'm going to give your map a "0" for the following reasons: The theme is not original, as there is a checker themed map called "Checker", but, they differ quite a lot in appearance. The build is okay and simple. The parkour length and difficulty were spot on for the medium difficulty. My only issue is that there's a substantial amount of jumps that are floating and the jump variation isn't that great, to be honest. Overall, I believe this is an ok map and if you tweak the flaws in it, it could definitely be accepted!

Last edited:

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
This is not your official review!

The theme is not very good because it's just a pattern, and nothing very interesting, Because of this the build is very haphazard and unattractive, as well as there being lots of floating little builds that really take away from the map as a whole. The parkour looks repetitive, and it's mostly floating.

Ratings
This is not your official review!

The theme is not very good because it's just a pattern, and nothing very interesting, Because of this the build is very haphazard and unattractive, as well as there being lots of floating little builds that really take away from the map as a whole. The parkour looks repetitive, and it's mostly floating.
Ouch, thanks for the harsh review even with the demotion.

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
sorry but i'm going to give you a -0.5 as my overall rating :c

Theme: unoriginal as said above, there's a checkers map and we have chess maps which could be considered as a similar theme. -1

Build: I don't normally say this about scattered builds but it looks decent, however next time you should only have one main build and not multiple. I know its kinda hard to do that with the "race" aspect, but in the future, just make one build and it'll make your map neater. 0

Parkour: it's very repetitive but it's a good length and difficulty, next time use blocks like ice, soul sand, walls, heads, etc. to make it more varied and more fun to play. -0.5

good luck c:

Rammski

ELITE
Rammskie
Rammskie
ELITE
Howdy Quad333,

Loads of things that could be improved have been said already, but i want to add just one minor thing to that.
I feel like you could've used better looking blocks than wool. There are much more cleaner looking blocks than wool.
I think the opinions about the look of the map would be more positive if you choose different blocks.
I've seen chess related maps before but the build is quite decent so i'll give you a 0

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
I say it is ok in terms of jumps. The build theme could use some work. So I am giving a 0.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Quad333,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected. The theme is unoriginal, as we have a checkers-related map already, and we have a map with a similar theme/style as this one (Chess) and a few maps with a race concept (RedvBlue, BluevOrange). I don't really see a main build in this submission; in the future, have a main build that your parkour can build off of. The parkour was quite repetitive with the use of ladder jumps; try to incorporate different types of jumps into the parkour. It was also too easy for the difficulty.

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.