Not open for further replies.

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Is this a joke submission? I'm not sure. I'm gonna review it anyways.

There are no positives.

Negatives:
  • The theme is unoriginal. Color Madness is essentially a rainbow theme. There are already too many rainbow themed maps
  • The jumps are not varied. except for the ladder tower, almost all jumps are regular block jumps.
  • The build does not look good. It's all floating parkour with no decorative detail
  • The course is way too easy to be an expert course. I completed the entire thing and only failed four times.
Usually here I would suggest how to fix these issues, but the issues are so abundant that I suggest scrapping this map and making a different one. The main reason I suggest this is due to the theme, which is unoriginal.

So, here's some advice for any future maps you choose to make:
  • Pick a better theme that people can connect with more. The rainbow theme is used too much to be made into any more maps. For themes you could recreate areas or characters from other games you like, create interesting architecture and recreations of real life buildings, or just pick a random object... like shaving cream, for example.
  • Make your jumps more interesting. Try not to have 3 similar jumps (For example, ladder towers) in a row so that you don't make the player bored. The best blocks (in my opinion) to use are iron bars, glass panes, soul sand, ice, fences, heads, and trapdoors.
  • Add more detail to your course to make it feel more like an environment instead of floating blocks
  • Avoid floating jumps. Although some of the older courses on the server have floating jumps, the standards have increased since then. This is not to say you should never use floating jumps, just that you should avoid them as much as possible.
Good luck with any courses you submit in the future!

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6
Hoi reapz,
I’ll be rejecting your map, for the following reasons:

The theme for your map is unoriginal, we have a lot of rainbow themes and colors map.
About the build, it was messy and sometimes blocked some paths, and didn’t have anything specific resembling.

About the parkour, it does not fit the difficulty given, it was confusing and unbalanced, as there were super easy parts and after the difficulty increased it got harder.
It was also repetitive as you used the same block all the time only doing variations of changing the color of your blocks.

¡Thanks for submitting a map, I would love to see more maps from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.