---------------------------------------------

First Name
Josh

Country or Timezone
UK

Discord username Sheep#9651

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
I have been playing on the server for around a week now, after taking a break for the past few years so that in it self has been a whole you learning curb. So I have Owned and been Modder/Moderator/Admin/Builder for several server in the past 9 years. These vary from the old 20 Man servers to the 150+ Man servers.

I have so far loved my time on the server (Apart from a tiny bit of Lag) but have noticed that there is not always staff online (well on the survival) but they are there when they are needed with the /helpop. So I have so far always been helping newer or other players on the survival be that from quickly telling them how to create a party and claim or to travelling to someone and picking up a spawner for them.

So my main reason to become a staff member is to help increase the good vibes on the server, as when I joined I found it to be a large family which is what every long lasting server needs. Also I feel my time zone can help as I only work in the evenings so i'm around UK Hours and Eastern Early Morning.

Im not the best at selling myself through text, I'm better at just asking questions in discord.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
73+

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
15-40 a Week (Work Dependant)

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
I have in depth knowledge of the game mechanics of Minecraft as been playing since 2009. So in terms of knowing what is bugged or fault finding that say a plugin could be affecting within the server.

I have basic knowledge in coding in for Java Scripts due to running and designing old area protection systems for minecraft. Happy to share my old bukkit mods from 1.8 builds. I belive this is helpful as means we can get servers running the lastest patch quicker and patching bugs and make things run smoother. (Bit rusty now)

Also i'm pretty good at redstone and commands. My building skills or okish..... This can help with building a arena for PVP or even just stuff in survival.

But I think my main skill is im a nice guy who wants to see the server grow and become even better.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
Ingame -
Like I have said above I have part owned a server RIP - MCAPOCALYPSE which was a 30-50 man server that ran for 4-6 years with all custom coded plugins be me and one other.

I know how to code and have access to mods from old servers that im happy to share knowledge in. (Bit rusty now)

I also since 2010 was an admin for a large 50-80man (that was large back in the day) server called outcast gaming which i was on for around 2 years until me and freind set ours up with our plugins.

IIRL
I am a freelance teacher for my occupation in theatre so I have patience with younger and even older stubborn players.

I don't get annoyed or lose my temper it's only a game remember.

As a job I work in a close nit team so im very keen on team power.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
I have experience in server modding (Even though its back with 1.6/8 builds......), this can help in explaining how plugins might work for new players that are learning the server as it can be fairly daunting in trying to relearn a heavily modded custom server.

I know the game mechanics well. This in part relates to the statement above but more on the actual game so people wanting to learn more about red stone i'm happy to help. But also say building and how to breed as for a younger player who has not played for long can be needed.

I'm always happy to help when asked nicely!

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
The role of a staff member in my opinion (Notice opinion). Is to share the servers goals create a safe and friendly place to play a game we all know and love.

You are representing not just yourself as a staff member but also everyone else who volunteers or works for the server. You are a extension of it.

So your there to help new players if that's just telling them hey do /p claim and your area if protected or actually trying to teach them minecraft. You are not just there to stop people cheating your there to have fun as well.

Are you able to use recording software?
Yes

Anything else we should know?
Ermmmmm, nope just a guy from the UK who like Minecraft and wants a good server to succeed beyond all imagination.

Oh and I work in theatre and used to work for a Mouse on a ship.

And like I said above send me a PM or msg me in Discord better at talking in voip.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

Last edited:
+0
Although you meet the majority of the requirements, i believe on some of the questions like "What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?" and "What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?" I believe could possibly be developed a little more to give the staff recruitment team a better understanding of why you would be a suitable addition to the staff team!
Good Luck!

+0
Although you meet the majority of the requirements, i believe on some of the questions like "What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?" and "What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?" I believe could possibly be developed a little more to give the staff recruitment team a better understanding of why you would be a suitable addition to the staff team!
Good Luck!
Thankyou for your feedback I have edited some areas.

Sheep

+0

Met all the requirements but just, quite a nice person but I don't think you stand out.
Although your application is good, it isn't very detailed.

Last edited:
Hello,

Where do you expect there to be more detail, so I can improve my application. :)
The detail isn't horrible but not the best, I think you could expand on
"Why you want to be staff" and "What experiences do you have as staff."
Also, I forgot to mention it, you were a bit informal, I think you could maybe, change words like
"Ermm" to "Well,"
Although everything else was good.

SunsetMagic

Network Manager
Manager
MVP+
VIP+
VIP
Helper Management
QA Team
Hello Josh,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me on the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Sunset#3438], I am quicker to respond there.

Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.

The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
Sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.