Controversial Question i guess

NeOnIsBad

MVP
NeOnIsBad
NeOnIsBad
MVP
Ratings
ok, so my friends asked me this question if Video Games should be considered as a sport. I honestly think video games should be a sport. Should Video games be considered a sport?

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I suppose esports are a thing, but they should be their own thing. they should be separate from all physical sports. it's taken long enough for baseball to get into the olympics, doesn't make sense for esports to come out of nowhere. for example.

Miku

Forum Master
MVP+
ItsMiku
ItsMiku
MVP+
Ratings
598 14
according to google "an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment"
according to Wikipedia "Sport includes all forms of competitive physical activities or games which, through casual or organized participation, at least in part aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators.

As stated above, esports are a thing, but I wouldn't consider them as a "sport" I don't think that videogames could improve your physical ability.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I suppose esports are a thing, but they should be their own thing. they should be separate from all physical sports. it's taken long enough for baseball to get into the olympics, doesn't make sense for esports to come out of nowhere. for example.
Baseball wasn't in the Olympics because outside of Japan and America no one plays it. In my eyes cricket is more deserving of the Olympics then baseball as more countries play it. On a different note I think playing computer games can be considered an e-sport due to the mental aspect but definitely don't confuse this with playing Minecraft everyday or something.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
As stated above, esports are a thing, but I wouldn't consider them as a "sport" I don't think that videogames could improve your physical ability.
iT's a ThUmB wORkouT

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
I mean speedrunning is a thing in video games lOL

In all seriousness, I would define it as more of a hobby than a sport.

AlfieJay

Parkour Mod+ | Survival Mod
Moderator+
AlfieJay
AlfieJay
Mod+
Ratings
341 10
I think they fit into their own separate category of sports. Don't wanna annoy all the people who use the expression "real sport" so yeah, personally wouldn't merge them together. I think it's best for computer games to become their own thing with their own fans and own culture and not to latch onto traditional sports where everyone's telling them off for not running around in the rain enough