Rejected Corrupted: First map submission v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Built by Myself (Luckout12) on my own plot.
Map Name: Corrupted
Theme: Corrupted world
Difficulty: Expert+
Checkpoints: 2
Approx Jumps: 83
Plot ID -56:28
or
/plot v Luckout12 1
Built on map maker world

EDIT: This is an edit of my original post. I have made changes to the plot, and even changed the layout of the parkour. There are fewer jumps now, and only 2 checkpoints. I've also removed the barrier blocks with glass panes as added detail and the parkour border lines. Finally, I smoothed out the terrain on the grass side of the build, however, I left the corrupted part of the map alone for the most part. This was done because I want the corrupted part to seem rough and jagged as if the blocks are being massed. Instead of the corruption replacing the blocks, it's engulfing them. Corrupted v2.

Keep giving me tips and feedback so I can keep improving it.

Map Pictures:

Last edited:
This is a big map so i have quite a lot of comments about it.
I thought most of the parkour was quite easy for expert while mediums arent for me, exept for a few near impossible/impossible jumps at the beginning.
Also try to avoid using barrier blocks and replacing them with the coloured glass for example.
The building style looks great but the map is probably quite a bit too big and will probably have to be reduced to the mountain only.
The Beginning of the parkour should start near the edge of it so it is accessable from the beginning platform but that should also be fixable.
Really like where this is going but there are definately a few things to look at, great job so far, i see there's a lot of effort put into this map!

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
-1 theme is unoriginal

Lazarus

VIP+
Rubempre
Rubempre
VIP+
Ratings
43 2
Is that using the entire plot size? Generally parkour shouldn't be too wide but can reach very long since there aren't any parkours behind. I'd say you should revise the layout of the map and improve on "normalizing" the landscape; it looks too jagged and unnatural and you can see indications of WorldEdit use (unless you didn't use it and it just looks that way, then no problem :^) ).

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Luckout12,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is original ? But I think you can choose something better. The build is not good, it's really messy and unattractive, because of the floating parkour around the build, but also because of the build itself, try to have one compact build, without floating blocks around it. The parkour could be better, it's pretty repetitive, and realy confusing, try to add some signs to indicate the way. I also found some exploits here : http://prntscr.com/lppvw5

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.