Creative Chat Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Donator
Ratings
Ok, ok so I have seen a recent post regarding Creative chat Spams, arguments etc... I've witnessed it all myself.
I'm surprised someone hasn't suggested this yet but please can we have chat channels? A lot of the arguments are caused my members doing role play and then people telling them to shut up, etc.. Just a main chat and a RP chat.

Mariomash1VG

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
47 11
I like this, but you would also have to be able to mute/un mute yourself from hearing from those other channels.

Flawless

Donator
Ratings
31 1
Interesting idea, but if the channels were open to the public (meaning anyone can join) it is still
technically open to spam from whoever joins that channel.

Mariomash1VG

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
47 11
Interesting idea, but if the channels were open to the public (meaning anyone can join) it is still
technically open to spam from whoever joins that channel.
It's called "leave that channel and join the other ones" but yea we should get at least 3

Flawless

Donator
Ratings
31 1
To be honest, it would be good if you can get in a party chat, invite your friends etc. and have a command to mute
the global chat - so that you can only hear and speak in your party. Yeah it would be cool to have chat channels, but
party chat can fill in the roles of any chat channel that would be available.

If you couldn't be bothered to read that, let me sum it up for ya:

-A 'mute global chat' WHILE in a party would be nice.
-The party is invite only = no randoms joining and ruining the party, which means no spam.
-The party will fill all roles: from Roleplay chat, and any other chat channel which would exist.
-Aaaand you can kick people from the party, if you are in a chat channel that wouldnt
be possible.

#MuteGlobalChatCommand2014

Mariomash1VG

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
47 11
To be honest, it would be good if you can get in a party chat, invite your friends etc. and have a command to mute
the global chat - so that you can only hear and speak in your party. Yeah it would be cool to have chat channels, but
party chat can fill in the roles of any chat channel that would be available.

If you couldn't be bothered to read that, let me sum it up for ya:

-A 'mute global chat' WHILE in a party would be nice.
-The party is invite only = no randoms joining and ruining the party, which means no spam.
-The party will fill all roles: from Roleplay chat, and any other chat channel which would exist.
-Aaaand you can kick people from the party, if you are in a chat channel that wouldnt
be possible.

#MuteGlobalChatCommand2014
Perfect.

Flawless

Donator
Ratings
31 1
And to add to the whole 'party' thing, there should be a rule to encourage users to Roleplay in party chats only.

Ratings
I really like this idea! It could help out the creative chat a lot! However it would be kind of hectic. What if, for example, someone was spamming in a public chat like roleplay, and no mod was there? I like this idea but I think we need to get another mod. I also posted a thread on this yesterday complaining about how the chat is out of hand.

Flawless

Donator
Ratings
31 1
Natertate i pretty much said that it would be 'hectic' in the earlier posts, i think he gets the message :p If we stick
to my idea no mods would be needed for parties will they? That way its more efficient.

SirCrackers

Ratings
I really like this idea! It could help out the creative chat a lot! However it would be kind of hectic. What if, for example, someone was spamming in a public chat like roleplay, and no mod was there? I like this idea but I think we need to get another mod. I also posted a thread on this yesterday complaining about how the chat is out of hand.
Well I am not sure about this, but clearly if this ever was considered Mods would have to simply have both channels enabled.

Dynsalir

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
Ratings
509 22
Really its as simple as installing HeroChat and then creating different chat channels for different needs. Global = whole server, RP = Roleplay, Local = people within X radius of you, etc. etc. Then if a player doesn't like what is happening in one chat while no staff are on they can simply leave the channel and rejoin it later when a moderator is online. I guess I can set this up tomorrow just don't complain about the restarts that will happen while doing it...

As for the matter of recruiting new staff. We're constantly looking for new staff for all our servers its just that people don't bother to read the Application Information thread so they don't even meet out minimum requirements and are automatically rejected. If you think you have what it takes to be a Creative Helper then by all means go and apply for it.

Aaron

Donator
Ratings
Really its as simple as installing HeroChat and then creating different chat channels for different needs. Global = whole server, RP = Roleplay, Local = people within X radius of you, etc. etc. Then if a player doesn't like what is happening in one chat while no staff are on they can simply leave the channel and rejoin it later when a moderator is online. I guess I can set this up tomorrow just don't complain about the restarts that will happen while doing it...

As for the matter of recruiting new staff. We're constantly looking for new staff for all our servers its just that people don't bother to read the Application Information thread so they don't even meet out minimum requirements and are automatically rejected. If you think you have what it takes to be a Creative Helper then by all means go and apply for it.
Thanks... If this goes forward which seems promising. I would like to ask about the Moderation procedures, If someone was roleplaying in Global, would there be punishments?

SirCrackers

Ratings
Thanks... If this goes forward which seems promising. I would like to ask about the Moderation procedures, If someone was roleplaying in Global, would there be punishments?
I wouldn't say the players would be punished right away. He would simply be told to switch channels. If he does not cooperate, there may be consequences.

D

Deleted member 643

The server already has this but the down side is that you still see the other chat its called the donor chat.

idk if its still there tho

Status
Not open for further replies.