(easy to add) Suggestion: Blocking /fly in Plots

Ratings
On my plot recently I've been experimenting ways to try and make a parkour that is impossible to cheat, this is proving to be very difficult as /fly is always a problem. To solve this is very simple for Dacon, in /p flag list, there is a blocked-cmds string flag which could be used with /fly to block the fly command being used in plots, however this is blocked for regular players, I have already figured out ways to disable the usefulness of /sethome, /warp, /tpa, /back, and /top, however 2 problems remain: enderpearls and fly. As enderpearls are not very common this is not too much of a problem however fly makes it very easy to cheat. I would suggest making blocked-cmds available for everyone, but make sure to block certain commands from being blocked (if you denied all tp methods you might trap a player in a plot), and then the problem is solved.

EDIT: or make some other system which makes fly simply not allowed if you make it not allowed in plots.

Last edited:

Iliux

VIP+
Iliux85
Iliux85
VIP+
Ratings
This seems like a great idea and addition to plot flags. I have seen some problems like this occur before. Perhaps there might also be a way to disable some effects like jump boost or speed. This addition would open up more possibilities for you with your plot.

IcedJack

MVP+
Etala
Etala
MVP+
Ratings
I'm pretty sure you could set it to survival which is the closest that you can get. The command is /plot set gamemode survival

Hallowqueen

Helper
MVP+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
MVP+
Ratings
I'm pretty sure you could set it to survival which is the closest that you can get. The command is /plot set gamemode survival
I believe this is possible, and there are plots that have this permission enabled, in which players cannot fly on the plot. I'm pretty sure that @IcedJack is right, this might be the command.

Ratings
I believe this is possible, and there are plots that have this permission enabled, in which players cannot fly on the plot. I'm pretty sure that @IcedJack is right, this might be the command.
I have experimented with this and it doesnt work. Changing the gamemode does turn off flight when you enter, but you can simply do /fly whilst inside the plot and turn it back on. Or at least I can in my own plot, I might need to test whether other players can turn it back on.

IcedJack

MVP+
Etala
Etala
MVP+
Ratings
Ok, I've found the command. It is /plot flag set remove fly

Last edited:

Spxrklezz

MVP+
Spxrklezz
Spxrklezz
MVP+
Ratings
22 1
I think the commands related to /fly on plot has been disabled to prevent bugs and glitches where players could enable flight and perhaps tp to somewhere and keeping the ability to fly.

Adding /p flag remove fly which also means that they need to add /p flag set fly to re-enable it.