Reviewing emilyrenee_ - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by emilyrenee_, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emilyrenee_

emilyrenee_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Your Minecraft username
    emilyrenee_

What server are you applying for

Olympus

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Emily

Country or Timezone
    Central Time (USA)

Discord username emilyrenee_#9245

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
    I would like to become staff because I feel as though there is always room for improvement. I want to be able to contribute towards said improvement, such as keeping the relationships among the players healthy and friendly. Most of the time, there is only one staff member on Olympus frequently, and with my time zone, I believe I will be able to be on at the same time as most players. Although that one staff member handles things very well, there can still be a lot happening that they may not catch, as they may be dealing with something else. I will be able to help out when situations arise. I adore being able to aid others with their problems and making sure that rules are enforced. I also really enjoy playing on Olympus (it is the only server I have on Minecraft) so I have come to known a lot of people on there. It would be an amazing opportunity to be able to help not only the people of the server but also my friends on the server.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I have played on ManaCube for at least a year, mainly playing on parkour, but I have been off and on with a couple breaks here and there. I got really into the server once Olympus was released.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    I can dedicate at least 3-5 hours per day, it just depends on my other commitments for the day. Since it is currently summer vacation for me, I can dedicate 8 hours most days.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    I feel as though I have a lot of responsibility, which has grown a lot in recent years, as well as my knowledge and understanding of others. I set a pretty high bar for myself, so my work ethic is through the roof, as some would say. My professionality is very evident, especially when I become staff. I do not share my personal issues often and instead focus on other peoples issues on the server so that I am able to help relieve said issues.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    I was an Admin on a prison server that belonged to a youtuber. I have also been Co-Owner of an SMP. On the prison server, I was staff for at least a year until it shut down. As well as the prison server, I was Co-Owner of the SMP server until it shut down.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    Three attributes that distinguish myself from others are that my patience is extremely high, and I am generally a really social and tolerant person online. Along with these two attributes, I am a strong-willed person. If I set out to do something, I will typically follow through if I truly believe in it.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    I believe the role of a staff member is to listen and relieve not only other people's problems with the server, but also their own. If a staff member doesn't help others, then they are not fulfilling their role. A staff member is also someone who truly believes in what they are doing is right for the server and helps progress it. They must be passionate about fixing problems and helping people. A staff member is, essentially, a mediator.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Probably, but it might have to wait until I get my new laptop.

Anything else we should know?
    I have other commitments outside of the server, such as my job, band and school. I put those three pretty high on my priority list alongside Olympus. If I am not on the server, I am doing one of these three things. Along with these, I have social anxiety but it is only bad when verbally speaking with someone. It has gotten better over time, and if need be, I will communicate with someone but might be a little on the quiet or "shy" side.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ThePigeonGamer

Ratings:
    +21 / 1
    Really good app! +1

• Like Like x 2
  3. gumleaf

Donator

Ratings:
    +66 / 5
    Amazing and a good person, right for the job = +1

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bean4455

Bean4455 Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 6
    Amazing in game and out. Couldn't be better for the job +1

• Like Like x 1
  5. JiggleJigglePop

MVP+ VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +186 / 50
    You are extremely active in game although don't really have experiences on the forums. However, since you are a really friendly person, I'm going to give you a +1. Goodluck :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. WilboShakespeare

WilboShakespeare Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 8
    +1 gl

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cryonicol

Cryonicol New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  8. Spliz

Spliz Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I think you did pretty good +1 :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Okaylie

Okaylie Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    +1 I've seen you around in game and you're very nice! Getting familiar on the forums and such will really help. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. HunterPvPs

HunterPvPs New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    -1 Dared me to -1 her app, plus she spelled steak stek. She is not worthy. Boom roasted. L -TMZ

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. SpeedDropped

SpeedDropped New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
  12. Purple4me

Purple4me Admin
    Admin Admin Helper Management Donator

Ratings:
    +1,091 / 46
    Hello Emily,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

Also, be aware that staff do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications. For questions, you may contact me on Discord at Purpz#3177.

The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.