Farming Range?

Ratings
Do you need to be close to your crops for them to grow and if so what is the range?
I've placed my cacti in one place and my crops in another (about 15 to 20 blocks away) and they only grow when I'm nearby.
Thank you for your time ^_^

P.S.: Asked in chat multiple times, no one answered.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
Hello, @rodakino.

Based on how farming works on Olympus & Survival, I’m going to assume it should be the same on Skyblock, that being you need to keep the chunk that the crops are in, loaded, so they can grow.

You can check chunks with F3 + G. I’m not 100% certain how Skyblock farming works, but I can’t imagine it being entirely different.

Hope this helps, and if it works differently, hopefully someone more knowledgeable on Skyblock can correct me. Have a nice day/night!

Ratings
Hello, thank you for answering so quickly.

What you're saying makes sense and I suspect you are right. I at least know how to plan my builds now, thanks!

Edit: Apparently you need to be within the chunk for crops to grow and someone in the chat confirmed it as well.

Last edited:

JustZee

MVP+
JustZee
JustZee
MVP+
Ratings
14 1
Hello with the new skyblock update you will need 1 player inside each chunk for chunks to grow for example: My cactus farm has 20 chunks but I have 1 alt only 1/20 of the cactus farm will grow

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
Only one chnk will grow. Which is 16 times 16 blocks. You can check for a chunk by pressing F3. Where it says chunk will tell you if you are in a new chunk or not . Note it goes from 0 to 15. Every time you go over 15 or below 0 you go into a new chunk.

Ratings
First things first, thanks for replying!

Yes I'm now aware and I'm using F3+G to see the border of the chunks, I just think that just one chunk being loaded at a time is a bit too little.

Fewuser

Naughtality
Naughtality
Ratings
3 1
Do you need to be close to your crops for them to grow and if so what is the range?
I've placed my cacti in one place and my crops in another (about 15 to 20 blocks away) and they only grow when I'm nearby.
Thank you for your time ^_^

P.S.: Asked in chat multiple times, no one answered.
1 chunk. Or hold f4 + G

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
First things first, thanks for replying!

Yes I'm now aware and I'm using F3+G to see the border of the chunks, I just think that just one chunk being loaded at a time is a bit too little.
Since then, the size limit has been upgraded to 2.5-3 chunks, or at least around there. It just grows faster when youre in the chunk. Hope this helps!