Ghostie - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Ghostie, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Ghostie

Ghostie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Minecraft username
    TheGhostStorm

What server are you applying for

Parkour

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Elric

Location (or timezone)
    Pacific (Washington State)

---------------------------------------------

Why do you aspire to become staff?
    I aspire to become a staff of the ManaCube Network because unless there are a ton of secret works, I feel like there is a lot I could bring to the server and community, but hopefully not make the server seem like a copy of some other server, but also because I want to help people out and service.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I am pretty sure 84 hours...5 Afk hours?

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    School Year :6 per day &0 "Summer: 0 (at work)"
    This is because I have time after school for 6 hours on average, but during the summer I am going to camp as a lifeguard...Well shadowing as a lifeguard because I am not of proper stature yet. But I can bring the skills I acquire from staffing in real life to the community.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    Some skills I feel I have that is going to help the server is my building skill. I can build extremely well if I put enough effort into the project, but I also bring a very creative mind too and that is not just as a builder. I bring ideas of events, layouts, and other similar things.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    The only major experience on staff that I have had which could help me as staff is the role I played in the development of the sadly shut down UtopiaMC. I was a member of their event team which includes build team. I am currently working on becoming a builder for Mineplex as well so that I can bring experiences from both sides to both servers. As a member of the BSA and the OA, I am working as a staff member to help youth progress and learn in the world of scouting. I teach generally down at the waterfront and the art shack.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    Three attributes that distinguish myself from other players that qualify me to be a helper are the fact that I am for the majority patient, I am very creative, and have a high IQ which also makes me a fast learner. Other than students themselves, several people view me as mature for my age with how I talk, act, and behave. I don't throw out ridiculous jokes like many people out there. One thing I do enjoy with humor is making puns before my father because it is fun to beat him to it.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    I believe the role of a staff member is to teach others and inform them of certain things such as rules. To tip people with things like build requirements in the Parkour server. I also believe the role of a staff member is to respect players as you wish them to respect you. One last thing I know from experience in real life is for a staff member to be is an excellent role model to others.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes, but I need to learn how. I generally avoid using recording software because I always thought it would make me feel like a YouTuber which is surprisingly not something I'd expect from me. I am not capable of buying a physical software for recording, but I do have OBS. I can find something else that is free and digital if needed. I have a tech friend who can help me as well.

Anything else we should know?
    I am not sure about this one, but once I am staff...If I make it that is, would I set as a Mod at first or is there a way I could become a part of your build team? To give another idea of my maturity, I have two cats and the female had five kittens...I made a space for her to give birth in a moving container with a hole in the side, duck taped to prevent her from cutting herself on the sharp sides. One last thing is that I do use LabyMod which if you need the link just type LabyMod in your search engine and it should be the first thing that pops up. If you don't allow that for use I can switch back to normal 1.8.8. Thank you and I hope that this server keeps growing even if I can't contribute to it's development.

PS: I am not 100% sure of my hours during the summer, that is why I put 0 because I do not want to make any promises I can not keep. I am going to work in a different state to help youth in the real world. I was thinking I could bring back that experience as a staffer in real life to the ManaCube Community.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  2. Its_Donut

VIP

Ratings:
    +105 / 2
    -1, i would say get to know ManaCube better and take time to really play it and I say try to add more detail into your application.

3. ISpeedEveryDay

ISpeedEveryDay New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Since the summer is upcoming, I don't think a staff member should have an average of 0 hours a day.

Good Luck on your application!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ghostie

Ghostie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not exact on my hours during the summer, I just know for a month I will be staffing in a different state and I might go on camp outs... I will most likely have a bit of time... Just don't want to make any promises I can't keep.