Guide: Best Pickaxe Enchants

axiatinc

ELITE
axiatinc
axiatinc
ELITE
Ratings
40 4
So, some of you guys like to max out your pickaxes, (see here for a guide). But it isn't necessary.

Here's why:
  1. You instant break anything while flying at Efficiency 15.
  2. Autoblocking makes mining more difficult.
  3. Explosive just makes your mining messy, and makes everyone else whos mining either with blast, or mining neatly angry.
  4. It is cheaper to make a non-maxed out pick, a normal maxed one costs a little over 2m mana, these, are around 1.8m mana.
Here is a example of a good, maxed out pick (not completely maxed out, see the "Here's Why" section.)

Vanilla Enchants:
  1. Efficiency 30-35 (Anything more is a waste of mana.)
  2. Fortune 25 (This makes you earn a lot more money, faster, especially when combined with Autosell.)
  3. Unbreaking 99 (You can really do any unbreaking enchant, but 99 makes your pick almost unbreakable.)
  4. Haste 20 (This also isn't really needed, you can do haste 5 if you want.)
  5. Autosell 1 (This makes mining so much easier without you having to type in `/sell` every time your inventory is full.)
  6. Speed 3 (This is currently broken, but when it is fixed, mixed with everything else you've added so far, it makes you fill up faster.)
Custom Enchants:
  1. Blast 1 (Anything higher isn't worth it unless your in it for the money.)
  2. Hellforged 4 (This makes your pickaxe never break, especially when mixed with Unbreaking 99.)
  3. Experienced 1 (This just makes you earn more experience when mining.)
Here is a list of bad enchants to add to your pickaxe, if you want the worst mining experience:
  1. Autoblocking 1 (This makes things combine into the ore blocks automatically, which some of them cant be sold, making your inv fill up.)
  2. Explosive 1 (This just makes your mining messy, doesnt look good.)
Don't EVER add these enchants to your pickaxe, they are a waste of mana. Use them on some pig spawners!

Hope you enjoy, happy mining!

Last edited:

JuanV

MVP+
JuanV
JuanV
MVP+
Ratings
I do agree that anything above blast 1 really isn't worth it, but it sure is valuable. However, blast two does help out if you're trying to gain massive amounts of mana a day without a grinder.

Spxrklezz

MVP+
Spxrklezz
Spxrklezz
MVP+
Ratings
47 3
Good guide overall just some minor mistakes! Haste, Autosell and Speed are not Vanilla Enchantments they are Custom Enchantments!

EmperorBonaparte

MVP
EmperorBonaparte
EmperorBonaparte
MVP
Ratings
Good guide overall just some minor mistakes! Haste, Autosell and Speed are not Vanilla Enchantments they are Custom Enchantments!
In terms of Olympus, they are classified under vanilla enchantments as they are not obtained through the custom enchantments plugin with /ce. This does split the enchantments in to vanilla, /exchange, and /ce enchantments but I think the classification is fine.

Great guide! I'd also point out that unbreaking 99 is in no way needed, nor hellforged IV. With unbreaking 50 and hellforged IV i never have to fix my pickaxe but I would suggest that hellforged 3 should be good enough, especially as you'd have to buy a hellforged book to get 4 when you can get 3 from rebirths! :D