Guide: Blast Mining Techniques

EmperorBonaparte

MVP
EmperorBonaparte
EmperorBonaparte
MVP
Ratings
I've seen many different strategies adopted for people mining with blast pickaxes, and out of curiosity wanted to find which was the fastest, I was quite surprised by one of the results. I explain the mining techniques used at the bottom, as I do understand the video does have a lot of information at once, and I doubt people will watch the whole video unless you like the music :D
(Skip to about 2 minutes in to see the finishes)

Side to Side's result is supposed to be 2:41, I am very sorry for the incorrect time in the video, but I don't have time to render and upload this again, sorry!!

Planned, Orderly (top left) - You mine 3 rows at a time, just going back and forth between them until you clear the whole thing, but at the start you also mine out pathways for swapping at the end of each 3 rows.
Unplanned, Orderly (top right) - You mine 3 rows at a time, just going back and forth between them until you clear the whole thing, without mining passages for yourself later on, so you lose time turning around.
Side to Side (bottom left) - I have seen this technique used surprisingly, you walk from side to side mining the blocks in front of you.
Fly, Random (bottom right) - Probably the most common technique, you mine whilst flying randomly trying to mine as many blocks as possible in no particular order.

I hope this can prove some use to people with blast, if you'd like to see one for pickaxes without blast then I can make one at some point if you leave a comment!