Guide: How to earn cubits quickly on olympus!

EmperorBonaparte

MVP
EmperorBonaparte
EmperorBonaparte
MVP
Ratings
I thought I'd make a guide on this because lots of people struggle with getting cubits and I consider myself to be slightly more knowledgeable than most as I got over 40 cubits to buy myself MVP (and some keys) without paying $0.01! (If you see me as MVP+ on olympus it is because I was kindly gifted a rank upgrade paper by xSaintPablo which is server specific, I didn't earn cubits for that)

I can split this into main categories, each contains a different method of getting cubits!

Unfortunately nothing is free and most of these methods require time, but some don't so you can do them too :)

Conversion Rates
The key to getting cubits is having good conversion rates between your items. I always use one conversion rate and this always works as of now, the price will change in the future as more people get money more quickly, but for now use this:
1 Pig Spawner = 0.01 Cubits = 2k Mana

Never deviate from this rate! If you try and charge more, barely anyone will buy from you, or at least it'll take a long time to sell, but at this rate, it is a trustworthy deal and is usually perfect.
Although hard to believe, it actually doesn't help sales to reduce the price, I've offered people 0.1 cubits value off on deals in chat and no one took me up on my offer in 30 minutes! I believe this is because when something is too good to be true, it probably is and they don't trust you. It might be tempting to sell for less if you're currently holding a lot of items and want to change them and no one has bought for a while, but trust me, eventually someone will buy, you've just got to be patient. (However if you're dealing with deals over 1 cubit give them a bit off because those deals are the most helpful)

Straight Grinding
Although a slightly disappointing truth, there is one sure way to get cubits, and that's working for it. You have to mine mine mine and get all the mana and money you can to get cubits. Just mine as much as possible, get as much mana as you can and turn every dollar you get into pig spawners and sell them for cubits. In a few hours I usually aim to get 1 cubit with this method. As a test of rates, with a max pickaxe excluding blast, I mined for 2 hours straight to see how many cubits I could get. The value of mana and pig spawners I got was equivalent to 1 cubit almost exactly (took 1hr56mins). So, although it's excruciatingly boring, mining for 2 hours without stopping will get you 1 cubit (in god mine with 1.25x sell multiplier).

Right Place, Right Time
The nice people on Olympus do giveaways all the time! If you're spending time on Olympus then you'll likely be there for a lot of them, and then increase your chances of winning, although an unreliable method, winning a giveaway is always a good way to get some quick cubits. I'll show some methods on how to increase your chances of winning giveaways below.

/ah Cheap Deals
Sometimes people will announce they are putting expensive items in /ah for 10 mana, you've got to be the quickest to get them! I've played a few accuracy games so I'm quite good at this and although it sounds unnecessary it does help! You've got to be spamming the refresh button on /ah as fast as you can waiting for the item to pop up and as soon as it does you've got to buy it and click confirm, which will appear slightly to the left of your mouse. When buying cubits, you're never left with too much mana which is perfect in this example as you don't have the money to accidentally buy something else, so just rely on speed and buy it as fast as you can.

Drop Parties
This is the most common way to giveaway items, and unfortunately its completely unfair because you can pretty much guarantee victory for yourself. People like to believe that whoever has the lowest ping gets the drop, this might have some effect, I'm not sure, but I do know that no matter what your ping is, there is a surefire way to win. The secret statistic which determines who gets the drop is concurrent playtime, whoever has been on the server for longest since the last reboot will get the drop. I know this from when I used to play minecraft many years ago but can't find anything online proving this, however I can assure you it is true! The key to getting the most playtime is to join the server as soon as it reboots.
This is why at dps you always see one guy getting tons of items, if you're standing in the right place and have the most playtime (not total but in that session), you win.
Although it's super scummy and I've never done this, I have thought if you know a dp is coming, do /seen <player> (if you have the right donor rank) and find out anyone who was more playtime in that session than you, and then pay them or ask them to leave. I really wouldn't want anyone to do this, it is scummy but I'm just saying also be wary of people trying to do this to you as you'll lose the dp!

Vote
Voting = Easy Cubits
Voting gets you 0.7 cubits per week through very little effort! Always a nice bonus and a guaranteed way of making cubits.

Trading for Profit
As I said before, I wouldn't recommend posting deals in chat that look dodgy by being too good, but if you see a good deal in /ah (pig spawners for less than 2k mana), then buy them, no exceptions! As you'll end up trading that mana for cubits anyway, might as well earn an extra 0.01 while you're at it!

The Grind Never Stops
If, like me, you wanted free ranks and not much else, I would recommend putting aside everything else. Don't care about your plot, your bal, your mana, your pick (unless upgrading it gets you more mana/money faster), your grinder, nothing. I got cubits so quickly by literally only getting cubits and nothing else. It will be very tempting to buy keys when you finally reach about 5 cubits and a sale comes, don't! Just keep them for a rank (or whatever you're aiming for) and it'll be easier.

Vote, then Vote again, then Vote again, then Vote again, etc.
A little advertised reward that ManaCube offers is a free 20 cubits (or 15 cubits) per month if you are in the top 5 voters. This is easy to win if you vote every single day, set an alarm on your phone, plan so you don't miss it, 20 cubits is a lot and its quite easy to get them. Unfortunately, due to glitches your vote sometimes won't be counted on /topvotes and you'll lose out :( This happened to me but it doesn't seem like it'll affect my rankings :D

It should be noted that /topvotes doesn't work anywhere but lobby and will only work if you connect to a different server and go back to the hub for some reason!

Gary is now your best friend
It isn't the biggest help but 0.5 cubits per week does come in handy sometimes! If you're grinding for cubits you'll end up playing an hour a day anyway.

Btw it isnt actually an hour of playtime, its dependent on the TPS (Ticks per Second). If the TPS is 10 for the whole time, it'll take 2 hours to get /gary rewards. (The max TPS is 20, and this in an ideal world would also be the normal TPS)

Sale
An obvious point but, manacube often has large sales! Wait for them because you save money. I'd only buy in 75% or 80% sales (80% is the best you'll get probably)

Conclusion
Using these tips you're guaranteed to get cubits quickly! I hope my guide can help everyone get some new cubit wealth! It is much faster to get good at survival and get cubits there, but I prefer Olympus and this guide is for people who want to play Olympus! To prove the legitimacy of these methods (and to flexxxx) here's a history of my cubit bal. :)

12/11/2018 - First joined manacube - Cubits: 0.00
(wasn't really focused on cubits for a while)
03/12/2018 - Reached 10 cubits! - Cubits: 10.00
06/12/2018 - Got 12.5 cubits and bought VIP - Cubits: 0.00
09/12/2018 - Traded back to 5 cubits - Cubits: 5.00
13/12/2018 - Traded to 10 cubits - Cubits: 10.00
13/12/2018 - Got 12.5 cubits to get VIP+ - Cubits: 0.00
15/12/2018 - Traded back to 5 cubits again - Cubits: 5.00
21/12/2018 - Traded back to 10 cubits again - Cubits: 10.00
22/12/2018 - Traded to 12.5 cubits and got MVP - Cubits: 0.00
I don't keep track of my cubits as much anymore as the grind is currently off and I've reached my target rank!
01/01/2019 - I got 4th place in the top voters of the month and am owed 20 cubits!

I hope this helps! Because I've reached the rank I wanted I thought I'd share this to help some other people! If you see any mistakes in this please post a comment! Also, if you have any methods post them in the comments too and I'd be happy to add them!
Thanks for reading my guide ;)

Last edited:

Danny__

Ratings
Lots of new information to take in! I thought it would be fun to do some maths and figure out the max amount of cubits you could get in a week with just in game rewards (no mining :p)
Ads: 7(0.35) - Though it is extremely rare to achieve you can (or could) get 0.35 cubits per day from watching adverts (do /ad in game)
Voting: 7(0.1) - 0.02 cubits is the reward for voting (there are 5 vote links)
Gary 0.5 - the seventh daily reward from Gary is 0.5 cubits.
Added together the theoretical amount of cubits per week is 2.58 (this would require extremely good luck from the ads as most of the time they wont show up)
I was kinda bored so figured I could contribute.
Thanks for the info.

EmperorBonaparte

MVP
EmperorBonaparte
EmperorBonaparte
MVP
Ratings
Lots of new information to take in! I thought it would be fun to do some maths and figure out the max amount of cubits you could get in a week with just in game rewards (no mining :p)
Ads: 7(0.35) - Though it is extremely rare to achieve you can (or could) get 0.35 cubits per day from watching adverts (do /ad in game)
Voting: 7(0.1) - 0.02 cubits is the reward for voting (there are 5 vote links)
Gary 0.5 - the seventh daily reward from Gary is 0.5 cubits.
Added together the theoretical amount of cubits per week is 2.58 (this would require extremely good luck from the ads as most of the time they wont show up)
I was kinda bored so figured I could contribute.
Thanks for the info.
Interesting! I've thought about this and tried to find a way to get the most cubits with the least amount of effort, I didn't include /ads on my guide because I don't use them because they're so unreliable and for 0.01 cubits each it's not worth the effort. However, don't forget about the 15-20 cubits per month you can get from being on /topvotes!

If you vote every day, then are top 5 in /topvotes, then you can get up to 23.1 cubits in a 31 day month with doing ~10 minutes of play time per day.

With /gary, you can get 2.17 extra cubits (average) per month with about 2 hours play time per day (afk), bringing the total up to 25.28 per month

Then, if you also wanted to mine in those 2 hours (providing you have a good pickaxe and are in god mine), then you can get an extra 31 cubits, bringing the total to a staggering 56.28 cubits from playing 2 hours per day for a month!

EmperorBonaparte

MVP
EmperorBonaparte
EmperorBonaparte
MVP
Ratings
Thank you for this! Very helpful, even to a major pro like myself ;)... But on a real, this is a very useful and detailed guide, that will definitely help out players!
Yep! I hope it can help some people as even things like /gary I didn't know about until quite a bit into playing, so making a list of all the easy and difficult methods of getting cubits will hopefully help some people!

Danny__

Ratings
Interesting! I've thought about this and tried to find a way to get the most cubits with the least amount of effort, I didn't include /ads on my guide because I don't use them because they're so unreliable and for 0.01 cubits each it's not worth the effort. However, don't forget about the 15-20 cubits per month you can get from being on /topvotes!

If you vote every day, then are top 5 in /topvotes, then you can get up to 23.1 cubits in a 31 day month with doing ~10 minutes of play time per day.

With /gary, you can get 2.17 extra cubits (average) per month with about 2 hours play time per day (afk), bringing the total up to 25.28 per month

Then, if you also wanted to mine in those 2 hours (providing you have a good pickaxe and are in god mine), then you can get an extra 31 cubits, bringing the total to a staggering 56.28 cubits from playing 2 hours per day for a month!
Thanks for elaborating. That's a lot of cubits!