Guide: Is blast worth it?

EmperorBonaparte

MVP
EmperorBonaparte
EmperorBonaparte
MVP
Ratings
A question which is now asked very frequently as blast reaches new levels of popularity is: "Is blast worth it?" And I hope to be able to provide the answer in this post. I have blast 1 myself and tried to answer the question.

Simple Answer:
Blast 1 = Worth it, halves mining time
Blast 2 = Doesn't make that much difference and is not worth it

Proof:
Here is a video comparing the mining times on a mine of the first 3 layers of god mine with 2 pickaxes, one with autosell and blast, one with every enchantment maxed with the exception of blast and telepathy. Feel free to skip to the sections in the video listed to get to the interesting parts. The timer was very difficult to figure out so sorry if it is slightly inaccurate when ending

3:00 - Blast Finishes (even without speed which makes mining even faster)
5:30 - Non Blast Finishes

Text answer:
Blast 1 mines out a 3x3x1 area and is incredibly powerful, it makes mining much faster and gets mana for the blocks destroyed, your mining level also increases using blast. Experience doesn't increase using blast but experience from mining is usually minimal so this is negligible. I have blast 1 and I would recommend it to anyone who is considering it, blast will cost you anywhere from 2mil-6mil mana.

I do not have blast 2 myself, but from the people I know of who have blast 2 say it is not worth the money. The reason for this is the ideal mining technique with blast is to walk 3 blocks down whilst mining the middle block (shown in video) and this limits your mining speed not to how fast you can mine, but to how fast you can walk. Sure you will see differences if you are using gears 4 or flying, but these are very minimal and for an enchant that will cost you an extra 2mil-6mil mana, in my opinion it is not worth it.

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,309 78
Yet again, another brilliant guide! Thank you for taking the time to do this. I have to agree with Spxrklezz, the side-by-side comparison is a very nice addition! I can tell you put a lot of effort into this guide (as with your others, of the same quality!) very helpful to players considering spending money trying to win the Ice Pickaxe, gives them another perspective when considering purchasing keys.

Thank you, Emperor! <3

EmperorBonaparte

MVP
EmperorBonaparte
EmperorBonaparte
MVP
Ratings
Yet again, another brilliant guide! Thank you for taking the time to do this. I have to agree with Spxrklezz, the side-by-side comparison is a very nice addition! I can tell you put a lot of effort into this guide (as with your others, of the same quality!) very helpful to players considering spending money trying to win the Ice Pickaxe, gives them another perspective when considering purchasing keys.

Thank you, Emperor! <3
Thank you for commenting! <3

JuanV

MVP+
JuanV
JuanV
MVP+
Ratings
But blast 2 is For flexing rights.... Although now it shouldn't be done as often consider how rare it is.