Guide: The cost of a max pickaxe

EmperorBonaparte

MVP
EmperorBonaparte
EmperorBonaparte
MVP
Ratings
As mining is a main aspect of the server, many people strive for a max pickaxe, with the highest level enchants possible to get, enchants usually cost mana and the prices go higher every time you get a new enchant level. In this thread I will document the cost of getting a max pick. NB: the prices I list will be the cost of turning a normal pickaxe into a maximum pickaxe, not a starter pick, however the difference is only 26750 mana.

For anyone interested, the formula I made for figuring out the cumulative costs of an enchant at any level is as follows:
The cost increase per level = x
The aspired level = y

(x/2)(y^2+y)

Standard Enchants

Efficiency
Efficiency costs 200*the current level. The max level for efficiency is 99.
It will cost 11000 mana total for Efficiency 10.
It will cost 42000 mana total for Efficiency 20.
It will cost 93000 mana total for Efficiency 30.
It will cost 164000 mana total for Efficiency 40.
It will cost 255000 mana total for Efficiency 50.
It will cost 366000 mana total for Efficiency 60.
It will cost 497000 mana total for Efficiency 70.
It will cost 648000 mana total for Efficiency 80.
It will cost 819000 mana total for Efficiency 90.
It will cost 990000 mana total for Efficiency 99.

Max Efficiency = 990000 Mana

Haste
Haste costs 700*the current level. The max level for haste is 20.
It will cost 38500 mana total for Haste 10.
It will cost 147000 mana total for Haste 20.

Max Haste = 147000 Mana

Fortune
Fortune costs 1200*the current level. The max level for fortune is 25.
It will cost 66000 mana total for Fortune 10.
It will cost 252000 mana total for Fortune 20.
It will cost 390000 mana for Fortune 25.

Max Fortune = 390000 Mana

Unbreaking
Unbreaking costs 75*the current level. The max level for unbreaking is 99.
It will cost 4125 mana total for Unbreaking 10.
It will cost 15750 mana total for Unbreaking 20.
It will cost 34875 mana total for Unbreaking 30.
It will cost 61500 mana total for Unbreaking 40.
It will cost 95625 mana total for Unbreaking 50.
It will cost 137250 mana total for Unbreaking 60.
It will cost 186375 mana total for Unbreaking 70.
It will cost 243000 mana total for Unbreaking 80.
It will cost 307125 mana total for Unbreaking 90.
It will cost 371250 mana total for Unbreaking 99.

Max Unbreaking = 371250 Mana

Explosive
Unbreaking costs 60000. The max level for explosive is 1.
It will cost 60000 mana total for Explosive 1.

Max Explosive = 60000 Mana

Autoblocking
Autoblocking costs 35000. The max level for autoblocking is 1.
It will cost 35000 mana total for Autoblocking 1.

Max Autoblocking = 35000 Mana

Speed
Speed costs 5000*the current level. The max level for speed is 3.
It will cost 30000 mana total for Speed 3.

I should probably say I wouldn't recommend speed currently, there is a glitch with speed where if you aren't holding it you will rubber-band everywhere until you relog / hold it again. It is easier to not get!

Max Speed = 30000 Mana

Autosell
Autosell costs 35000. The max level for autosell is 1.
It will cost 35000 mana total for Autosell 1.

Max Autosell = 35000 Mana

Custom Enchants

Blast
Blast is a custom enchant that could be obtained through a bundle in summer on a shovel, which could then be removed via black scroll, and put on a pickaxe, or more frequently, obtained through using a Christmas Key in 2018 which had a small chance of giving an 'ICE PICK' which had Blast 1 on it.

The max level for blast is blast 2, this could be obtained from getting 2 'ICE PICK'S, using a black scroll on both to get the blast books, then combining them at /warp blacksmith and applying them to a pickaxe.

The blast enchant is extremely expensive due to its rarity and the prices vary.
I have seen blast 1 sell from anywhere between 2000000 mana and 4000000 mana.

This puts the price of max blast at 4000000-8000000 mana.

Max Blast = 4000000-8000000 Mana

Experienced
Experienced has a chance to give twice (or more) the exp of mining when you are using the pickaxe.

The max level of experienced is 1.

Experienced should be able to be purchased for about 10k mana, it is not that expensive.

Max Experienced = 10000 Mana

Hellforged
Hellforged repairs items as you walk, making the repair feature almost useless for your pickaxe.

Hellforged can be obtained through getting mining level 75 and rebirthing through the 'Hephaestus' Challenge' on /rebirth.
At this point you will get 3 hellforged books which can be combined at /warp blacksmith to reach the maximum level of hellforged 3.

Hellforged can also be bought from other players, however it must be pointed out that hellforged is not often sold due to the difficulty of mining level 75 and people wanting to keep their rewards, so it is probably easier to get mining level 75 yourself, and when you're trying to get a max pickaxe, you'll be doing a lot of mining anyway!

I'm not going to include a price of hellforged because I've actually never seen someone posting a sale of one in chat, which shows the rarity of hellforged being sold, so maybe its more likely that you'll pay with time.

Max Hellforged = Free (but you pay with time) Mana

Unobtainable Enchants

Telepathy
Telepathy is an unobtainable enchant which automatically puts items in your inventory when they are mined. This sounds very useless on olympus, because it is. I am not sure if telepathy was ever obtainable, so if you know of someone who has telepathy or have it yourself, post a comment!

If a telepathy book/pickaxe does exist it will most likely be incredibly expensive, due to there not being many (I have never seen one).
I am not going to include telepathy in the final price because it is useless and currently unobtainable.

The max level of Telepathy is 1.

Max Telepathy = Probably quite a lot of Mana

Notable Features

Although these are not new enchants, they certainly add some flare to your pickaxe, however not all can be put on at once, meaning I won't include them in the price, but interesting nonetheless.

Name: Legendary Pickaxe
Legendary is a blacklisted word on /renaming to prevent scamming so having a pickaxe called this is unique!
The way to get a 'Legendary Pickaxe' is to open a legendary chest found at /warp crates, which then has a chance of getting this pick, or you can buy it from someone, although it must be pointed out that this pick is absolutely trash.

Name: Olympian Pickaxe
Olympian is a blacklisted word on /renaming to prevent scamming so having a pickaxe called this is unique!
The way to get an 'Olympian Pickaxe' is to open a perk chest found at /warp crates, which then has a chance of getting the olympian kit which contains this pick, or you can buy it from someone.

Name: ICE PICK
Ice is a blacklisted word on /renaming to prevent scamming so having a pickaxe called this is unique!
The way to get an 'ICE PICK' is to open a christmas chest found at /spawn, which was available in christmas 2018, which then has a small chance of getting this pick, or you can buy it from someone.

Lore: Exclusive Christmas 2018
Lore cannot be set by any rank, so having a pick with this on it is notable.
The way to get the Exclusive Christmas 2018 lore is to get an 'ICE PICK' from a christmas chest found at /spawn, which was available in christmas 2018, which then has a small chance of getting this pick, or you can buy it from someone.

Old Custom Enchant: Yellow Haste
Haste used to be a custom enchant on olympus, if you applied it to a pickaxe it would be yellow. After haste was added to /exchange you could upgrade your haste and it would remain yellow.
I have only seen one person with this pickaxe who is IceJellyIce, a long-term player of olympus.

Final Price

The total cost of a fully enchanted pickaxe, with every enchant excluding telepathy and blast is 2068250 Mana.
The total cost of a fully enchanted pickaxe, with every enchant excluding telepathy is 6068250-1068250 Mana depending on the price you manage to get blast at.
After reading this, don't be put off by the high price! A max pickaxe isn't necessary so don't worry about getting one. I would recommend Efficiency 20 (for guaranteed instabreak), unbreaking 20 (just to be safe), hellforged 2 (a relatively cheap way to avoid repairs), and fortune 25 (you should always get max fortune asap).

Thanks for reading my guide! If I missed anything, please point it out as I'm sure there are more unique lores and names that I missed!

Last edited: