[Guide] Writing A Good Staff Application

jasuuss

Ratings

Welcome, fellow ManaCube users!

Let me start off by saying, I realize all servers and staff officials are different. This is not factual, yet merely based off of my own experiences, opinions, and the knowledge I have picked up over the years.

So, I am not going to sit here and tell you what to write, but rather act as a helping hand and hopefully provide a bit of guidance for those who need it.

Have you read all of the requirements? They can be found here:
http://forums.manacube.com/threads/new-application-info-requirements-need-to-know.10605/

Writing Your Application

Before I start off with some vital points, I wanted to say, when it comes to writing your application, no one can tell you what to write. Keep it genuine and unique to you.
Do not copy, plagiarizing will get you instantly denied.

Time -

Please, take your time on your application. If you want to impress the readers, the standard you want to meet is not going to be accomplished in 10 minutes. The minimum standard which some may want to surpass, to show dedication and how much they want the role, will not be achieved with a number of words less than the 750+ word count requirement.

ManaCube needs and deserves staff who are dedicated, friendly, ready to make an effort to help the server develop profoundly, and are capable of setting a good example, among other things. Why not go the extra mile and really show them how worthy you are of the role?

Detail -
Pay close attention to detail, readers learn and understand who you are from your application, so yes, it is important. Detail is a great way to properly convey your thoughts and give your application a sense of professionalism.

Don’t get me wrong, you don’t want to stretch what could be summarized in a sentence or two out to big paragraphs, staff assess certain skills you demonstrate, which help them better decide whether or not you’d be fit for the role, so an immense amount of detail will hopefully give the reader an accurate and deep enough understanding as to who you are, what you've developed, and what you're writing.

Grammar/Communication -
Grammar and communication skills are important. Not only is it preferred you demonstrate an at least basic grammar and communication skill level in your application, but should you get accepted, it also comes in very handy when working to effectively get your point across, give directions, and provide assurance of leadership abilities.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’ve probably made a ton of grammatical errors in this guide. We don’t have to be perfect. But, grammar in general, is highly suggested when trying to persuade a community to support your application.

Formatting

Using the tools under the thread title, you can change the way your thread looks. You don't want to go over the top and have lots of bright colours flying at the reader from all angles and cause eye strain or have your questions and answers all bunched together, but keeping your application looking nice, sharp, spaced out, and bold, will draw users in and make people more inclined to read what you have to say, but it also looks professional and shows you care about your applications appearance.

NOTES

I HIGHLY recommend proof reading your staff application before posting it for the whole world to read. It is too often a case of someone not having proof read their staff application, thus having a better chance of the application containing mistakes and more room for improvement.

In my opinion, good staff applications should be geniune, error-free, and full of integrity!

You may want to also consider that your presence among the server and community is important, and your overall reputation could very well be an un-deciding reader's last consideration when choosing whether or not to support your application.

Staff’s Advice

I was going to go over the application questions, but honestly, if they aren't all self-explanatory enough, they also have a quick note underneath the question boxes, so I didn't think it'd be necessary.

That pretty much concludes this guide. I know it wasn't super long and in depth but like I said, I didn't want to add stuff just for sake of making the guide longer.

If you have any feedback, questions, suggestions, problems or concerns, please let me know below!

Attachments

Last edited:

Zero

Donator
Ratings
A really nice guide! You did a really good job making this. I'm sure a lot of people is going to use this guide. Well done:)

jasuuss

Ratings
A really nice guide! You did a really good job making this. I'm sure a lot of people is going to use this guide. Well done:)
Thank you, Zero! :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1502850411][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is going to be helpful for a lot of new members thinking of applying, thank you!
I am glad you like it, I appreciate it!
[DOUBLEPOST=1502850491][/DOUBLEPOST]
jasuuss Hello, Loving the thread, it is a lovely thread and I am really happy you did such a great thing. <3
Thank you Johniee, I'm glad you like it :D