Rejected Heaven-like Themed Parkour Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Hi! My name is TheNode (That is my IGN), and I made this parkour map with a kind of heaven-like theme in mind. There's quite a variety in jumps, like ladders, glass panes, fences etc.

This map was made without the help of anyone else, 100% me.

The warp to the parkour is /plot h TheNode 1

I would say this map should be rated at Medium difficulty, it has somewhere around 40 jumps but they are more on the difficult side which is why I don't think Easy difficulty would work too well.

[EDIT] - I've changed up a few things with the map, added a little more to it, fixed some of the jumps etc. based off of what Lxcify has said below in the comments. I have updated the screenshots.

Other than that, I hope you enjoy the map!

Attachments

Last edited:

Lxcify

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Ratings
119 3
Hey!

The course itself looks really great, but when actually doing the course it can be confusing. Sometimes I had to look pretty hard to find the way, and a few jumps are actually impossible. If you change these little flaws, and maybe add a little more to the course, I feel like this could get accepted.

Good luck!
Lucas

Ratings
I'm gonna have to agree with Lucas, some of the jumps are impossible and confusing! it also just looks a bit sporadic and messy in some places, I feel like you could clean it up more!

Nick
I have confirmed that none of the jumps are impossible, I have tried my best to clean it up, and I think I will leave it as it is.

daniel.

MVP+
vaen
vaen
MVP+
Ratings
125 3
Unoriginal theme, messy, lots of 'floating jumps', unappealing and no variation of jumps. By the looks of things currently it will not get accepted.

Ratings
I'd have to say that "unoriginal theme" is a bit of an interesting thing to judge as a lot of the parkours on the server have the same theme as other ones. As far as messy goes, fair enough. I'm not sure why you see a problem with floating jumps? Overall, I guess I appreciate your criticism

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Helloo,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

Just to make it clear, we prefer having more original themes so it doesn't get too repetitive and boring. For the course, I'd also say to build one main build and connect your jumps to it. This way the course looks nicer and more appealing to look at in general. If you want some good examples, take a look at the ones at the end of /log, which happen to be the newer courses. The variety in jumps however, is great. You have decent knowledge about parkour and type of jumps, so I'd love to see that back in the future.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)
Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Submission format: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
List of current maps/themes: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/#post-73063
Map difficulty guide: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/map-difficulty-guide.16797/

Status
Not open for further replies.