Reviewing horsebossmaster - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by horsebossmaster, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horsebossmaster

MVP

Ratings:
    +107 / 7
    Your Minecraft username
    horsebm

What server are you applying for
    Survival

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Amanda

Country or Timezone
    est(Maryland, United States)

Discord username horsebm#4904

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
    I've been a member of the minevast/manacube community for years now, and I finally wanna give back to it. Most of the survival mods aren't on during the afternoon hours of the day(timezones/jobs suck) and I fell like there should be someone there to watch over the server. I feel that sometimes, when a staff member is not online in a situation, you should remind the "rule breaker" that he/shes breaking the rules and that something bad could happen. Very often, there are hackers/rule breakers online and no ones really there to stop it. I feel like I've really matured over the past month or two, when I previously applied.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I joined when MineVast was a thing, and now ive logged over 600 hours on survival(season1,2,3, and kinda 4)

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    Depends on my schedule, but 1/2 hours a day.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    Kindness/Happiness: I feel that without these attributes, nothing would happen. TBH just gotta think happy thoughts and have fun!

Maturity: I was really thinking about this one, but I at 17 I feel that I'm ready for the role as a staff member. AKA making smart, respectful, mature decisions.

Responsibility: This is a hard thing to get/understand. You have to sometimes go down to another players point of view and help them from there. If someone doesn't want something done/taken from them you have to understand that that is theirs(respect that that's theirs).

Knowledge of the rules: Over time, I've gained knowledge of the rules such as requirements for bans/mutes, and so on.

I also try not to hurt people, and I respect their problems in life.

Personally, I find myself a fun person to talk to, and others reflect that. No matter the situation, I got you.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    I used to teach little kids how to ride horses lol. It takes time and patience to finally get them to do something correct. Having patience with people is an important virtue to have as many people online (for example) don't type as fast or they speak another language.

Not succeeding- Stuff happens, and you might loose. You just gotta redeem yourself and renew relationships and try again.

Over the summer, I experienced a training camp that taught me to be myself and accept everyone. It taught me to be a leader, how to work in groups, and how to work through tough situations.

Getting stuff done: You need to set goals, for example, "I'm gonna try to dig this whole chunk out in an hour". AKA you need to get stuff done as staff such as helping people, responding to questions asked, and to assist people in need of assisting.

Teaching people how to ride horses: Ah teaching, how society works. I fell that without this, nothing would happen. Sometimes when new people join the server, I say, :"Welcome! To get started type /p for info, enjoy!"

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    Experience of the server: I've been playing on survival for (as it seems) years. I help people daily, and if someones breaking a rule or such, I remind them not to do that so that they can continue to enjoy the server without trouble.

Telling the truth even in hard situations: Nothing good can come out of a lie. If you do something(such as stealing from a party member on survival) and if they know you took it, they're gonna get pissy if you try to hide it from them. I try not to lie to anyone, and if I do and they find out, I apologize profoundly to them and try to make it up.

Teaching new things to people: Sometimes, someone asks a question as in how do color codes work or if they don't know how to make something. Someone asked me once, "Horsay, how can I make my name blue and black?". I responded with " Use the color codes &1 and &0, alternating the two"

Having fun(!): This in my opinion is the most important. While being staff, you have to remember to have fun! Once and awhile, I'd tell a story or host drop parties at spawn

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    A role of a staff member is to enforce the rules of the server so everyone can have fun! If someone is rude, disrespectful, or being a jerk, someone should take action. Mods should enhance the sensation of the game. Staff should be easy to get along with and easy to work with. They should prioritize and do their job as staff. Players should look up to staff as reliable, and good-doing people, role models.

Are you able to use recording software?
    https://imgur.com/CLzZptO Yes, I use ShareX

Anything else we should know?
    Some information is taken from my previous application.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TheHammerOfSteel

TheHammerOfSteel Active Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 16
    +1 helpful when i need to know stuff on survival + is nice to speak to

• Like Like x 1
  3. horsebossmaster

MVP

Ratings:
    +107 / 7
    Thank you Hammer!

• Like Like x 1
  4. PancakezRule5

VIP+

Ratings:
    +122 / 6
    +1, you are a great person and really easy to have a conversation with, and very helpful, Good Luck!

• Like Like x 1
  5. horsebossmaster

MVP

Ratings:
    +107 / 7
    Thanks Kyle!

6. FakkaOG

FakkaOG Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I really like your application, its very detailed and professional, i saw you a lot online so i know you are very active and i wish you the best of luck, in my opinion you would be a great staff member. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. horsebossmaster

MVP

Ratings:
    +107 / 7
    Aw thanks! You're also very kind in game/chat! :)

8. FakkaOG

FakkaOG Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thank you I really appreciate that.

9. Dave

MVP

Ratings:
    +49 / 3
    yes +1

• Like Like x 1
  10. _Bunstop_

_Bunstop_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 4
    +1 Great app

11. SantiagoJMK05

SantiagoJMK05 Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I don't play survival much (normally on parlour and creative) but from your lovely application and what others have been suggesting about you means that there is only one thing I can give....
    +1

12. ✘ Zoqzey ✘

Ratings:
    +25 / 11
    +1, people like you do we need

13. Nightshadow07

Nightshadow07 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 2
    +1

Reasons stated above

14. EPGaming

VIP

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    +1, very nice and informative to read. Hope you become staff!

15. WElRDO

WElRDO Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    +1 Amazingly nice, and cool.

16. horsebossmaster

MVP

Ratings:
    +107 / 7
    Thank y'all!

• Like Like x 1
  17. aleck

aleck Active Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 4
    +1 i dont play survival at all but, when you're on creative you're really nice

• Like Like x 1
  18. ThePigeonGamer

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I don't play survival that much but I think this app is very good. Good luck! +1

• Like Like x 1
  19. SleepyDiva

SleepyDiva Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Your application is very detailed and you’ve put a lot of thought into this. You seem nice and friendly too. I really hope to see you as staff in the future.
    +1
    Gl! :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. SunsetMagic

SunsetMagic Network Manager
    Manager MVP+ VIP+ VIP Helper Management QA Team

Ratings:
    +659 / 20
    SunsetMagic
    Hello Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me on the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Sunset#3438], I am quicker to respond there.

Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.

The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
    Sunset

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.