Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
English, Dutch, Portuguese Understand spanish (italian) and a bit french (but cant write/read).
Woah that's a lot! Wdym Spanish (Italian) unless I'm having a major moment here of idiocy aren't they 2 very seperate languages?

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I speak English of course, and I can read and write decent German. My speaking needs a trip to Germany for me to really feel confident in...
I also know a little bit of Korean just from watching k-dramas, variety shows, and listening to k-pop for many years. Not a ton...but a little.

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Well French (since I'm from France) and English, I also learn a bit Spanish at school, but I forgot everything so I do not really count this one. Oh and I learnt English mostly on the server, my English was really crap before coming here, but now I guess I improved ? c:

Mushey

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mushey
Mushey
ELITE
Ratings
69 1
Obviously like many people here I speak fluent English, I have a Chinese background, so I can speak and understand it but I am basically illiterate when it comes to reading it and writing. Since I live in Canada as well, you are taught French, so I can speak a good bit of that and keep a steady conversation going. As well as write it and read it!

FluffyMillow

ELITE
FluffyMillow
FluffyMillow
ELITE
Ratings
I speak like almost 7 languages on my country 4 of them fluently... 3 50% fluent xD

and some words are the same sound but different meaning that's why i get confused a lot

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I speak like almost 7 languages on my country 4 of them fluently... 3 50% fluent xD

and some words are the same sound but different meaning that's why i get confused a lot
Oh cool!
What languages do you speak?

iserik

ELITE
iserik
iserik
ELITE
Ratings
48 6
I can speak 2 languages, Swedish and English fluent. But I know some German not much tho. But I am learning more.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Filipino, English, Ibanag, Ilocano, Spanish(not fluent), Itawis(not fluent), German(not fluent)
Are the Ibanag and Ilocano ones variations/local languages in the Phillipines?

DrPhilThanos

MVP
DrPhilThanos
DrPhilThanos
MVP
Ratings
Hi all!
Its 4am and I can't sleep so I've decided that we haven't had enough conversational pieces within the forums as of late! My question simply put is How many languages do you speak and how did you learn them?

I speak 1 language fluently which is obviously English, however I also speak or rather read and speak good French and a little Spanish
The reason I know French is most of my family was fluent and I just kind of picked up some Spanish!

- Raptor
Well if I payed more attention in school I'd know French and if I took it upon myself to also learn Italian(my family is Italian) I'd know 3 languages sadly I only know English so oof.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I can speak 2 languages, Swedish and English fluent. But I know some German not much tho. But I am learning more.
So is Swedish or English your native language, also have you got a favourite phrase in German?

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Well if I payed more attention in school I'd know French and if I took it upon myself to also learn Italian(my family is Italian) I'd know 3 languages sadly I only know English so oof.
I mean if I paid more attention I'd be able to do more with French then just read a lot of it aha! Its really interesting how many people have learnt French in this thread. For how many years did you learn French in school.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
my original language Ybanag is not really that common and Ilocano is the most common hometown language in the northern area and second will be ybanag
There you go!!
What about German and Spanish did you learn those in school?

iserik

ELITE
iserik
iserik
ELITE
Ratings
48 6
Dont know many Phrases in German. I am from Sweden and live here so ofcourse i know Swedish.
But I know English. As in sweden we start learning English in third grade.

DrPhilThanos

MVP
DrPhilThanos
DrPhilThanos
MVP
Ratings
I mean if I paid more attention I'd be able to do more with French then just read a lot of it aha! Its really interesting how many people have learnt French in this thread. For how many years did you learn French in school.
Well I live in Canada so we had to learn french and I think I started in like grade 4 and it was mandatory up until grade 9, but I'm a special exception (along with some other students)I had like bad time in french and I have like some issues with school in general lol so they actually didn't make me take french for grade 9 so ye.