How to earn mana the fastest while mining

EmperorBonaparte

MVP
EmperorBonaparte
EmperorBonaparte
MVP
Ratings
I made a video showing the different common mining techniques used and wanted to compare their mana/min.

I know explosive is disgusting but I had no other good pickaxe without blast :S

1:40 - Vertical Blast finishes
2:50 - Horizontal Blast finishes
4:00 - Horiztontal finishes
5:10 - Top Down finishes

I am very surprised by the results! (and slightly annoyed because I used top down to get to mining 81, turns out its slow).
I don't have a blast 2 pickaxe so if someone would like to time their mining for 1 minute and record their mana increase, post your results below!

I do not think this is exact, as I could always improve in my mining, but the results are very different so I would be prepared to say the order is accurate.

Why the discrepancy?
Some might notice that blast can be 5x faster than normal mining, when my other guide displayed that blast was 2x faster. I have two theories as to why this is. The first is that I use explosive, which does limit mana, making the results for the non-blast pickaxes slightly worse. The second is that blast mines a 3x3 area, but gives 10 mana for this. I believe this is because the mana increases when you mine the first block, and then blast increases the mana by 9 manually, making a total of 10 (this also works for /mining and /).