How to Fix the Volcano (And make it more unique)

Ratings
6 4
Suggestions for Improving the PVP-Mine

Make magma sell for 5-10 mana instead of $5000. This would incentivize more high-level players to go to the volcano, and increase competitiveness for the resources. (A full inventory at 10 mana/magma would be 22.4k mana)

Allow the mine to be accessed by all players. This would also increase competitiveness for resources, and coupled with the next few suggestions, would greatly benefit both new and old players.

Nerf Implants/Introduce new enchants that counter it. I've seen this plugin for custom enchants before. I know the enchants are changeable, and as such, I have a few suggestions for this overly-powered enchant.

1) Strengthen Viper. Having a stronger poison effect that protects more-often would weaken the regeneration 3 that implants offers, and as such, would mean a player with implants would need to be safer.

2) Add Wither. By typing /enchant wither, you can see that it already exists, and that coupled with Viper would likely be enough to hit through implants, making them both requirements to fight implants.

3) Fix the Alpha enchantment. This would allow dogs to deal additional damage to help deal with the regeneration(also fix slayer for dogs)

4) Beyond these few suggestions, there are some other suggestions that can change PvP and strengthen players. These include Deathbringer, Enrage, and Execute, which can all be seen with the command /enchant [enchant name].

Connect the magma merchants to the rest of the volcano. The merchant should be near the back of the volcano, and should instead require some sort task to reach (I.E. pressing a button that takes 3-4 seconds of redstone to open a door). This would prevent players from running away in pvp, selling their magma, and then dying.

WqreWqlf

VIP
WqreWqlf
WqreWqlf
VIP
Ratings
42 2
I feel like the whole point of having the Volcano was a way for newer player's to make some good money but at a price.
However, your suggestion is very good.
I suggest you add it to the "Idea's and Feedback" page. People will probably look at this more there. Personally I like the idea.

Badlyy

Ratings
6 4
I feel like the whole point of having the Volcano was a way for newer player's to make some good money but at a price.
However, your suggestion is very good.
I suggest you add it to the "Idea's and Feedback" page. People will probably look at this more there. Personally I like the idea.

Badlyy
Thanks for the feedback, I've already sent it in as a suggestion, so I'm just waiting for approval, and then I'll link it back here.

I know what you mean by making it a way for newer players to make some money, but by the time players reach hero rank, they're not really new and realistically should be looking towards building farms and grinders. I feel like by changing the currency to mana(Only item in the game that would be able to sell for mana directly) you'd get a lot more players, new and old in the volcano competing for the resources.

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Hi! I see you talking about the PVP volcano often in chat, I also know that you also use it frequently. Even thought having the volcano has brought some PVP and a bit more competitiveness to Olympus I would also personally like to see some of these changes implemented. These suggestions seem to be well thought out and that they could make a positive impact on the PVP that happens on Olympus.

Thank you for adding it to the suggestions page as well! Love to see ya'll giving feedback.

HumanNotPig

Dedicated Member
MVP
HumanNotPig
HumanNotPig
MVP
Ratings
138 12
I literally never PVP on this server, or any server to be honest, but these all seem like really good ideas. I’d love to see some (if not all) of these ideas implemented. They’re clearly well thought out and I agree the volcano needs a rebalance.

pretzel3567

ELITE
Pretzel3567
Pretzel3567
ELITE
Ratings
9 1
I agree with a lot of this, however I don't believe that magma should be sold for mana. One of my biggest peeves with the volcano is that you get no mana or mining xp for mining magma. Due to that, although you get more money, you lose out on the xp and mana which is crucial for lower ranks. And then after they rank up a while, they now have the ability to create larger grinders which completely obsoletes the volcano. I personally feel that if they gave 1 mana and 1 xp per magma block mined, along with increasing the sell price, would greatly increase the amount of people that use it. As for enchants, 2 things you forgot to mention was Drunk and Rage. Currently Drunk does absolutely nothing, it is supposed to give slowness and strength. And as for Rage it doesnt appear to work either. If these enchants work, then it would be possible to overcome the passive regen of implants, being, according to https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Regeneration, would be able to overcome the .8 dps required to actually deal damage. Which that number is ofc increased by the roughly -80% damage reduction from full prot V and the -20% damage reduction from the ancient set bonus, which doesnt actually give the resistance status effect, so i have no idea if it actually works. Those 2 enchants could allow for actual damage to be done if one could build up the rage. If these are introduced, which I dont see as radical changes, the enchants are bugs anyway that should be fixed, then i feel as if the volcano would actually get used more often and serve