11inchgunclub
11inchgunclub
MVP+
Ratings
48 1
Ancient trials header.png

thought i was done huh?

coollogo_com-6136198.png

Wave 9 is annoying as can be. Blazes, ghasts and 4 iron golems.

Try to kill the blazes first. Each blaze shoots 3 fire charges than can actually set you on fire.
However, if any ghasts just appear in front of you, shoot them. They're also very annoying.
Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 11.52.02 AM.png

What you want to do with the IGs is get all 4 of them and keep walking around the area with the fire. The igs will literally walk through that. Also, always keep at least 1 stack of arrows for the boss. If you have extra arrows, you can use them on the IGs.
Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 11.55.02 AM.png

coollogo_com-6138268.png

Your final challenge is here. But he's not that hard. Just keep running around the outer-most ring and keep shooting him.

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 11.56.54 AM.png

Sometimes he changes stats.

He might shoot wither skeleton skulls which give you Wither II, or he shoots fire at you.

He also shoots snowballs at one point which give you slowness and mining fatigue.

He also charges at you and when he hits you, you get nausea for a few seconds.

When he "conjures up frost pools", keep your distance because it can cause a HUGE lag spike, which might lead to your loss.

He may sound impossible. But he has a weakness. He gets stuck in the cauldrons. Because of the way that the mobs move in trials, Zulrah will do the annoying spin and get himself stuck in the cauldrons. It's usually based on luck but it happens pretty much every time. I don't think there are any discovered ways to manipulate the probability of this happening.

But keep shooting him with arrows and make sure to keep your distance. You will be sure to win.
Good luck in your trials and have fun!

Hydro's youtube
Part 1
Part 2

Last edited:

bca_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
bca_
bca_
ELITE
Ratings
108 6
Never tried ancient trials before, but now that it forsnt look to hard, I'll definitely go for it! Love the guides.

HyDr0KT

PATRON
HyDr0KT
HyDr0KT
Patron
Ratings
97 5
Hello.

Appreciate that you took your time out and made a detailed written guide! Good luck and have fun to anyone who is just starting to do their trial for the first time!

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
I’m glad I waited before attempting the trials, personally I’m bad at PvE (not as bad as I am with PvP, but still I’m up there).

I really appreciate this guide, and that you put time and effort into it and really went into a lot of good details. It’s a nice touch that you broke up the different waves and put detail into all of them. This guide is extremely helpful and informative and will definitely help out new and existing players, especially as the ancient trials are relatively new.

Keep up the good work, Bonkyboii <3

11inchgunclub

MVP+
11inchgunclub
11inchgunclub
MVP+
Ratings
48 1
Never tried ancient trials before, but now that it forsnt look to hard, I'll definitely go for it! Love the guides.
Go for it! it's extremely rewarding once you get the hang of it.

Hello.

Appreciate that you took your time out and made a detailed written guide! Good luck and have fun to anyone who is just starting to do their trial for the first time!
I could not have done this without you. Thank you so much for your footage.

I’m glad I waited before attempting the trials, personally I’m bad at PvE (not as bad as I am with PvP, but still I’m up there).

I really appreciate this guide, and that you put time and effort into it and really went into a lot of good details. It’s a nice touch that you broke up the different waves and put detail into all of them. This guide is extremely helpful and informative and will definitely help out new and existing players, especially as the ancient trials are relatively new.

Keep up the good work, Bonkyboii <3
Thank you! I just wanted to make sure that I included as much visual imagery as possible, as people are more visual learners than written.

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
I think you should probably write up a guide for people who use the archer kit or the warrior kit. You make them really good and not everyone likes tank. (No idea why but thats how people are)

(I'm still salty that trials got more attention on olympus than they did on skyblock :p)

el_penguino3

MVP+
el_penguino3
el_penguino3
MVP+
Ratings
not everyone likes tank. (No idea why but thats how people are)
From reading through the guide, it seems like the main strategy is to get a bow and lots of arrows, then shoot everything that needs being shot.
From this, the only advantage the tank kit gives you, is the ability to "tank" the melee units fairly easily.

My strategy is to go as an archer (infinite arrows and all) and just shoot everything. (I have the same strategy as in this guide for dealing with endermen.)

For the last round, I can kite Zulrah to get stuck behind the anvils flanking the entrances to the outer ring area. Then I just shoot Zulrah to death from a safe vantage point (only the fireballs can reach me).

Ratings
Why kill blaze first when u can be invincible with fire potion which cost only 5 level xp btw kill them in this order : Ghast > iron golem > blazes

11inchgunclub

MVP+
11inchgunclub
11inchgunclub
MVP+
Ratings
48 1
Thanks for the help, Hydr0KT also has a YT video that is a guide!
yes lol which i quoted frequently xD

fire potion can last u from the rounds with blazes to round 10
You don't really need fire potions if you're good at dodging. I'm not saying exactly what you should do. it's just a strategy.

I actually managed to do it, (using this guide) thanks Boonk:)
congrats dude!

From reading through the guide, it seems like the main strategy is to get a bow and lots of arrows, then shoot everything that needs being shot.
From this, the only advantage the tank kit gives you, is the ability to "tank" the melee units fairly easily.

My strategy is to go as an archer (infinite arrows and all) and just shoot everything. (I have the same strategy as in this guide for dealing with endermen.)

For the last round, I can kite Zulrah to get stuck behind the anvils flanking the entrances to the outer ring area. Then I just shoot Zulrah to death from a safe vantage point (only the fireballs can reach me).
literally your own guide there xD but i think it takes too long to kill stuff. my preference.
I think you should probably write up a guide for people who use the archer kit or the warrior kit. You make them really good and not everyone likes tank. (No idea why but thats how people are)

(I'm still salty that trials got more attention on olympus than they did on skyblock :p)
I might consider this at some point.