MVP+
11inchgunclub
11inchgunclub
MVP+
Ratings
48 1
Ancient trials header.png

What are ancient trials, anyway?
Ancient trials were originally introduced on skyblock and was brought over to Olympus. It is a fun PvE-based minigame that has 10 waves, each getting gradually harder and harder.
Are there any good rewards?
Tons. You can get souls, tempfly, sellwand, cosmetics, etc. You can even get a super over-the-top victor tag that's a whopping 5000 tokens. I guess it never hurts to flex on the haters.

Without any further ado, let's jump right into the winning strategy.

The class that is the best for trials as of now is the tank class. It has a full set of non-enchanted diamond armour with a stone sword. Sounds weak, but trust me. The diamond armour is the main utilisation as it's obtainable right from the get-go.

coollogo_com-6739799.png

Wave 1 is easy. I like to use a strategy that I call the "Hydro-Perch". Named after popular manacubian HyDr0KT who invented/popularized the tactic, it involves sitting on the ledge that you see when you spawn in the arena.
Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 10.30.10 PM.png

The reason this strategy is so effective is because the only thing you have to do is stand there and crit all the zombies, as they can't hit you back.
See how easy it is?

coollogo_com-36991186.png

Wave 2 is similar to wave 1, except you get more zombies and a few skeletons. The idea is pretty much the same, except you kill all the skeletons off first so they can't shoot you off the ledge. Which gives away the obvious strategy, the Hydro-perch.

coollogo_com-83761346.png

Wave 3 is BY FAR one of the more irritating ones. I know I said they get harder, but seriously. It's debatable that this round is harder than wave 4 and 5. The reason for this is the bloody wither skeletons. The mobs in trials have a weird movement pattern. They always do some kind of funky spin to try and get you off-guard - then they stab you. It's infuriating. Nonetheless, here's how to beat it.
Kill all the zombie pigmen first. They're super annoying. Especially since they also follow the same weird movement pattern. But with diamond armour, you can easily saw through them. just don't let them build up too much. There's strength in numbers.

The wither skeletons are the real challenge. They have a low trigger radius, so try picking them off one-by-one. Don't let them build up on you.

coollogo_com-83761349.png

Has got to be one of the easiest rounds. it's magma cubes and shulkers. Free exp.
Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 8.51.03 PM.png

The shulkers are a bit irritating, though. Keep circle-strafing and hitting them and you''re all good.

Here's where the EXP meter becomes important.
By the end of round 4, you should have around 70 levels, given you don't spend any. Give or take.
Here's what you do with them.

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 8.54.53 PM.png

You'll see why, in the part 2 of this.
Only making a part 2 because the filesize limit is 10 lmfao

Part 2
Part 3

Attachments

Last edited:

GamingLoot

Ratings
28 1
View attachment 12639
What are ancient trials, anyway?
Ancient trials were originally introduced on skyblock and was brought over to Olympus. It is a fun PvE-based minigame that has 10 waves, each getting gradually harder and harder.
Are there any good rewards?
Tons. You can get souls, tempfly, sellwand, cosmetics, etc. You can even get a super over-the-top victor tag that's a whopping 5000 tokens. I guess it never hurts to flex on the haters.

Without any further ado, let's jump right into the winning strategy.

The class that is the best for trials as of now is the tank class. It has a full set of non-enchanted diamond armour with a stone sword. Sounds weak, but trust me. The diamond armour is the main utilisation as it's obtainable right from the get-go.

View attachment 12640
Wave 1 is easy. I like to use a strategy that I call the "Hydro-Perch". Named after popular manacubian HyDr0KT who invented/popularized the tactic, it involves sitting on the ledge that you see when you spawn in the arena.
View attachment 12641
The reason this strategy is so effective is because the only thing you have to do is stand there and crit all the zombies, as they can't hit you back.
See how easy it is?

View attachment 12644
Wave 2 is similar to wave 1, except you get more zombies and a few skeletons. The idea is pretty much the same, except you kill all the skeletons off first so they can't shoot you off the ledge. Which gives away the obvious strategy, the Hydro-perch.

View attachment 12646
Wave 3 is BY FAR one of the more irritating ones. I know I said they get harder, but seriously. It's debatable that this round is harder than wave 4 and 5. The reason for this is the bloody wither skeletons. The mobs in trials have a weird movement pattern. They always do some kind of funky spin to try and get you off-guard - then they stab you. It's infuriating. Nonetheless, here's how to beat it.
Kill all the zombie pigmen first. They're super annoying. Especially since they also follow the same weird movement pattern. But with diamond armour, you can easily saw through them. just don't let them build up too much. There's strength in numbers.

The wither skeletons are the real challenge. They have a low trigger radius, so try picking them off one-by-one. Don't let them build up on you.

View attachment 12650
Has got to be one of the easiest rounds. it's magma cubes and shulkers. Free exp.
View attachment 12651
The shulkers are a bit irritating, though. Keep circle-strafing and hitting them and you''re all good.

Here's where the EXP meter becomes important.
By the end of round 4, you should have around 70 levels, given you don't spend any. Give or take.
Here's what you do with them.

View attachment 12652

You'll see why, in the part 2 of this.
Only making a part 2 because the filesize limit is 10 lmfao
This is a very useful guide! I am very glad you made this so other can learn how to make these easier, it is also good for advanced people who are wanting to either get other ways to do the trials or to learn how other people do them (since ancient trials are also really annoying to do)

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
Thank you, Bonkyboi (@Big Boy Daniel) for creating such an in-depth and helpful guide! It’s clear you put a lot of time (time you could be using to sleep :p) and effort into it.

Truly is a really helpful guide, looking forward to part 2 (if it isn’t already up).

11inchgunclub

MVP+
11inchgunclub
11inchgunclub
MVP+
Ratings
48 1
This is a very useful guide! I am very glad you made this so other can learn how to make these easier, it is also good for advanced people who are wanting to either get other ways to do the trials or to learn how other people do them!
thank you! part 2 and 3 are up now :)
+99 THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR THIS!!! :):):mc_38-0:
Great, informative post. Maybe it'll be 12th time lucky for me next time I try...
Thank you, Bonkyboi (@Big Boy Daniel) for creating such an in-depth and helpful guide! It’s clear you put a lot of time (time you could be using to sleep :p) and effort into it.

Truly is a really helpful guide, looking forward to part 2 (if it isn’t already up).
Thank you all! Part 2 and 3 are up now!