(Idea - Party System inc. Party Chat!) Wanna join my party, chat? (Global)

Dear Reader, would you appreciate this (non-original yet useful) idea?

• Why most certainly!

• Well, our humble author, it may be high time to return to the drawing board...

• There is something here but... (Comment idea/review below).

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ratings
12 2
Dear Reader, :mc_386-0:

Have YOU ever joined ManaCube with a group of friends, wanting a private discussion about upcoming projects, looming deadlines, or being close to missing your Minecraft Roleplay Wedding? Well, as of currently this rather trivial issue can be seen as something really rather challenging, although simplistic in idea I propose introducing a Server Specific party system, including Party Chat, which could be accessed across different gamemodes within the server (all of the party members would have to be in the same gamemode I.E Creative for the party system to work, rather than crossing servers to keep it simple). It would help groups of people play the server without having to fight the constant onslaught of I.P postings, Community Banter and some inconsiderate blasphemer and allow for parties of players to talk privately without having to embarrass themselves in public chat.

For me personally, this is somewhat of a necessity, since I am on creative mainly with friends it is hard to maintain conversation via chat as our only current option is to utilise plot chat. So what does that mean, and why is that not good enough, you may ask yourselves. WELL, my dear reader, you see there are a number of players who constantly inconstantly teleport to your plot and intrude on very private topics, where role plays can be interrupted and private discussion can be misinterpreted into offensive language, although as I am sure most people are aware, Manacube has very relaxed rules on cussing and discussion, still holding limits which maintain safety within the chats themselves but ultimately it is merely subjective to whom is the reader. Besides this, Plot Chat limits both or multiple players to having to linger on the same plot, meaning in many cases only one key person can continue to build whilst others have to sit around depressingly waiting for their turn to build and talk.

Although this is something that was once previously tackled, with the Guild System, I think that a party system would be beneficial for the majority of players. A benefit too for the moderating and helper teams, as parties would be kept to private conversations between those who WANT to talk to each other, the rules could be even more relaxed for those friends who want to make banter something a bit more interpersonal, not only this but Socialspy's capabilities as a plugin and/or most other alternatives wouldn't be able to withstand the demands of a party chat, making these chats more liable to the players themselves than in the control of the server rules. Reports could be filed to the staff team in extreme cases, but it would ultimately be the responsibility of the player to converse appropriately and only with those who they are familiar and comfortable with, to ensure minimal issues with this idea.

Thank you my dear Readers, I now close this book and await your (harsh) judgement! :mc_387-0:
MyGingerLife (a.k.a I kinda feel like the Forums version of a Wicked Shakespearean influenced author just without the vintage flair or fashion).

P.S I am fully aware of the Friends Messaging System, but this is limited to one person, meaning it is only as efficient as /msg at communicating with multiple people, which, if you have tried it you will know it definitely isn't that. :)

Last edited:

locoMoose

Ratings
I think this is a good idea because there's been times where I'll be trying to speak to multiple friends at once & it'll become more of a hassle than I would like. +1

LiterallyJack

ELITE
LiterallyJack
LiterallyJack
ELITE
Ratings
41 3
This is a good idea, many servers implement this and it can be quite fun being able to go between party/guild chats and all chats, another way this can be used is if it was bungee integrated. Meaning 1 person could talk from KitPvP with someone in the party who is in Creative and so on and not be limited by being on the same server.

I'd like to give this a +1.

Keep up with the good ideas!

~ Jack (GingerNinjaJ)

Ratings
It's not fun to have to message individual friends your joke in a conversation
please implement this idea so I can be the comedian I always dreamed of being
(no, seriously, please) +1

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
I know that Olympus has "clan chat" which is essentially the same thing as what you're suggesting. Members of the clan, can do "/cc on" and as long as they're in the clan, they'll be able to see the message from wherever they are on Olympus.

I believe adding a "party" system to the other servers, would be a great idea! However, there's also the case of having to decide what the rules for the parties would be, but I'd imagine as long as you follow normal server rules, it'd be okay. Of course, there's always Discord, but it can get really annoying to constantly have to switch between in-game, and discord.

+1 from me!

Dyss

MVP+
Dyss
Dyss
MVP+
Ratings
33 1
i mean i guess, id prefer it to not be server specific, a global groupchat command would be nice, maybe add a Guild chat, so we have something to do with network guilds, because as of now those are pretty useless

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
THERE IS A GUILD CHAT ALREADY JUST TYPE /GUILD AND IT SHOULD WORK.........

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
I don't believe /guild is global, like with /f msg, you can message a player while they're on a different server.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
Ratings
12 2
Just to inform, please try and do ./guild in the main hub or on the creative server, these commands do not even exist, trust me I am aware as before mentioned that there used to be a Guild function on the server, but this has been long since removed which is why I mentioned this now! <3

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Not an original idea, people have definately requested something like this before, however there are some things that prevent stuff like this from being added.
These servers already have private group chats.
Creative - Plot chat
Olympus - Clan chat
Survival - party/alliance chat
Skyblock - Island chat
Islands - Island chat (I think)
There are obviously a few missing, however the majority of the server has private group chats.
Also another thing is that Dacon is quite busy, with lots of things bugged I don't think too many new thing will be added as of yet.
Also lets just do some quick maffs. Friend + Friend + Friend(s) + Private chat that staff probably wont be able to read + minecraft = inappropriate behaviour. Just a small thing that we have to think about.
Thank you for the suggestion however.