If I was 13 and applied for staff would you want me as staff?

Would i be a good staff?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Im just wondering if I would be a good staff member. Any feedback on anything I need to work on?

CosmicLunaBunny

Forum Expert
MVP+
JoinVC
JoinVC
MVP+
Ratings
90 9
Im just wondering if I would be a good staff member. Any feedback on anything I need to work on?
Have you already made a staff application? If so read the advice everybody gave you. The communities advice is very useful when coming to application, question and many more. If you want any advice send me your application, and I can tell you things you can work on! Also I think I know you from skyblock, indeed your a very nice person, sometimes immature, and annoying, but In the end I believe you can be a great staff member if you put your mind to it!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I was 13 (assuming this is your age since you're asking) when I got my first "job" as staff. It was a lot of responsibility, but it was also on a pretty small server (a max of 40 people on most times). I think if this is the first time you want to be staff on a server, that you may be biting off more than you can chew if you don't familiarize yourself with the responsibilities and situations that come with being a staff member.
However, that doesn't have anything to do with you as a person necessarily, you seem very nice and helpful! Just know that the larger the server, the more demanding the job is.
Maturity is a big thing too, which depends person to person. If you have someone behaving super inappropriately or being rude to you, they want to know that you can handle it the right way without letting it affect you personally, or retaliating (there are other things too, but this always comes to the forefront in my mind). I think the only reason I was picked to be staff at such a young age was because the senior staff members hadn't realized I was so young until I applied. the things trauma can do to a kid, amirite? yikes lol

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Im 11

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
If you were 13 right now, I would say no. But if you rephrased the question- in 2 years I think I would (and maybe will!) vouch for you as staff. You are kind, and you obviously want the server to be the best it possibly can. So I think age is not the only thing you're lacking right now, but the things you need will come with time, growth, and maturity.

ThatComicGuy

Forum Expert
MVP+
ThatComicGuy
ThatComicGuy
MVP+
Ratings
478 14
I mean, Yeah your seem like a Wonderful person but there is room for improvement.... But it would be Nice to see you step up :)

ImHanzo

MVP+
ImHanzo
ImHanzo
MVP+
Ratings
We can't actually say that, most peoples will change after getting rank up or sth..
Peoples are like a leaves, when the wind blows they go with it, when the seasons change they change. :)
So we will never know.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I'm trying to improve my maturity level. Does it seem like I am working on that, or do I seem very immature because of my past attitude?

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I'm trying to improve my maturity level. Does it seem like I am working on that, or do I seem very immature because of my past attitude?
Well I think trying to improve your maturity is a bit...immature, and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. Maturity is something that happens over time, not necessarily because you put effort in to improve it. Maturity is gained through experience, and goes hand in hand with wisdom. You can't really train these things, and only learn them by being a human being.
You're 11! You don't have to be as mature as a 13 year old yet, and especially not an older than that! I think when the time comes that you can apply for staff you'll have grown a lot. Just keep being you and everything else will fall into place if it's meant to be. :)

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Well I think trying to improve your maturity is a bit...immature, and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. Maturity is something that happens over time, not necessarily because you put effort in to improve it. Maturity is gained through experience, and goes hand in hand with wisdom. You can't really train these things, and only learn them by being a human being.
You're 11! You don't have to be as mature as a 13 year old yet, and especially not an older than that! I think when the time comes that you can apply for staff you'll have grown a lot. Just keep being you and everything else will fall into place if it's meant to be. :)
Thanks for the feedback! But about the part when you said that "trying to improve my immaturity is immature" what do you mean by that? I'm failing to understand why that is immature. It seems more to me like I'm trying to change my attitude about things.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I disagree with what Quinny said above. It's very mature of you to recognize past immaturity and to want to improve it. Especially at the young age of 11. No one expects you to act older than you are, but don't feel limited by your age! You can be exactly as immature or mature as you think is appropriate.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I disagree with what Quinny said above. It's very mature of you to recognize past immaturity and to want to improve it. Especially at the young age of 11. No one expects you to act older than you are, but don't feel limited by your age! You can be exactly as immature or mature as you think is appropriate.
Yeah, I can agree to disagree with that Tas. I think that the acknowledgement of your past behavior Laney is a great step in the right direction, and acknowledging a behavior is the first step in moving forward. I think the phrasing of "improving one's maturity level" is what I meant as "immature" (it was early in the morning when I wrote that and I'm certainly not a morning person, so my apologies for not coming off in the most clear way). The actions you are taking are certainly good, don't get me wrong!
The want to improve is there, as long as there is acknowledgement that change can't happen overnight. That's what I was meaning to emphasize in my previous post in this thread. Good on you Laney :)