Infinity Chest vs Seller Minion. Which Should We Buy?

ssnek_

ELITE
ssnek_
ssnek_
ELITE
Ratings
26 1
Summary
Today I bought a Seller Minion on Islands to test it against an Infinity Chest.
A lot of things differ from server to server, so I put aside my Oasis knowledge for this test.
I wanted to test which auto-seller was better to aid my future purchases.
I also want us all to benefit from purchasing the most efficient one.

For these numbers, assume only iron ingots are feeding into a chest and filling this chest within 3 seconds.
A stack of iron ingots sells for $915.2. These numbers are best-case scenario and approximate.
Please correct me if you notice something or inform me of anything I missed.

Infinity Chest
•$16.25 during 75% sale.
•As of this season, Infinity Chests charge a 20% sales tax.
•Supports up to 7 hopper connections when made into a double chest (dub) with a regular chest.
•Sells a single full chest every 3 seconds (used phone stopwatch to measure.) (Only sells 1 full chest, even if made into dub.)
•If an item is filtered into your Infinity Chest that /shop does not buy, IT WILL STOP ALL SALES until you remove the item!

Full chest(27 stacks) of iron ingots = $24,710.4/3sec * 5 = $123,552/15sec
$123,552/15sec - $24,710.4(20%tax) = $98,841.6/15sec

Seller Minion
•$15.00 during 75% sale.
•Using a dub as the linked chest can support 8 hopper connections.
•Sells a full dub every 15 seconds (used phone stopwatch to measure.)
•If an item is filtered into your
Seller Minion chest that /shop does not buy, SALES WILL CONTINUE,
but the item will take up a sell spot in your chest until removed.

Full dub(54 stacks) of iron ignots = $49,420.8/15sec

Findings
An Infinity Chest can make @$98,841.6/15sec selling only iron ingots with
A Seller Minion making @$49,420.8/15sec selling the same.
The difference in profit will continue to raise as you add more Iron Golems to your grinder.
If you're using a Seller Minion and your loot is filling a dub <15 seconds, your grinder is going to get backed up with items waiting to be filtered into the main chest to sell. If those backed up items fill up your hoppers and chests on the way to the selling chest, they could despawn or be lost to ClearLag item removal!
The same result can happen once you're filling an Infinity Chest in less than 3 (<3) seconds as well.

Again, these amounts are best-case scenario, but still give a good idea of our potential Iron Golem Grinder profits. Please like and su--- oops, wrong website.
o/

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
This is very well done Snakey! Awesome job :)
I’m big dumb with things like this, it amazes me how much people involve themselves with calculating all of this!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I honestly agree with Anxii... and I don't really know what any of it means, but I'll take your word on it.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Thanks for the comparison. Also great job testing this sort of stuff it makes it easier for everyone else to play. I guess at least in their current state the infinity chest is still superior to the minion along with them occasionally disconnecting. I also wonder what kind of setup's would make infinity chests and minions faster or slower and whether the one you have is at peak efficiency as over a long period of time this could drastically change the amount you earn. Still this is really great stuff @Snakey2k!!!

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
My question is why not both?
Because one is faster then the other for a slightly more expensive price. What it should demonstrate is that in-game an infinity chest should be worth more then a seller minion.