Is there a big difference between island and skyblock?

I still don't get the difference between skyblock and island. THe only difference i know is that in skyblock, you fall, then you die, but in the island, you die slowly, by poisoned water. Is there a big difference?

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Honestly, I haven't really played Islands all that much, but imo there's really not a difference, only thing is that ones in the water an the other is in the sky.

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
The major difference is mostly islands being in the water kills you. Well, falling into the void you won't die.

Selfoccate

VIP+
VIP+
Selfoccate
Selfoccate
VIP+
Ratings
149 13
Hi!

Islands and Skyblock are very similar. Islands has "Acid Rain", which kills you - You can prevent being killed by this simply by wearing a helmet. You also get given Hunger and Poison if you touch any water.

Skyblock's water is completely harmless, you can die from falling into the void, however on our Skyblock, it only gives you hunger and poison.

Hope that helped! -Self

Derpylatios

PATRON+
EonLatios
EonLatios
ELITE
Ratings
81 9
I personally prefer skyblock because I'm most used to the atmosphere but I've played islands once before and I didn't find it very fun but that's my opinion, yours could be difference. The best way is to play both of them and decide for yourself.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Like previously mentioned, the water hurts on islands and on skyblock the void hurts.
However, I find that the difference is in the community atmosphere. People I played islands with left for skyblock after “islands died.” Pretty sure there are more people on skyblock than islands, and when was the last time you saw someone put islands on their staff application? Not saying islands is dead... but several players agreed that skyblock is superior. But it’s all just what you prefer. (Though I do think islands is pretty dead, at least the chat)

Selfoccate

VIP+
VIP+
Selfoccate
Selfoccate
VIP+
Ratings
149 13
As far as I'm aware, the last serious staff app with Islands on their application.... Was me lol. But yeah, islands has definitely grown well now, along with the network and is a lot more popular than it was a year ago.

ArcanePheonix

ELITE
Aozorii
Aozorii
ELITE
Ratings
I still don't get the difference between skyblock and island. THe only difference i know is that in skyblock, you fall, then you die, but in the island, you die slowly, by poisoned water. Is there a big difference?
Not really, the idea is the same really. However in islands the water and rain will kill you until you get the aquatic enchantment for your helmet.