It's time to fix survival

Abxurd

ELITE
Abxurd
Abxurd
ELITE
Ratings
Introduction
I am a very active player in survival, and I see how large the player base can be. Survival definitely makes more money than some other servers, and yet it is the least cared for or worked on. We have hundreds of players who play, and most of them are donators or members who have bought something from the shop. Countless people have donated and attempted to have lots of fun on survival, which can only be partially completed.
Quest
Ahh yes, the thing every player has been complaining about for months. Whining in chat, complaining on discord, and ranting to staff. Everyone is aware of this situation, and how much of a pain it is. Why not do something? I know Manacube has been working on other projects recently such as Olympus but still, survival contains a large percent of server members! If the staff did something to temporarily disregard quest, like allow anyone to buy iron golems it would be fair and would make a great temporary solution. However no, they keep the scoreboard with quest and keep the NPC at spawn. They also include it in the iron golem spawner description to keep it complicated. It's gotten to the point where people are begging in chat for someone to buy iron golems for them or spamming chat because they are confused. There are many players like me who invest hours and hours into the server working hard to become rich and grow my party, but players who are slayers and can buy iron golem spawners aren't always online instead players need to wait hours until somebody is online. It also is very difficult to get our enchantments books! People invest and spend time making xp farms for books, and they don't even work! Instead, we need to do jobs which is a temporary solution.
Chat Problems
The spam on survival is terrible and very easy to do. A very odd filter, along with no chat delays. With a server, this large those things are necessary to keep the chat nice and neat. Now I bet the staff or common response will be hey, just let the staff moderate chat! Easy right? No, because the two mods are Speed and Rainbow. Don't get me wrong, they are great at doing their jobs and helping out. They just aren't on enough at all. In fact the only active mod I see online all the time is fishy. I've tried asking for help in /helpop and contacting him but not once has he ever responded to me. Another problem is /chatcolor and /color. Why is there two plugins for chat colors... One is for donators and one is for voting and other bundles but why make it so confusing for new players? I've always seen players ask and people respond with the wrong command and it makes everyone confused.
The Sell Wand
Ah, the so very expensive sell wand. Now let's think for a second, we donated for something. We gave the server money for a fully working item in return, correct? Not the case for the sell wand, because it doesn't sell some items that you can sell in /shop. That makes no sense to me because it is completely random and annoying. Just one example is when my friend and I built an auto wheat farm run by villagers. We can't stacks and stacks of wheat, and we can't sell them! The farm runs semi-quickly and it's a large chest so it's a real pain to go through multiple times and sell. Call me lazy, but I spent money for this and I expect it to work. It also breaks signs when you try and sell a chest? Again, not the largest problem but they are adding up.
Tick Speed
Now if you're a normal player who doesn't do Redstone, (Me) You probably won't notice this that much. However, my party has a lot of players who can do Redstone in it. They are always talking about how the ticks are messed up and how it gets them annoyed when they are making creations.

Suggestions
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Reset time!

It is really time for a reset. The fact that whenever you do /rtp and end up right next to or inside of somebody's base and the world is almost completely filled is a problem. A reset would also be a great time to fix survival when everybody is offline for a few days! It would also be a great time to fix the custom terrain world which makes the building so difficult! It may look cool for inhabiting and living there, but when you want to expand and build the trees can take up to a half an hour to break! The variants of materials and structure also make your inventory filled randomly and a mess and it also takes a lot of time to destroy. A normal Minecraft world that is larger would be just as good for building and creating awesome structures. It would also be cool to start over with new people, new features, and a new map.
More Party Warps
Maybe make this a donation feature or something, or possibly charge a player a certain cost per warp, but I think there should be up to 10/unlimited party warps! Warps are an easy way to manage party land. The other day my friend lost 20 chunks of land because he forgot to set a home and there was no more room for warps! Usually, a party has multiple locations which can be difficult to manage so warps would certainly be very helpful.
Better Time Counter
This one is quite simple, and would involve just one extra feature. I think every time a player entires an afk state for more than 5 minutes or does /afk the counter should stop going. Many players AFK at there bases and it makes them seem like they are more active than they really are.
No god mode when fighting Zulrah
Although most donators would probably enjoy this, it just isn't fair to normal players. It ruins the entire purpose of a good boss to fight.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
(More coming soon)

Dave

MVP
Ratings
63 4
Me being a dedicated survival player for about 2 years I have seen many issues regarding the server. Well first off, Survival is not the most uncared for server as creative has been waiting for major updates for a very long time and islands has also been semi neglected (I do realize that islands does have a much lower player base.) Secondly, I agree strongly with the statement that quests are an issue. I don't really understand the difficulty in using jobs for custom enchants or asking others to buy iron golems for you as people who can make 3 mil should be able to understand the issues with quests. Just a disclaimer that I probably do have a different opinion as I am able to buy Iron golems and ce's. To be completely honest I can't really touch on the red stone issue because the only red stone I do is from a tutorial on YouTube and it's always early game to set up a farm, so I can't really talk much on this as I haven't experienced the low tick speed. So with the reset, many people have requested resets including staff. Not particularly for the map because there is certainly room to build, but just to get a fresh start as richer players like me and many others that I can name have been starting lose interest as the economy is so broken and there is no point in growing your party as p top it is basically not gonna change. Also the custom terrain is a drawing factor for people to join manacube and think it is a very cool thing as biomes are much more inflated and beautiful. Although it is difficult to build in it there are many ways to circumvent those obstacles. I don't have much to say about the sell wand and I do see your frustration with that. Chat is totally fine with how it is now, and me being close to both Catt and Speed you really have to remember that people have lives outside of a minecraft server and as I say to anyone complaining about staff you can always apply yourself ;) (/colour works for anything regarding chat colour.) Now onto the party warps, I totally agree with you on this feature. The afk timer sounds quite terrible to me as it takes away the grinding aspect of the game and we already have an AFK kicker around 3 hours and 5 minutes is just way too short. Finally we have the zulrah issue and I do agree with the idea of removing /god even though it won't do much as most MVP+ players have good enough gear to kill zulrah with full hearts. I just want you to keep in mind that I am just trying to give you feedback and not just to put your ideas down, I love what you did with this thread and I think it is very well written and I can see the evident work you put into it. Keep up the great work. If you want to msg me you can find me on discord #9737 Dave? :)

JiggleJigglePop

Forum Expert
MVP+
JiggleJigglePop
JiggleJigglePop
MVP+
Ratings
191 47
I agree with you on some problems with survival, definitely the sell wand part. But disagree with you on others. Because they are so little that it is kind of unnecessary to worry about.

• Quests: You're not really talking much about the quests problem. Or just explaining it in a hard way for us to understand except putting it out there. What is your main point about the quests problem? Are you explaining different reasons for which this problem continues to occur? Just say it.
  • Chat Problems: Maybe Speed has stuff to do, just because he is a staff member, doesn't mean he can dedicate all of his times on Survival, or sometimes when you're not online, I see him online most of the time, he is either usually in /vanish or offline. Also, why are you upset that there are two chat color commands, I honestly have to say that there's no need to worry about this because it's kind of unnecessary. If you see a player spamming, screenshot the chat and report it on the forums, wait for them to give you a reply but In the meantime, ignore the player. Or if you see players usually spamming "Can I join somebody's party", like I said, ignore them. Staff can't usually do anything about party spammers except tell you to ignore them.
  • Sell Wand: I believe the sell wand is okay for now, but the reason you cannot sell everything with the sell wand is that there may be something really expensive and just don't want you to sell for a big amount of price. From what I know of. I don't really use my sell wand, but most of the times when I go to golem spawners, I just put my iron in a chest and sell if with it. If you are having trouble understanding this, ask Purple, or a moderator. They might have the answer.
  • Trick Speed: What do you mean? Are you trying to say that you can't do as much with Redstone? I can't understand what you are telling us, including with the title "Trick Speed"

Ratings
Reset time!
It is really time for a reset. The fact that whenever you do /rtp and end up right next to or inside of somebody's base and the world is almost completely filled is a problem. A reset would also be a great time to fix survival when everybody is offline for a few days! It would also be a great time to fix the custom terrain world which makes the building so difficult! It may look cool for inhabiting and living there, but when you want to expand and build the trees can take up to a half an hour to break! The variants of materials and structure also make your inventory filled randomly and a mess and it also takes a lot of time to destroy. A normal Minecraft world that is larger would be just as good for building and creating awesome structures. It would also be cool to start over with new people, new features, and a new map.
The server have tons of spaces, the rtp just usually teleport you around 4k x 4k radius, you would've have to go out further to see there is tons of lands that haven't been touched

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2
Introduction
I am a very active player in survival, and I see how large the player base can be. Survival definitely makes more money than some other servers, and yet it is the least cared for or worked on. We have hundreds of players who play, and most of them are donators or members who have bought something from the shop. Countless people have donated and attempted to have lots of fun on survival, which can only be partially completed.
Quest
Ahh yes, the thing every player has been complaining about for months. Whining in chat, complaining on discord, and ranting to staff. Everyone is aware of this situation, and how much of a pain it is. Why not do something? I know Manacube has been working on other projects recently such as Olympus but still, survival contains a large percent of server members! If the staff did something to temporarily disregard quest, like allow anyone to buy iron golems it would be fair and would make a great temporary solution. However no, they keep the scoreboard with quest and keep the NPC at spawn. They also include it in the iron golem spawner description to keep it complicated. It's gotten to the point where people are begging in chat for someone to buy iron golems for them or spamming chat because they are confused. There are many players like me who invest hours and hours into the server working hard to become rich and grow my party, but players who are slayers and can buy iron golem spawners aren't always online instead players need to wait hours until somebody is online. It also is very difficult to get our enchantments books! People invest and spend time making xp farms for books, and they don't even work! Instead, we need to do jobs which is a temporary solution.
Chat Problems
The spam on survival is terrible and very easy to do. A very odd filter, along with no chat delays. With a server, this large those things are necessary to keep the chat nice and neat. Now I bet the staff or common response will be hey, just let the staff moderate chat! Easy right? No, because the two mods are Speed and Rainbow. Don't get me wrong, they are great at doing their jobs and helping out. They just aren't on enough at all. In fact the only active mod I see online all the time is fishy. I've tried asking for help in /helpop and contacting him but not once has he ever responded to me. Another problem is /chatcolor and /color. Why is there two plugins for chat colors... One is for donators and one is for voting and other bundles but why make it so confusing for new players? I've always seen players ask and people respond with the wrong command and it makes everyone confused.
The Sell Wand
Ah, the so very expensive sell wand. Now let's think for a second, we donated for something. We gave the server money for a fully working item in return, correct? Not the case for the sell wand, because it doesn't sell some items that you can sell in /shop. That makes no sense to me because it is completely random and annoying. Just one example is when my friend and I built an auto wheat farm run by villagers. We can't stacks and stacks of wheat, and we can't sell them! The farm runs semi-quickly and it's a large chest so it's a real pain to go through multiple times and sell. Call me lazy, but I spent money for this and I expect it to work. It also breaks signs when you try and sell a chest? Again, not the largest problem but they are adding up.
Tick Speed
Now if you're a normal player who doesn't do Redstone, (Me) You probably won't notice this that much. However, my party has a lot of players who can do Redstone in it. They are always talking about how the ticks are messed up and how it gets them annoyed when they are making creations.

Suggestions
Reset time!

More Party Warps
Maybe make this a donation feature or something, or possibly charge a player a certain cost per warp, but I think there should be up to 10/unlimited party warps! Warps are an easy way to manage party land. The other day my friend lost 20 chunks of land because he forgot to set a home and there was no more room for warps! Usually, a party has multiple locations which can be difficult to manage so warps would certainly be very helpful.
Better Time Counter
This one is quite simple, and would involve just one extra feature. I think every time a player entires an afk state for more than 5 minutes or does /afk the counter should stop going. Many players AFK at there bases and it makes them seem like they are more active than they really are.
No god mode when fighting Zulrah
Although most donators would probably enjoy this, it just isn't fair to normal players. It ruins the entire purpose of a good boss to fight.
(More coming soon)

So when I make a post that goes over the theme of the issues with survival. You disagree with me, and yet half a month later you make your own post dedicated to what I previously posted. I admit you put it more work than I did. You brought up more issues with Survival. I won't make excuses for so and so. However, I find it fairly hypocritical if I'm not mistaken. I'd like to hear from your side.

Abxurd

ELITE
Abxurd
Abxurd
ELITE
Ratings
So when I make a post that goes over the theme of the issues with survival. You disagree with me, and yet half a month later you make your own post dedicated to what I previously posted. I admit you put it more work than I did. You brought up more issues with Survival. I won't make excuses for so and so. However, I find it fairly hypocritical if I'm not mistaken. I'd like to hear from your side.
Yeah, sorry about that. I was convinced something was going to get done at the time but yet here we are

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2
Yeah, sorry about that. I was convinced something was going to get done at the time but yet here we are
I'm not really surprised. You look at Islands and little is done for it for a while now. No updates, patches, or bug fixes. Just lag reduction. Only thing Dacon really has his eye on is the prison server.

And yet, I'll make this blunt. If they don't start caring for the new servers of the future and the classics of the past. Then the quality of games starts to decline. And I can state it as a fact, it is a direct effect of the little maintenance of the games.

#StaffTeamNeedsToGetTheirActTogether
#Hashtag
#Golden4Owner

Abxurd

ELITE
Abxurd
Abxurd
ELITE
Ratings
I'm not really surprised. You look at Islands and little is done for it for a while now. No updates, patches, or bug fixes. Just lag reduction. Only thing Dacon really has his eye on is the prison server.

And yet, I'll make this blunt. If they don't start caring for the new servers of the future and the classics of the past. Then the quality of games starts to decline. And I can state it as a fact, it is a direct effect of the little maintenance of the games.

#StaffTeamNeedsToGetTheirActTogether
#Hashtag
#Golden4Owner
Yep lol

✘ Zoqzey ✘

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Zoqzey
Zoqzey
ELITE
Ratings
132 14
wanted to make something like this too [more things we need/fixed] but i think im wasting my time then, happy to see that you made it like i wish i would make one. Hope dacon will see this and will help us for a better season

PancakezRule5

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ClickFilA
ClickFilA
MVP+
Ratings
164 25
wanted to make something like this too [more things we need/fixed] but i think im wasting my time then, happy to see that you made it like i wish i would make one. Hope dacon will see this and will help us for a better season
he probably did, so thats why he fixed the CEs and IGs

Tytler

PATRON+
Tytler
Tytler
Patron+
Ratings
I agree that we need a reset! Ngl im getting wuite bored! Its like all i rlly do is either afk or help my party and we dont need much of anything rn other than party value because well we have competition cough cough night cough cough and i just want to have a new start is all. Its like cmon the top party has what 11 BILLION DOLLARS IN PARTY VALUE!! If you ask me thats too much for a party to have and not have a reset. I mean two players alone have over a billion in player bal. :/

Ratings
27 2
First- Was not expecting a post that long lol
Second- I agree survival needs fixing
Third- Dacon just released a new server and has been working on it for the last few months (I'm assuming). Everybody who is complaining about survival getting no attention is probably due to the fact that he's been building a new server.

The game is not perfect and Dacon has a life outside of minecraft. Please remember that when you get upset about the server having bugs.

RainbowCat379

MVP+
Ratings
196 4
Hey Zoviet,

I do realise this is an older post but I would still like to say something.

This is a nice post for informing people about what's going on with survival. But would like you to understand the following things:

1. Quests: They were taken down with the arrival of /jobs, as they became too easy to complete, and we needed some form of update there. Other staff and I have talked to Dacon about the perks issues. If you check ./ce is now accessible to all players along with being able to purchase igs from /shop without a problem. You may not be able to receive the old perks such as the fish slapper, but do know things like the lapis perk never worked and won't continue to, so that is fair. The sidebar may still have it and the npc at spawn, but these are sort of smaller issues to deal with that don't need to be tended to right now.
  2. Chat Problems: As others have stated above, not all staff can be online to moderate the chat 24/7. Also survival does have more than 2 mods, There's me Catt (RainbowCat379/Mod+), Speed (Speediare/Mod), Wolf (_Woolfie/Mod), Emma (IEmmaLouiseI) so there's 4, but Speed and I are the most active. But just because we are the survival staff doesn't mean that other staff mean that other staff members can't come to survival and moderate chat if they happen to be online. If there's a chat problem with other staff online ./helpop, and if there's nobody online either make a player report on the forums, stick a screenshot in #help on the community discord, or pm a staff member. Do know that just because you don't see each mod, does not mean they don't come on. Timezones play a big part in that, and I have a pretty awkward Timezone to be fair. And all staff can have busy lives as well as not want to be playing Minecraft 24/7. I recently haven't been on as much as I've had a busy few weeks, but I am still trying my best to be on for you guys.
  3. All other issues: Things do take time to be fixing, and do realise survival is not the only gamemode with issues like this. Just gotta be patient, or if you find an issue report it for us to look at <3
  4. Suggestions: These are some pretty cool ideas, hope to see some of them take place. But for now we are just gonna have to wait for these things to happen my friend.
Anyways, that's all I needed to say. Hope you have a good day/night.

- Catt <3