Last edited:

~Jesus

MVP+
_3G_
_3G_
MVP+
Ratings
96 11
This map is excellent. I love the idea of adding in the jungle-temple and those slippery slime-blocks.

The idea isn't all that original, but I think that it can be overlooked due to the builds and diversity of jumps in the map. I think some more variation could be added, especially with those repetitive jumps in the sky. Since it is an insane, a couple more difficult jumps should be added and maybe some fence/ladder jumps.

Other than that, I think it will easily be a +0.5 and I'll change this when some of the ideas are incorporated!

~3G

Amazing job! +1
thank you so much!
[DOUBLEPOST=1531369346][/DOUBLEPOST]
This map is excellent. I love the idea of adding in the jungle-temple and those slippery slime-blocks.

The idea isn't all that original, but I think that it can be overlooked due to the builds and diversity of jumps in the map. I think some more variation could be added, especially with those repetitive jumps in the sky. Since it is an insane, a couple more difficult jumps should be added and maybe some fence/ladder jumps.

Other than that, I think it will easily be a +0.5 and I'll change this when some of the ideas are incorporated!

~3G
Yes! I totally agree on all those point, to be completely honest I got a little lazy at the end after hours of building, but I can say that Ive already dealt with the repetitiveness at the end and I just have not re-uploaded the pictures. Thank you so much for your critiques and I will continue to try and improve with future maps and or this one until it gets either accepted, or denied. <3

upload_2018-7-12_0-57-36.png

Just thought id post a little update to the ending of the parkour. I had got a bit of feedback that it was a little bland with all the repetitive jumps and the lack of diversity here. So I've been changing it up here and I've added a lot more (fences,ladders,icecouple different things) let me know what your think.

<3

Attachments

kroro1

Dedicated Member
VIP
kroro1
kroro1
VIP
Ratings
47 1
Hello BuddyCat38
The build itself while built really nicely is just floating islands, which have been done so many times already on this server that the theme is just overused, but I still think it looks quite nice. My main issue with this map is the parkour, 90% is just floating and not used with the build, the parkour also is very repetitive 80% being 3-4 block jumps which I find make the map really tedious. I also think the difficulty would rather be hard than expert but because the map is so long it would be expert again, I find it's too long for it's difficulty. If you would move more parkour to the big Island and make the parkour more Interesting I would gladly give it a +1 but in its current state it's a -1 from me.
Good Luck anyway :D

Hello BuddyCat38
The build itself while built really nicely is just floating islands, which have been done so many times already on this server that the theme is just overused, but I still think it looks quite nice. My main issue with this map is the parkour, 90% is just floating and not used with the build, the parkour also is very repetitive 80% being 3-4 block jumps which I find make the map really tedious. I also think the difficulty would rather be hard than expert but because the map is so long it would be expert again, I find it's too long for it's difficulty. If you would move more parkour to the big Island and make the parkour more Interesting I would gladly give it a +1 but in its current state it's a -1 from me.
Good Luck anyway :D
Okay thank you for the advice I understand all of this, and this is my first time making a map after all. But thank you for the advice I appreciate it and if there is anything else I can change please let me know.

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi BuddyCat38,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is not really original, because there is already some map with the "same" theme ; after mixing a jungle with a bit of taiga is still a bit more interesting. The build could be better, there is some nice little decoration, but most of your parkour is floating, because there is no main build, making your map messy. (I suggest you to build your parkour on/in a main build). For the parkour, it's pretty repetitive at the start, less after because you have varied your jumps, but would be better if the start was less repetitive too. The parkour was also way too easy for an insane, even for an expert, but way too long for a hard.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.