Just a suggestion, kind of.

novaedream

novaedream
novaedream
Ratings
There's not a whole bunch to interact with on the forums. I think it's unfair that a player has to have 20 forum posts to apply for staff, and as much as I wanna exceed that expectation, there's not a lot on the forums to do, and I don't think it's quite fair to the players. Mostly because the one thing we can do is report players or bugs, and there's not many bugs, and when a player is breaking the rules, you kind of just do /report or /helpop, or even go on discord to ask for staff members there-

Bug reports, that's understandable, but most of them go in the issues topic in discord, so nobody really posts them on here. Going online and making a forum post about a minor rule breakage just seems tedious. Either way, working up 20 posts is a bit hard and maybe a bit unfair, because even the most active players and people who've been around this server since it was still very new may not necessarily have 20 forum posts because it's hard to be active on a media that doesn't necessarily require it for players. Maybe lower it to 15 or 10? It still shows activity but it doesn't require a kind of large amount of posts.

ZAKELOCRAFTER

Faudon
Faudon
Ratings
26 3
I agree with part of what you said, anyways, I believe you are able to get more than 20 quality posts, maybe posting Ideas that you have in this section, or maybe replying to staff applications, giving a score and of course a reasoning.
Now to the most interesting part, you don´t need 20 quality forum posts to apply for Staff, it depends on the user, but there is usually no problem with people that have less than 20 posts.

¡Hope you have a good day!

Lazarus

Rubempre
Rubempre
Ratings
35 1
I will start things off by saying that 20 posts isn't 100% a necessity, moreso a soft requirement that can be neglected in some cases. Well, that is what I've heard anyway. Either way, it's not unfair the requirement is that, that is what has been put to paper and so that it is how it shall remain until modification. I don't see how it's unfair and upsets you so, but perhaps you could make more of an effort participating in forum discussion. There are forums for each of the modes, respective subforums, Forum Games, General Discussion, etc.

And to elaborate on what I formerly said on your profile post, which was of course your initial comment on the 20 post requirement, it shouldn't be something to grind for. It shouldn't be your objective; after all, not only is it a mere 20 posts, but the staff application qualifications are there as a basis for one to further excel in and achieve passively from actually doing stuff around the server and in the community.

Ratings
In my opinion, Mana Cube wants people who are dedicated to the server and active on the forums, if you only have 1 post and its your staff application then that says a lot about how dedicated you are to the server.

novaedream

novaedream
novaedream
Ratings
All of you make a fair point, and I understand that it's more of a soft requirement, but me as a player, I'm a bit of an over-achiever, the kind of person who feels awful if I don't reach it to a specific requirement, cause then it just feels like I'm not doing as good as others and it's not gonna make me seem any good for the team if I don't have exactly the requirements or better, also another reason why I'm always mentally complaining to myself because my Skyblock timer feels like it's stuck at 48 hours but I'm probably just not playing long enough. 50 hours is easy to contribute normally, but I'm just impatient I suppose.
Anyway, on topic, I guess it's kind of hard for me because I don't play many other game modes than Skyblock and most of the threads under Skyblock are all dead or solved, and I feel bad for bumping posts that are so old.