menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
There's not a whole bunch to interact with on the forums. I think it's unfair that a player has to have 20 forum posts to apply for staff, and as much as I wanna exceed that expectation, there's not a lot on the forums to do, and I don't think it's quite fair to the players. Mostly because the one thing we can do is report players or bugs, and there's not many bugs, and when a player is breaking the rules, you kind of just do /report or /helpop, or even go on discord to ask for staff members there-

Bug reports, that's understandable, but most of them go in the issues topic in discord, so nobody really posts them on here. Going online and making a forum post about a minor rule breakage just seems tedious. Either way, working up 20 posts is a bit hard and maybe a bit unfair, because even the most active players and people who've been around this server since it was still very new may not necessarily have 20 forum posts because it's hard to be active on a media that doesn't necessarily require it for players. Maybe lower it to 15 or 10? It still shows activity but it doesn't require a kind of large amount of posts.

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6
I agree with part of what you said, anyways, I believe you are able to get more than 20 quality posts, maybe posting Ideas that you have in this section, or maybe replying to staff applications, giving a score and of course a reasoning.
Now to the most interesting part, you don´t need 20 quality forum posts to apply for Staff, it depends on the user, but there is usually no problem with people that have less than 20 posts.

¡Hope you have a good day!

Lazarus

VIP+
Rubempre
Rubempre
VIP+
Ratings
43 2
I will start things off by saying that 20 posts isn't 100% a necessity, moreso a soft requirement that can be neglected in some cases. Well, that is what I've heard anyway. Either way, it's not unfair the requirement is that, that is what has been put to paper and so that it is how it shall remain until modification. I don't see how it's unfair and upsets you so, but perhaps you could make more of an effort participating in forum discussion. There are forums for each of the modes, respective subforums, Forum Games, General Discussion, etc.

And to elaborate on what I formerly said on your profile post, which was of course your initial comment on the 20 post requirement, it shouldn't be something to grind for. It shouldn't be your objective; after all, not only is it a mere 20 posts, but the staff application qualifications are there as a basis for one to further excel in and achieve passively from actually doing stuff around the server and in the community.

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10
In my opinion, Mana Cube wants people who are dedicated to the server and active on the forums, if you only have 1 post and its your staff application then that says a lot about how dedicated you are to the server.

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
All of you make a fair point, and I understand that it's more of a soft requirement, but me as a player, I'm a bit of an over-achiever, the kind of person who feels awful if I don't reach it to a specific requirement, cause then it just feels like I'm not doing as good as others and it's not gonna make me seem any good for the team if I don't have exactly the requirements or better, also another reason why I'm always mentally complaining to myself because my Skyblock timer feels like it's stuck at 48 hours but I'm probably just not playing long enough. 50 hours is easy to contribute normally, but I'm just impatient I suppose.
Anyway, on topic, I guess it's kind of hard for me because I don't play many other game modes than Skyblock and most of the threads under Skyblock are all dead or solved, and I feel bad for bumping posts that are so old.

locoMoose

Ratings
You can report issues, suggest ideas and request for help all via the discord which I believe takes away traffic away from the forums. As you've stated, there's not a lot of interaction and one of the reasons for that is because you can almost do everything on the discord that the forums have. A solution would be to delete those channels on discord but that would be a rather inconvenience to a lot of people as they'd have to register/login into the website. Personally, I prefer using the forums over discord for suggestions, or any issues as I feel like I'm able to have a more organized discussion about it. In regards to the 20 post requirement, I think the requirement is unnecessary, however, I understand where they're coming from. Don't quote me on this though, but I feel as long as you make posts that are contributing to the community and are close to that requirement then they'd be okay with that. After all, if I was accepting applications and saw someone that had 40 posts but the majority of the content in his/her posts were from forums games over a person with 18 posts but their posts have good content then chances are I'm going to go with the person with the better content as it tells me that the person is putting more thought into what they post & isn't trying to get their post count up just to meet/exceed the post requirement.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
You can report issues, suggest ideas and request for help all via the discord which I believe takes away traffic away from the forums. As you've stated, there's not a lot of interaction and one of the reasons for that is because you can almost do everything on the discord that the forums have. A solution would be to delete those channels on discord but that would be a rather inconvenience to a lot of people as they'd have to register/login into the website. Personally, I prefer using the forums over discord for suggestions, or any issues as I feel like I'm able to have a more organized discussion about it. In regards to the 20 post requirement, I think the requirement is unnecessary, however, I understand where they're coming from. Don't quote me on this though, but I feel as long as you make posts that are contributing to the community and are close to that requirement then they'd be okay with that. After all, if I was accepting applications and saw someone that had 40 posts but the majority of the content in his/her posts were from forums games over a person with 18 posts but their posts have good content then chances are I'm going to go with the person with the better content as it tells me that the person is putting more thought into what they post & isn't trying to get their post count up just to meet/exceed the post requirement.
If you're looking for a discussion, the forums are obviously better. But if you actually have an issue or a question for staff, discord with its notifications are of course superior in that category. Keep both and it's all good!

locoMoose

Ratings
I guess it just boils down to personal preference really, I honestly don't mind messaging staff on the forums if I have an issue or something of the sort.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I guess it just boils down to personal preference really, I honestly don't mind messaging staff on the forums if I have an issue or something of the sort.
Although it's true that they reply much sooner through Discord.

SillyScatter

Sllly
Sllly
Ratings
16 1
https://forums.manacube.com/forums/forum-games/ Hello?

I think needing 20 posts not only shows dedication put also experience. Due to it being a little difficult to get 20 posts, you can know someone who has a decent amount of posts has been here a long time. From the point of needing 20 posts to apply for staff - I think a staff member needs to know most things on forums and having this requirement ensures this.