Reviewing Kaitlyn Davis - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Kaitlyn Davis, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaitlyn Davis

Kaitlyn Davis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Your Minecraft username
    St22k

What server are you applying for
    Survival

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Kaitlyn

Country or Timezone
    Eastern Time Zone in The United States of America

Discord username Katie#2705

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
    As a child growing up I always loved playing Minecraft. I would play on multiple different servers and see staff member helping and protecting myself and other players privacy along with safety. I want to insure players safety and privacy but also help players in need. When I play survival on Manacube, I always see players that ask questions or need help so I immediately stop what I’m doing to answer or help them out. I love doing good for the world in anyway I can even if that means helping players on Minecraft. I want to be able to connect with players and make them feel safe within our community. Most of all though, become a staff member has been a dream of mine ever since I’ve started Minecraft.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I joined Manacube on November 21, 2016 and have spent more than 200 hours on survival itself. ( 2 years ) Recently I got back into Minecraft and have currently spent about 13 hours just in a week and a half.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    Dedication to Manacube is my top priority. I think I could dedicate at least 3-4 hours a day or 12 hours a week. School though may be an issue in the future.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    Whenever I play Minecraft, I always like to keep one thing in mind. I love being positive and uplifting towards others. This is huge because positivity is contagious, one good act can lead to ten other good/positive acts. Manacube also needs people that are willing to help. Helping the community around me and even in Minecraft has always been a thing that came easy to me. I can’t help but put others needs before mine, often in real life and even in Manacube. I love answering questions and even ask a lot myself. Confidence as a person and a staff member is important. Although I won’t lie, sometimes I can get nervous but I do have great confidence in tough situations. Sometimes on a server you’ll have to make decisions about something that you may not feel great about but having confidence will help me or other staff members along the way. Loyalty is a huge skill that I have. I always have been very good at following and instructing people. If I am trusted with the job as a staff memeber than I will show loyalty to those around me such as other staff members. Being Harsh on myself is also a skill that could be useful. As a teen, I am very hard on myself if I make a mistake. I learn to fix that mistake and rarely ever make it again. I love perfection and will always be willing to help others even if it means putting them before myself. I do have great communication skills along with everything else. I love being able to get to know certain people and have connections with them. I also love talking to people. Although I could name many more, I do think I can positively impact Manacube by become a staff member and taking action.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    Although I have never really been a staff member on any other server, I did apply to Manacube last year but was too young at the time to meet the requirements. Other experiences that I think could benefit me are that I did play on a server called Cubecraft and was good friends with two staff members named Yoyamin who is a mod and tacosbefriends who is an admin. I loved connecting with them and also naming players who had hacks or had inappropriate language.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    Three attributes that distinguish myself from other players are Uniqueness, Honesty and Discipline. As being serverly bullied in school, I always made it a point to be unique and different from other kids. I love acting energetic sometimes and showing joy, passion and happiness everyday. Most of all though I love being myself and I can promise you that you won’t find anyone like me. Honesty in my life has been huge for me. I was never able to lie as a child because I felt it was wrong and was taught right as a child. I have always been honest with people for the most part throughout my life. When I lie, it leaves a sickening feeling in my stomach and have always confessed to my mistake. Lastly discipline will always be something that makes me stand out. I was taught and have learned right from wrong. Yes I do make mistakes but I learn from them and grow as a person. I do like achieving for the best and always discipline myself if I do something wrong such as eating my brother’s birthday cake before a party. ( I’ve never actually done that ) As I’ve said before, I am very hard on myself and I will promise you that if I make a mistake, I’ll learn from it and grow.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    The role of a staff member can be explained in many ways. I feel the role of staff members is to really take in to consideration of a player’s well-being that could range from helping a player or protecting his/her privacy. Staff members are also supposed to be role models. There are kids on Minecraft that are very young that look up to staff members. We are here to show kids right from wrong, even if we make a few mistakes along the line. This will always be a job that I will dearly want and will be passionate about and I hope you guys can see this throughout my application.

Are you able to use recording software?
    My computer is a Surface Book 2 so I think it’s possible to use recording software.

Anything else we should know?
    I hope within my application, you guys get to understand and really connect with me on a few levels. I do sometimes get really nervous so that might be a factor. I also am not a huge fan of being alone on something such as recording a giveaway thing, I love to always have a partner. I am not great at PvP. I did purchase a MVP rank about 6 months ago because I love this server so much. Lastly school could get in the way of spending a lot of time on Minecraft but will still be doable. I hope you all have a fantastic day and really read this in depth. I will always love Manacube no matter what outcome this application will have.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  2. Kaitlyn Davis

Kaitlyn Davis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Maybe someone will see my application.. :/

3. WoahBroNoHomo

WoahBroNoHomo Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Patience child, patience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Kaitlyn Davis

Kaitlyn Davis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Let’s hope

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jaybull987

Jaybull987 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Now this is a women that deserves a spot on the staff. Outstanding application. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Kaitlyn Davis

Kaitlyn Davis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    My goodness, Thank you sooo much!! :)

7. WilboShakespeare

WilboShakespeare Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 8
    +1 have alot of experience and actually met the requirements

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Kaitlyn Davis

Kaitlyn Davis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Thank you :)

9. ENDERDraGon9753

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Good Luck! I think you have a huge chance of getting accepted xx

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Kaitlyn Davis

Kaitlyn Davis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Thank you sooo much, that means a lot! <3

11. ENDERDraGon9753

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    No problem! I also applied so i know what you mean when you say your nervous! <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. KrazyClay

KrazyClay Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 4
    Good detail, hope you get accepted!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Kaitlyn Davis

Kaitlyn Davis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Thank you! :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 10, 2018 ---
    Well best of luck! <3

14. ENDERDraGon9753

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Thank You x

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. JiggleJigglePop

MVP+ VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +186 / 50
    Nice application. Seems like a friendly person but patience needs to be worked on. +1

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kaitlyn Davis

Kaitlyn Davis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Ok thank you for the feedback, I’ll definitely work on patience. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Purple4me

Purple4me Admin
    Admin Admin Helper Management Donator

Ratings:
    +1,091 / 46
    Hello Kaitlyn,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

Also, be aware that staff do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications. For questions, you may contact me on Discord at Purpz#3177.

The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.