Reviewing KiteBetter - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by KiteBetter, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KiteBetter

KiteBetter Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 15
    Your Minecraft username
    KiteBetter

What server are you applying for

Skyblock

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Chris

Country or Timezone
    Greece, EEST

Discord username KiteBetter#3530

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
    I would love to become staff on this server for a number of reasons. First of all, all this time i have played on the skyblock server i feel like i became a part of it. The other mods/helpers there are so kind that they inspired me to become one too and help other people with whatever they need. Moreover, i want to keep skyblock a peaceful enviroment where everyone can have a fun time. I always try to stop fights in chat and i feel like if i get the helper job i will be more successful in helping other people. Also because at 2pm EEST there are roughly no mods on, i believe i would be very helpful to other people who play in that time.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I have played for roughly 3 months and have 138 hours on skyblock

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    I can dedicate about 6-7 hours a day on the manacube server

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    I feel like leadership is the most importans skill i can offer. I can deal with any type of fighting whether it is over stolen items or a person verbally abused another person. In addition, I am very patient, understanding and I care about other people. All those seperate skills can be conbined into one. Another skill that i can offer is that I loveee to help other people and I always do. Because i have had alot of experience over the years playing on skyblock servers i believe that i could help others alot with their problems. Last but not least, I can't get easily mad at someone and start swearing at them.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    I used to be a staff member on a big server in 2016. I met alot of nice people there and we became good friends. I still talk to them today.Moreover, I believe that i know most of the skyblock community. I have gained their trust and have helped them alot. They have teached me alot about manacube and i believe that i have the knowledge to become a staff member.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    1) First of all, I am very attentive. I always listen to people and the details they are giving. I hate the feeling you get when you think someone is not listening at what you are telling them so i will try to not make the others feel like that around me.I could spend alot of time talking to them trying to solve their problem and making them happy which will in result make me feel very happy too. 2) I have been playing minecraft for roughly 6 years and i know everything there is to know in this lovely game. So if anyone needs help i will be there for them and i will surely help them out. 3) I have read all the in-game rules and forum rules and i understand the rules and punishment guidelines.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    This answer is based on belief so there is not right or wrong, however, i believe that the main use of staff members are to be helpful. You always have to be there for anyone who needs you. When they dont succeed at something and they give up you have to be there to help them out with their problems. You always have to make the other players feel like you are their friend and that you care about them.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes, I am able to use OBS for recording purposes

Anything else we should know?
    Manacube is my favourite server and i would love to spend more hours of my life playing on it. I also know 3 languages: Greek, English and German

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. SleepyDiva

SleepyDiva Forum Master

Ratings:
    +97 / 5
    Hi there,
    First of all, you have met all the requirements, which is great, as most members who apply for staff do not, and by doing so I can see you understand the importance of this role. You have put a lot of effort into this application, and it is very detailed. Furthermore, you seem very mature for your age, and the amount of hours you can dedicate per-day would really help the server. Moreover, the fact that you used to be a staff member on another server, can help you understand what to do in situations that staff members may face, and how to deal with them responsibly. I also think that the fact you are multilingual is really important, as it can help you communicate with the majority players on the server who do not speak English.
    In conclusion to this, I am going to give this application a +1 , although I do not play Skyblock, I would love to see you part of the staff team in the future.
    Good luck! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. stephensmc

stephensmc New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    Very good application. You knowing the rules, being bilingual, and you being able to dedicate a decent amount of time on the server is all good! Only problem is your capitalization in the letter "I", but that's just a small thing. That's all! I'm going to give you a +1. Best of luck to you!

4. mhms

mhms Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    +1 Good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. sweetener

sweetener Forum Master

Ratings:
    +199 / 10
    +1 gl <3

6. WinterChains

WinterChains Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 1
    Uhhh just a heads up, in your first answer your response repeats iteself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. KiteBetter

KiteBetter Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 15
    Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback <3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. ManaAddict11866

ManaAddict11866 Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Well I think I would be silly not to give you a +1, you met all the requirements, and have an extensive comprehension on the game. I have seen you online most nights (night for me) and you're always helping people out. I have also seen you say, "No I don't want donations because I care more about helping people than accepting gifts." And to me those are all great qualities of a good staff member :) I'll see you around :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. HonigBiene

HonigBiene Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 3
    +1 gl ^^

10. Cos

Cos
    Moderator MVP VIP+

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Hello Chris! I'm so happy you've finally decided to apply! Right away, I will be giving this application a big +1.
    I think this application really highlights your dedication and love for the server. You're active and I always see you helping out in chat to those who need it, and more often then not even helping me out. I think you knowing multiple languages would be a big help too. As ManaAddict11866 said above, you do things for the pure reason of helping the community and don't expect anything in return. I believe you are extremely responsible and have a willingness to learn and help people, even with the smallest things. You're always expanding your knowledge on the game and how the server works and are always a huge help in-game for everyone. I wish you the best of luck and have an amazing day. <3 :)
    -Cos (Disillusioning)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. WilboShakespeare

Ratings:
    +16 / 5
    gl +1

12. Maxwce

Maxwce Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 5
    +1, gl

13. SunsetMagic

SunsetMagic Network Manager
    Manager MVP+ VIP+ VIP Helper Management QA Team

Ratings:
    +682 / 21
    SunsetMagic
    Hello Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me on the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Sunset#3438], I am quicker to respond there.

Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.

The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
    Sunset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.