Do you agree?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2
Yes, it is broken. And for anyone that disagrees. Let me shed some light on you.

"BuT GoLdEn, HoW iS iT bRoKeN?

There are so many issues, I can list it off.

• The fact that the quest line is broken. This in itself is not only broken. However, is also game-changing. It prevents new players from obtaining ce's through the exchange of XP. Thus, the og's take this into account and sell overpriced ce's for a redundant amount. Not only that but angel dust as well. I mean for fs. Who thinks it's okay to sell 100% angel dust for 1 million?
  • This continues with the issue of the quest line. Now, you thought not getting ce's your own way was bad enough. Well sucks to suck, because now you can't get iron golem spawners either through the /shop. I mean come on. If you're not going to fix the quest line in the foreseeable future. At least don't limit the shop based on these quests.
  • Moving off from the topic of the broken quest line. Another issue which isn't "game-changing." However, it's very inconvenient. The issue with /recipe. It's really nice being able to see a crafting recipe in a second or two. However, not that it's gone. I need to google the recipes. And people are going to say, "BuT GoLdEn, JuSt UsE /craft." The issue with /craft, is I need all the crafting recipes to craft it. I use /recipe to know what I need. Not to know how to craft it.
  • And this is also a fairly annoying issue to deal with. Not long ago. In fact a couple days ago. We had an issue with 20+ accounts spamming chat for a solid couple minutes. And guess what the issue was. Yup, there was no staff on in game. Instead, we had to /helpop it and wait until a staff member arrives. Now, I can understand if it was a timezone thing and it would be a one type thing. But no, there is consistently no staff on. And when there is, they're not on longer than 10 minutes.
So what has been done to fix these issues? For the quests issue. They didn't fix it. They simply removed it for the time being. Anytime you try doing /quests. You simply get a message saying the command you ran doesn't exist. The recipe command. Also doesn't work and instead expects you to have to google and every block you don't know the crafting recipe for. And the staff issue? It's fine, we'll demote Speediare and Dom. The two players who were one of the most active staff last season. And then Texans45 and JuanitoG both resign. Both of them really great people. So how do we make up for this loss of staff members. We accept members who don't look at Survival whatsoever.

So what does Dacon do as a whole? Does he fix the issues with survival? No, but great news. We get a new game mode. But at this rate, it'll be undervalued and understaffed. Just like barebones, skywars, and soon to be Islands and Survival.

Catmaster2000

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
117 5
I just want to point out Dom and Speed resigned. Not demoted.

H a ι l e y

MVP+
Ratings
76 2
I can understand your frustration towards these things. But no issue or "problem" goes unnoticed. There are a lot of things Dakota works on without anyone knowing because they simply don't have to know every time he is working on something. It can be annoying when you feel as if nothing is being done about these things but it is. People have lives too outside of the game so they can't always get to it right away. I do assure you though, these issues aren't forgotten about.

As for your problem with staff, all of the survival staff have about the same time zones and as inconvenient as it may sound, they are busy with school and jobs that they have. But when I am on I always report survival issues and it gets dealt with as soon as possible. Survival is a 1.10 and up server and a lot of players prefer 1.8 therefore they don't go on survival unless they need to. Same goes for staff. Me personally I am mainly kitpvp staff so I have to switch to 1.10 to even go on survival and deal with kitpvp at the same time if no one else is on. So yeah it may take a bit for us to get to you guys but we still do.

What happened to Speed and Dom had nothing to do with how active they are. It was a decision that was made by higher staff for a reason and it doesn't mean survival is "broken". Survival is just fine. There will be more staff on there in the future for sure. But for now, continue to report any problems you have through /report and we will do our best to deal with it. Thank you.

I am sorry for any problems you may have with survival but like I said, we are doing our best to deal with all of them as best we can.

If you have any more questions, feel free to message me on discord Savage#2179

Dave

MVP
Ratings
63 4
This is very incorrect as if a newer player some how achieved the money they can ask someone to buy them the ig spawner and transfer the money, I did this until I completed the quest line. Quests also didn't just "get removed" they were creating ungodly amounts of lag on the server almost to the point that it was unplayable. The staff issue was discussed above me and I agree with both of them. Dacon is trying his best, he is very busy and he will return quests as soon as he can, it's just probably not his first priority. Survival is not dying it is still growing, so enjoy your time on the server.

Speediare

Forum Master
MVP+
Ratings
668 9
I just want to point out Dom and Speed resigned. Not demoted.
Hate to break it to you, but I was actually demoted. There was even an announcement thread that listed it.

Also, I completely agree with what Savage and Dave has said above me. Dakota needs more times with things. We are human, not robots. Just give Dakota and the rest of the staff team more time. As for staff, a couple people currently are applying for Survival. (And Dom and Texans never were part of the main Survival staff team.) Similar to what Savage said, there will be new staff in the future. Staff have their own lives, such as sleep, school, and other reasons. These issues can be fixed, and Dave's idea for the IG spawner and such works, same can go with CE's. Dakota did also say quests should return soon. Survival is far from dying. It still gets a high playerbase, and there is tons of other things to do besides quests. As with reports, if there is no staff ingame, call them in #help on the Community Discord. For /recipe, it's gone because Survival is 1.12 now. If you play in the version, you should be able to use the new recipe book in your inventory and unlock recipes once you get enough materials. Hopefully, you understand all this, Golden. In my opinion, just play the server for what it is, not what it isn't. That can make it a lot more enjoyable, trust me. Have a good day. <3

Catmaster2000

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
117 5
I am sorry @speedaire I didn't know. ):

Ratings
I, one hundred percent agree with you... but as a new player I have had no problems getting the items you said would be 1mil I usually saw them listed as 500,000 or something like that. I agree that the questing is broken though!

Gaming

Forum Expert
MVP
SadGirlNoceda
SadGirlNoceda
MVP
Ratings
114 6
Tbh, I never have these problems. But about the crafting. I've been playing long enough to know the recipes like the back of my hand. But that is because I've played so much PC and console minecraft. And the other things i just ever see.

jkljoshh

Forum Expert
MVP+
jkljoshh
jkljoshh
MVP+
Ratings
192 43
Okay before you go and fix survival, go and check out @Klime 's thread.
Creative needs more updates than that.

Abxurd

ELITE
Abxurd
Abxurd
ELITE
Ratings
I don't think it would be considered broken... The problems are obviously noticed by the owners and staff members. Everything is just being worked on. Aside from those few issues, everything else is still very playable.