Macros, Allowed Mods & AFK Machines Rules - Explained

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I’ve personally noticed some confusion recently regarding the recent (and not so recent) changes/additions to the rules on ManaCube, so I’m creating this thread to hopefully explain the changes/rules in a little more detail. - Specifically talking about the ‘Macros, Allowed Mods & AFK Machines’ rule(s) that are being either enforced or re-enforced across the gamemodes within ManaCube.

Macros
A macro is something used by a player to automate a task - whether it be placing something on your spacebar so you jump constantly, or you install a client/software onto your computer to do it for you, these are not allowed on any of the servers, and are bannable if you are caught/suspected of using one. Other examples of macros would be (but are not limited to); autoclickers, auto-fishers, auto-mining, auto-jumping, etc. If it allows you to move or complete a task without you having to press a button or be at your computer, then it is NOT allowed.

The one and only exception to this, is chat macros which are allowed. A chat macro for example, could be to speed up answering a question, such as on Olympus when new-comers ask for money, a common response to this is ‘Pay is disabled’ - to save time from typing it out every individual time someone asks for money, you could use a chat macro to automatically type it, at just the press of a button.

Allowed Mods
Currently as the ‘Allowed Mods’ link on the official rules thread is unavailable to view (https://manacube.com/mods), there is no real “official” mod list due to this, however this does not mean you can use whatever mods/clients you like. For example, schematica (even without printer) is one of the mods which is not allowed on any of the servers on ManaCube. Anything which gives you an unfair advantage over other players, is not allowed.

Please don’t take a risk when it comes to using mods. If you’re unsure if a mod is allowed on the server, you can always contact a member of staff and they will find out for you and let you know if it’s allowed or if it’s bannable.

AFK Macros

Recently the ‘AFK kick’ has been reintroduced, along with the ‘AFK Machines’ rule, which is that they are NOT allowed to be used/created on any of the gamemodes, and if found to have one you will be asked to remove it, if you continue to use AFK machines after being warned, you will be temporarily banned. An AFK pool/machine can be anything from the custom built ones, to simply just a mine-cart and rail; anything that keeps you moving while you go AFK, is considered an AFK machine, (even more so if it is by a farm/grinder) and you will be asked to remove it.

This rule was introduced to prevent people bypassing the AFK kick - which is now an hour for all non-donors, meaning you can go AFK for up to an hour, but every hour you must come back and move, otherwise you will be kicked from the server.

Rules.png
The image above is a screenshot of the 3 rules explained in this thread, to read all of the rules in full on the official thread, click here to be re-directed to the ‘ManaCube Network: Official Rules’ - I know that most/all of these rules are pretty self explanatory and I personally think they’re explained relatively well, however I have noticed some confusion lately regarding them, and some players still asking about macros and AFK machines especially. I think all 3 of these rules somewhat tie in with one another, so I felt writing about all 3 of them in one thread would be better than explaining just the AFK rule(s).
P.S; Thank you to @Aloro for proof-reading this thread :mc_38-0:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
This is gud Although I think it would be nice to have it updated with All the rules/what ever else I can't think of. But this is helpful and I really think everyone shouldn't bypass the afk kicker (Including vip-MVP+).

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
This is gud Although I think it would be nice to have it updated with All the rules/what ever else I can't think of. But this is helpful and I really think everyone shouldn't bypass the afk kicker (Including vip-MVP+).
I believe that is a suggestion on Feature Upvote? If not, here’s a similar suggestion for the same reason, I’d recommend checking out. https://manacube.featureupvote.com/suggestions/37235/remove-afk-timer. I do agree that the rules in-general need an update, and I’m pretty sure that’s being worked on too.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6
I’ve personally noticed some confusion recently regarding the recent (and not so recent) changes/additions to the rules on ManaCube, so I’m creating this thread to hopefully explain the changes/rules in a little more detail. - Specifically talking about the ‘Macros, Allowed Mods & AFK Machines’ rule(s) that are being either enforced or re-enforced across the gamemodes within ManaCube.

Macros
A macro is something used by a player to automate a task - whether it be placing something on your spacebar so you jump constantly, or you install a client/software onto your computer to do it for you, these are not allowed on any of the servers, and are bannable if you are caught/suspected of using one. Other examples of macros would be (but are not limited to); autoclickers, auto-fishers, auto-mining, auto-jumping, etc. If it allows you to move or complete a task without you having to press a button or be at your computer, then it is NOT allowed.

The one and only exception to this, is chat macros which are allowed. A chat macro for example, could be to speed up answering a question, such as on Olympus when new-comers ask for money, a common response to this is ‘Pay is disabled’ - to save time from typing it out every individual time someone asks for money, you could use a chat macro to automatically type it, at just the press of a button.

Allowed Mods
Currently as the ‘Allowed Mods’ link on the official rules thread is unavailable to view (https://manacube.com/mods), there is no real “official” mod list due to this, however this does not mean you can use whatever mods/clients you like. For example, schematica (even without printer) is one of the mods which is not allowed on any of the servers on ManaCube. Anything which gives you an unfair advantage over other players, is not allowed.

Please don’t take a risk when it comes to using mods. If you’re unsure if a mod is allowed on the server, you can always contact a member of staff and they will find out for you and let you know if it’s allowed or if it’s bannable.

AFK Macros
Recently the ‘AFK kick’ has been reintroduced, along with the ‘AFK Machines’ rule, which is that they are NOT allowed to be used/created on any of the gamemodes, and if found to have one you will be asked to remove it, if you continue to use AFK machines after being warned, you will be temporarily banned. An AFK pool/machine can be anything from the custom built ones, to simply just a mine-cart and rail; anything that keeps you moving while you go AFK, is considered an AFK machine, (even more so if it is by a farm/grinder) and you will be asked to remove it.

This rule was introduced to prevent people bypassing the AFK kick - which is now an hour for all non-donors, meaning you can go AFK for up to an hour, but every hour you must come back and move, otherwise you will be kicked from the server.

View attachment 13203 The image above is a screenshot of the 3 rules explained in this thread, to read all of the rules in full on the official thread, click here to be re-directed to the ‘ManaCube Network: Official Rules’ - I know that most/all of these rules are pretty self explanatory and I personally think they’re explained relatively well, however I have noticed some confusion lately regarding them, and some players still asking about macros and AFK machines especially. I think all 3 of these rules somewhat tie in with one another, so I felt writing about all 3 of them in one thread would be better than explaining just the AFK rule(s).
P.S; Thank you to @Aloro for proof-reading this thread :mc_38-0:
Hoi @Hallowqueen, aka lovely queen :D

Thanks for making this awesome guide explaining some of the (un)allowed mods on Manacube and updating ~even though it’s not official~ the list of it.

This was very useful and I’m sure members will have more than clear about AFK rules, I appreciate it a lot and again, thanks ❤️

¡Hope you have a good day!

Calari

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Calari
Calari
MVP+
Ratings
150 7
thx for the post Hallowqueen, i notice confusion about the rules or disregard for them in chat more often then not and try to inform accordingly. but recently the afk-pool came up and i actually didnt know. so thx for the post. i can do a better job now.^^