Manacube Election Update Information - Electoral fraud and vote tampering

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Before I begin, please note that I cannot see individual players' IPs. The poll host simply informed me of suspicious voting behaviour and I investigated.

ELECTORAL FRAUD
It has come to my attention thanks to the official polling site's high-tech statistical analysis and voter registration software that there has been some suspicious behaviour in the polls. According to the website,
  • 8 votes were registered from 2:38 PM EST to 2:47 PM EST, all voting for the same candidate, all registered from the same IP.
  • 4 votes were registered from 12:14 PM EST to 12:33 PM EST, all voting for the same candidate, all registered from the same IP.
Of course, such electoral fraud is unacceptable, but I maybe should have seen this coming. Therefore, starting tomorrow (March 30), all IPs can only register one vote.

It's very important that players are careful to vote for the right candidate, on the right day. I will no longer be able to wipe the vote and tell them to vote again on the correct day, as I have been doing today.

There will be no punishment to the candidates in question at this time, but let this be a final warning. Any further tampering with the future of our server - to my discretion - will not be tolerated, and could result in forced withdraw from the race.

UPDATED SCHEDULE
As today has been a mess of wrong votes and fraud, the scheduled Factions and KitPvP vote will be moved to Thursday, March 2nd and the results will be determined on Friday the 3rd. Please remember, before voting, review the official forums page and make sure you're following all the necessary steps.

Sorry for the confusion and the disappointment on all fronts, much of which is my fault. I look forward to seeing all Skyblock, Islands and Creative players voting tomorrow.

Happy voting, and may the best candidate win.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
How does this voting thing work anyway?

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
How does this voting thing work anyway?
You click the link when it’s your server’s day, you pick who you want and that’s it