VIP+
3mn
3mn
VIP+
Ratings
  • Username: Christienn
  • Map name: Medieval Sky Lands
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: /plot visit Christienn : -15; -49
  • Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane) : Easy - It has a mixture of different difficulties, so it may vary.
  • Number of jumps (Optional) 73
EDIT: I went in and edited some portions of the map, block jumps have been expanded and slime jumps have been hardened.

Last edited:

kroro1

Dedicated Member
VIP
kroro1
kroro1
VIP
Ratings
47 1
As I am currently unable to acces my computer so I will be judging this only on the pictures provided.
While the theme may not be original I think the build looks really good and that makes up for it. My biggest concern is the parkour as it seems to be mostly normal 2-4 block jumps which is really boring and the jumpcount doesen't fit easy-medium, in my opinion 73 are way to many for an easy.
I'll be giving you a 0 for now as I feel the parkour wouldn't ge that fun.(keep in mind I am only judging it from the pictures so maybe the parkour is varied and fun)
-----------------------------
Changed it to a +0.5 as I am still concerned about the amount of jumps

Last edited:

3mn

VIP+
3mn
3mn
VIP+
Ratings
As I am currently unable to acces my computer so I will be judging this only on the pictures provided.
While the theme may not be original I think the build looks really good and that makes up for it. My biggest concern is the parkour as it seems to be mostly normal 2-4 block jumps which is really boring and the jumpcount doesen't fit easy-medium, in my opinion 73 are way to many for an easy.
I'll be giving you a 0 for now as I feel the parkour wouldn't ge that fun.(keep in mind I am only judging it from the pictures so maybe the parkour is varied and fun)
Ah, I have more jumps such as a slime block jump, and a dropper jump that makes it a variety, but I didn't post any screenshots. My bad xD.

3mn

VIP+
3mn
3mn
VIP+
Ratings
-----------------------------
Changed it to a +0.5 as I am still concerned about the amount of jumps
Also, just wanted to note. I went back into the map and added some harder jumps. I appreciate the opinion as I feel I have improved my parkour course because of you! C:

kroro1

Dedicated Member
VIP
kroro1
kroro1
VIP
Ratings
47 1
Also, just wanted to note. I went back into the map and added some harder jumps. I appreciate the opinion as I feel I have improved my parkour course because of you! C:
Glad to help, btw I'll be home in about 2 days then I'll test the parkour

Nixi

Dedicated Member
Mapper
Ratings
62 3
Hello,

I think this map is really well designed and fun to play, maybe you should consider changing the sign at the end from "LEAP!" to "DOUBLE-LEAP!", because now it took me atleast 30 seconds to figure out how I was supposed to get to the finish, which is way too much considering I'm a map creator myself too, so for an average easy course player it would be super hard.

All in all a well thought out and made map, the theme is meh but I like it still! ;)

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Hello,

I think this map is really well designed and fun to play, maybe you should consider changing the sign at the end from "LEAP!" to "DOUBLE-LEAP!", because now it took me atleast 30 seconds to figure out how I was supposed to get to the finish, which is way too much considering I'm a map creator myself too, so for an average easy course player it would be super hard.

All in all a well thought out and made map, the theme is meh but I like it still! ;)
Agreed

3mn

VIP+
3mn
3mn
VIP+
Ratings
Hello,

Ah, gotcha! C: I'm going to change the sign now xD.
[DOUBLEPOST=1532646551][/DOUBLEPOST]
Glad to help, btw I'll be home in about 2 days then I'll test the parkour
Gotcha, good luck with the trip home, and I hope you enjoy the parkour :p!

kroro1

Dedicated Member
VIP
kroro1
kroro1
VIP
Ratings
47 1
Ok so I'm home and the tested the parkour. It's pretty fun and has some variation so that's good. But it's way to long for and easy. I would call it a medium/hard from the length and a medium from the difficulty so in my opinion I would rate it as a medium.
I also found a skip at the start of the map:
upload_2018-7-29_0-35-47.png

The map does look really nice now that I can look at it in person so a +1 from me if you fix that skip.

3mn

VIP+
3mn
3mn
VIP+
Ratings
Ok so I'm home and the tested the parkour. It's pretty fun and has some variation so that's good. But it's way to long for and easy. I would call it a medium/hard from the length and a medium from the difficulty so in my opinion I would rate it as a medium.
I also found a skip at the start of the map:
View attachment 10210

The map does look really nice now that I can look at it in person so a +1 from me if you fix that skip.
oh snap! I didn't go that in depth xD. Thank you for pointing it out C;

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Christienn/3mn,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is not really original, because there is already some medieval themed maps, the build however is pretty good, I'm just not a big fan of all the parkour floating, it's pretty messy. The parkour is not really good, it's a bit varied, but really repetitive, it's also way too long for a easy/medium, but too easy for a hard.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.