Reviewing Minesheep1 - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Minesheep1, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minesheep1

MVP QA Team

Ratings:
    +95 / 2
    Your Minecraft username
    minesheep1

What server are you applying for

Skyblock

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Jai (Pronounced Jay)

Location (or timezone)
    Texas (CST or Central Standard Time)

---------------------------------------------

Why do you aspire to become staff?
    When I first joined the server back in 2014, I have always admired the staff. They are great people, always doing their best to help out the community. I personally love helping people and making sure everyone has a great time. Whenever someone feels like they belong here, or is just simply having a great time, it's an awesome feeling helping them out. I want the server to be kept that way. In skyblock, there is always someone asking for help in different ways. Staff members aren’t always on. Since they’re humans too, they can’t be on 24/7. I always try my best to help the person, but some things are out of my capability, I know some things but not everything. The people in ManaCube are awesome too, I love them all. Everyone is so friendly, and it is my best intentions to keep it that way. ManaCube is one of the best, if not, the best community out there. I would love to be staff on this server. It’s a dream of mine, and I would love if this dream would come true.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I have played on this server since early 2014.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?

I can dedicate about 1-3 hours on during the week and on the weekends, I can spend approximately 3-7 hours. Keep in mind, this is all estimated numbers, they could be higher or lower. This is mainly based on how much school work/extracurricular activities I have going on during that day. I will let you know if I cannot be on a certain day or if I go on vacation.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    There are many skills I have. I will list a few below;
    Leadership - This was a trait I had on my last application but since then I have further expanded this trait. In Boy Scouts, I have taken more responsibility, as Patrol Leader. Basically, that means I plan activities and make sure everyone is being safe while fun. As a lot of people say, you have to lead them successfully. If you do not give them a path to go down, or someone else is not being a good leader, who will they look up to? Also since my last application, I have moderated 3 more camp outs. This means I do the same thing as Patrol leader, but I’m in charge of everyone being safe and everyone having fun. I like to be a leader in Boy Scouts. I love when people look up to me as a leader and as a good example.
    Knowledge - As I have hit 4 years on Manacube, my knowledge of this server is very vast. I know the rules by heart and know when to warn, ban, or mute when it is necessary of course. I know how to handle people and how you can set yourself up for success. I always try my best to answer any and all questions within my knowledge I’ve gained. I love to spread it around to other players.
    Responsibility - From my previous application, I still do babysitting. Now there are even more kids I have to take care of (of course, I have help). I am responsible for those children, making sure they have a smile on their face and just having a good time. I love when people are having a great time. It brings joy to my eyes and mouth. If I do something wrong, I’m not afraid to say it. I will take responsibility even if I was partially in it, or even knew about it.
    Cooperation - I know when you are staff you work with a lot of people, staff member or not. I love being around other people and knowing about their opinions. Sometimes, my ideas/opinions aren’t as valid, but also working with other people to change that. I usually like having different people around me, not just my friends. I know how to work together peacefully and in a nice way.
    Determination - I’m always determined to get something done. I will not stop until it is done. I am determined to help people and make this server a better place. I always try to be determined, even after my goal looks faint. Accomplishing something is a great feeling. Without that determination, you wouldn’t accomplish any goal at all. I love fulfilling goals, and my goal is to help the server become a better place in general.
    Trustworthy - This is a trait in the Boy Scout Law. Which is basically a list of traits a Boy Scout should always be and show. Trustworthy is a huge one. If you lie to a player, you’re not only being dishonest with them, you’re being dishonest to yourself. Trust is a big thing that keeps friendships together. If a player can’t trust you, you’re not really a staff member, more like a by passer. Being trustworthy is a huge thing that I always am. I hate lying, it’s just rude. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Social - Social is being able to talk and speak out. I love talking. I love it in general, being friendly to everyone. Connecting with other players and making them feel welcome is extremely important. It could be the reason why they decide if they are wanting to stay and play, or leave instantly.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    I have not been a staff member but I have friends that are staff members or are past staff members. I admire all of them. A former staff member of ManaCube who learned a lot from being staff, not only here, but on his own server and many others, taught me a lot since my last application. He basically trained me as if he was giving me admin on his server. With that said, below are some experiences I have had in real life.
    Currently, as mentioned above, I babysit children. Basically, I make sure everyone is being safe and having a great time, it is a huge deal of responsibility. Their parents are trusting me with their children, relying on me to make sure they stay out of trouble and being safe. If you let them down, it’s a huge disappointment and a loss of trust. If they are having fun, you know you’re doing your job right.
    Recently, I have just left Taekwondo. In December of 2016, I got my black belt in Martial Arts. I’ve recently left to pursue other passions. In Taekwondo, I learned discipline, respect, and responsibility and much more. I learned how to be calm and protect myself with self-defense. It also built my self-confidence and it trained my body, to withstand mental and physical pain. This training deeply expanded my learning of myself. It increased my self-esteem and of how I thought about myself. I was debating if I should quit when I was mid-way through. Though, after a lot of determination, I came out with my black belt. The day, when they presented the belt to me, is one of the best days of my life.
    Currently, I’m still working towards my Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts and trust me, it is a lot more work than you think. It is no joke, as people continue to make fun of it. You learn leadership skills and other skills that will help you in the future. This is something that will definitely affect your future, regardless.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    Below are three attributes that distinguish me from other players.
    Leadership - As I said in an above requirement, leadership is a huge thing when you become staff. I love to be the leader and lead others to success. A staff member should also be the role model to other players and fellow staff members. If you have nobody following you, nobody will listen to you or the rules. You need to set an example for other players and staff. Whether that is to follow the rules or just to be nice in general, it is always good to set that example. You need to know not to hurt others feelings but to help them out no matter what circumstances it has come to. You have to portray a lot of good traits to be a leader, and I believe I portray them.
    Hard Working - A staff member needs to work hard and not be lazy. They can’t just sit back and let everyone do the work or sit here while a fight is going on in chat. If you do that, you’re not portraying the example of a good staff member and will probably get yourself demoted, eventually at least. I believe I work hard, and I always try to help players. I do not give up easily. I have a good work ethic, and I’m not afraid to get things done. I’m not frightened by a challenge.
    Experience - As I said above, I’ve been playing since 2014. Since then, I’ve played multiple servers other than skyblock. I know how all of them work. Experience is important because, if a player asks for help on another server, you know how it works. I also have a clear understanding of their rules, not only skyblock.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    Staff members have different roles on the server. One role is to be a leader. They guide others to success and lead them through good paths. They set them up for success and be a role model, essentially. Another role is to make sure no one has an unfair advantage over other players (hacking or cheating). Staff members should also be there for players, answering questions, and suggesting ideas to help them succeed. Also, another role of a staff member is to make sure everyone is having fun and have a smile on their face. Most importantly, just being a friend to everyone in general. The role of a staff member isn’t just going on to punish people either, it’s to play the game as well, having fun. Staff gets to have fun as well and punish people when the time comes, enjoying every moment of it.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes, I am. I use OBS to record.

Anything else we should know?
    This is my third application for staff. My first application, I was denied for maturity. I will fully admit, I was not being very mature at all. Since then, I have striven to be mature and have succeeded at it. I have been helping out a lot more and just being friendly and not getting in trouble like usual. Last application, I was denied due to my temper. I wasn't able to control myself and keep my composure. That anger was spilled over to my friends, which I deeply regret. Since that situation though, I've worked on getting a better grasp of my actions. I've been able to communicate with a lot of people without getting frustrated. Even if they do something wrong. I'm extremely sorry to those who I hurt and if you would like to talk about it, please feel free to message me on discord. I'm more than willing to talk about it. Thank you.
    Thank you for reading my application, I really appreciate it. If you have any questions at all you can message me on discord. My discord is Minesheep1#2654. I hope you have an amazing rest of your day/night!

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
    • Cookie Cookie x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Jxson

MVP+ MVP VIP

Ratings:
    +120 / 5
    I like the honesty in this application. It's good to be aware of your mistakes and to improve on them. For that I will give a +1

(although, did you forget to finish the sentence on the question about hours you can play? unless 'ba' means something..xD)
    (edit: you just updated it haha)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Minesheep1

MVP QA Team

Ratings:
    +95 / 2
    Hey Jason! Thank you for your +1. Sorry about the mistake. When I was copying and pasting from my google doc, it messed up. Just fixed it :D.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Smithicent

MVP+ MVP VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +254 / 21
    Y E S!

I don't play skyblock much but you are the most helpful person on skyblock including the staff imo, you're always there to help

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Minesheep1

MVP QA Team

Ratings:
    +95 / 2
    Thank you so much Nick <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Speediare

Moderator MVP+ MVP Donator

Ratings:
    +659 / 10
    Aye, Jai, you re-applied! :D

You deserve a
    +1! You're a great friend, and always happy to help. You're a really active player, and seeing you mature has been great. I believe you'll make a great staff member! Best of luck, man, and have a good day. c: <3

-Speediare

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Minesheep1

MVP QA Team

Ratings:
    +95 / 2
    Thank you Speedy! I appreciate it. :D

8. Mushey

Mushey Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 1
    +1 I hope you get Helper! ( Because all of the good staff are gone no offense ) #ShepForHelper

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Minesheep1

MVP QA Team

Ratings:
    +95 / 2
    Hey Mushey! Thank you for your comment! :D

10. Aidan622006

VIP

Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    I wish you best of luck 1+

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Minesheep1

MVP QA Team

Ratings:
    +95 / 2
    Thank you, I appreciate it.

12. Dominator813

Dominator813 Forum Master

Ratings:
    +110 / 4
    Heya sheep!
    Glad you re applied. You're always quick to help others when needed, and you've been playing on the server for a long time. You've really matured over the last few months, and I think you're ready to join the staff team. +1
    Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Minesheep1

MVP QA Team

Ratings:
    +95 / 2
    Thank you Dom!

14. GoldenGaming

GoldenGaming Forum Master

Ratings:
    +134 / 2
    Dear @Dacon ,
    With all due respect. How the he*k is Minesheep not staff yet? I have known Minesheep for a good couple seasons now on Skyblock. And I can safely assure that he is up there in the rankings of helpfulness. He is extremely kind and those who disagree or disregard is flat out dumb. And I know what you're thinking. But Golden, since you're friends, aren't you biased. Slightly, yes. But then again, who isn't? So I ask the court today. It's not why should you pick Minesheep to be a helper and further on. However, it's why would you not choose him? He has grown in maturity like hair grows on a bear. His friendliness is higher than any star in the sky. And plus, you don't have to pay him. ;)

BUT ALAS'. Thou' must chooseth my dear buddy of mine for the position in which he is the most skilled in comparison to the remaining applications. (No hard feelings, luv u all <3)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Slime_Lord101

MVP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +143 / 0
    Hey Sheep, glad to see you applied.

To be honest, I'm not sure where to start. Back in 3.0 we met for the first time which turned into a long friendship, we played every season together and we called on skype (back then) and discord a few years after. I remember back when were always took snowballs to pvp because, since we were in a party, we wouldn't hit each other so we used them which allowed us to bypass it. Though, I did murder you a few times and got a bunch of your heads after that. Who knew we'd still be playing together to this day. I can truly say you've matured and learned a lot over the years, growing each day you've been playing, especially since your last application. Since your last application, we've played together and talked a lot over discord. I can voucher a lot for you since we're talked every single day and played online every day, working together and more. We played a lot together here on Mana but also on my server, a little more of my server now since I left mana.

Going on, I certainly hope you do get staff, not just because you've worked hard towards it but because, in mine and most others opinions, you deserve it. You've been playing Mana for a lot of time now and know everything there is to know about it, especially Skyblock. GoldenGaming mentioned many good points in his reply, many of them were the fact that you're extremely kind and helpful and that, even though you've never been staff, you do know quite a lot, and considering as you said, a former staff member from here went over some important things with you. You fit every requirement and go far beyond. Though, my response may seem bias but, really, anybody who comments is being biased, it's impossible not to be. Over the years ManaCube has had lots of good and amazing staff members but other this time, a good percentage of them have either left or were demoted due to inactivity, it would be nice to see a new staff member that was an original player here on ManaCube.

Furthermore, I'd just like to say, you got this, I know you do. Even if you don't believe it, just don't give up hope. You will only make it as far as you believe you will. Just keep up the good work and continue to help people as you do and they'll be nothing standing in your way. If you haven't noticed yet, this is a big
    +1.

Sincerely, Slime.

• Fabulous Fabulous x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Minesheep1

MVP QA Team

Ratings:
    +95 / 2
    Hey Golden! Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it dearly. :D
    Thank you Slime so much for this comment. I am glad we have known each other for a while. You have taught me a lot, and we always have fun. I appreciate it a lot. :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. AiresXviper

VIP

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    I been walking through the woods all day and stumbled upon a sheep. He told me his name was Jai, and I knew he was smelly. So that's how I met him, but ... I suddenly found this application. Now I am here reading this 2k or what words essay.

+1

Best Story Teller here. Hope you be accepted! xxxxxxx

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Minesheep1

MVP QA Team

Ratings:
    +95 / 2
    Thank you for that great story and for the +1! :D

19. RainbowCat379

Moderator+ MVP+ VIP QA Team

Ratings:
    +174 / 4
    Eyyyy Shep!

Glad to see you've reapplied c: and what a loooong application, filled with lots of depth and detail ;)
    And, you get a yummy
    +1 !

In all seriousness Jai, you're a very caring, mostly mature, funny person to be around. I don't see you in game very often, but I do talk with you on discord a fair bit, and you're a very friendly and easy going guy. From what I know of you, you're a great friend, who's always there for those people around you, and you have a positive attitude which is a great thing to have as a staff member. The Skyblock Community seems to enjoy you being around them (to talk to and help) plus, you do seem to know a lot about the game mode and are quite active there. Also, from the times I've seen you in game, it seems that you are quite knowledgeable in what Skyblock is about, and that is essential in knowing how to help out those around you. I'm sure you'd do great as a staff member. Personally, I feel you are ready for this next step in the community. Just keep being you, and best of luck :p !

- Catt <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Minesheep1

MVP QA Team

Ratings:
    +95 / 2
    Hey Cat!
    Thank you so much for your comment. The words you said are very thoughtful and grateful. I appreciate it a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.